Rate Dr. Kevin Grant

Dr. Kevin Grant's Ratings

Dr. Grant is a miracle worker. I had a spinal fusion with Instrumentation of L4-S1 on March 22, 2013. Prior to the surgery I could not walk more than 2 minutes without dibilitating sciatica. The next day I was up walking pain free (with a walker). It has now been 8 weeks and I am walking 5 Km's/day (without any aides) a day without pain. The incision has healed up beutifully, and the spine has fused well. I have returned to work and feel fantastic. Thanks Dr. Grant for giving me my life back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I had a fusion of L5-S1 on my back end of September 2012. It is now 7 weeks later and I am on my way to recovery. I had extreme back and leg pain all the time. The back pain and leg pain are gone when I get up in the morning. As I start to walk through the day, I get tired and get some pain which is normal. My back has not completely fused yet so I need to go back in 6 weeks so that Kevin can confirm it has fused completely. I still can not twist, bend or lift. I am trying to do lots of walking to build strength. It has been rough and slow but I am so glad I did it. I can see how great this will be when I am healed. Kevin says it will be 6 months to a year and I guess have to slow down and trust him. He is an amazing surgeon and has a fabulous personality. He always gives it to me straight and always answers all my questions.I just wanted to dance at my daughter's wedding next year and it looks like I will. Thanks Kevin !!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2012

My name is Hilda doctor grant did spinal fusion and a nect fusion on me I .i am 60 years old and he did a great job still recovering however feeling better .he is a great doc that cares and takes time with me and a wonderful science of humor . He will go to bat for you . I love dr grant he is wonderful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

No nonsence kind of approach. Straight to the point and only will do surgery when needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

Suffering from back pain/leg sciatica for over a year due to two ruptured discs in my back. I spent the last two months only able to lie on my right side and unable to sit up, stand, or walk without extreme pain that felt like I was sitting in an electric chair. It took 8 months to get an MRI and an additional 5 months before I could get an appointment with Dr. Grant but it was well worth the wait. Dr. Grant was able to get me in to surgery within four weeks and I was walking around the next day. I loved how he eased my nervousness about surgery to the point where I was very relaxed in the operating room and had 100 percent confidence in his abilities. He took the time to explain what needed to be done and never pressured me into surgery. Dr. Grant is the only doctor I know who stays on schedule. There was never a wait in his office for appointments. I highly recommend Dr. Grant and feel very lucky to have found him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2011

DR.Grant is the best back doc around i too felt like i was his only patient i just had my surgery in dec.last. the pain is not all gone but i have two wait at least a year. already feel better.so if you need help with your back he's the doc' thank you DR.GRANT

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593247].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2011

I am 28 years old and last summer thought I would never walk again; that's how bad the pain was. I met with Dr.Grant who was amazing- he told me what was what; no sugar coating just facts and what he would and could do. Originally my surgery was booked for December, then the end of September but by the last week in August I could not sit,walk or do anything else. When he heard how fast I got worse he took me that weekend and I was in the O.R. by the Saturday. This was my first surgery and hopefully my last (as I type this I am knocking on wood). As I laid in the ER waiting for my surgery Dr Grant came and said that he was not leaving the OR until every nerve was freed (my spinal canal was blocked by about 90% because of two herniated discs and two bulges). As I was wheeled into the OR Dr Grant and his staff began singing to me and then I knew I'd be okay; and I am. It is almost one year later and I am feeling amazing and like a normal 28 year old again, dancing again! TRUST HIM!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593246].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I think it's wonderful that others have recieved the help they needed from Doctor Grant. You can't be all wrong so I guess I truly am an unfortunate person. I still have my back problems and no doctor will help me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593245].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I am a 22 yr old male. I have played competitive sports since before I can remember and consider my competitive/athletic drive to be a defining aspect tome. After suffering through 5 separate lower back injuries over the past 5 years, I finally decided to have my L5-S1 joint fused. I was not looking forward to the rehab process. I had surgery on march 29th 2011, today is the morning of April 7th. my rehab is going better than I could ever have hoped for, my back pain is gone, the sciatica down my left leg has vanished and I am literally able to walk for up to 90-100 minutes straight, which I did a few hours ago. I am taking my rehab slow and steady but I am looking forward to great possibilities. As a young, extremely confident individual who prides himself on being able to go into a gym and lift the world, I look forward to the day in the near future when I can resume my passion of weight-training which is the main source of my athletic confidence. Dr Grant has let me regain my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593244].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I had a consultation with Dr.Grant recently for 2 herniated discs at L4/L5 & L5/S1, causing very painful sciatica for the last 6 months. Dr. Grant's bedside manner is fantastic and he made me feel completely at ease. He explained how surgery could help me but did not pressure me at all... for which I am very thankful. I highly recommend Dr. Grant and will comment again later if I decide to have surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593243].votes_count ]]