Rate Dr. Harvey Lui

Dr. Harvey Lui's Ratings

Dr. Lui helped me more than words can say. I chose not to read the reviews as well, as they are completely opposite of what I experienced, and not at all true of his true character and abilities. Dr. Lui was kind, compassionate, honest, and insightful. I didn't come in with unrealistic expectations and he explained to me in a way that made me understand my condition. He listened and was very thoughtful. Perhaps others had a bad day and were not appreciative of how excellent of a doctor Dr. Lui is

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2737861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

All I can say is that this physician has 0 personality and does not seem to have empathy for his patients. I would definitely recommend a more caring physician. I have many of experience working with physicians and my personal experience with Dr Lui was below standard. I hope he isn't directly involved in teaching UBC medical students bedside manners.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2665115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Hello,
I went to see this Dr. Lui after reading the reviews. Most of the "good" reviews simply can't be true since I saw first hand what type of person he is. I am thinking that with his horrible bed side manner, he must be writing his own reviews to make himself appear better than he is. This man did not help me at all, but rather humiliated me and wrote me a generic prescription that I had already tried. No one speaks to someone they don't know with such rude behavior. Being nice must be acting for this guy. I almost punched his lights out which is awful to say, but it is regretfully true. If you indeed had a good experience, good for you! The rest of us like me can only warn people to say away from this little rat weasel of a man.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2624435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I have been Dr Lui's patient for three years. I have chosen NOT to read reviews. .. for obvious reasons below. He is a Dr and a busy one HELLO how can he be a professional and focused on my health issue if doing the friend thing ( time issue ). Dr Lui askes pertinent questions on my lifestyle so as to best advise me ( gardening, kayaking, skiing ) on how to take care and slow down the sun impact on my skin. Initially he was FOCUSED yes on healing my keratosis ... and he did. The process was uncomfortable but he paused it to give my body/mind a break. That meant the world to me and empowered me to continue later. I am now ( as of today ) symptom free because he cared and was patient with MY PERSON and empowered me to follow his advice. We are able now to have dialog on life (art, gardening ) because DR LUI isn't in the midst of trying to heal me. He does care. It must be difficult to see us all in discomfort and pain, he feels that too.Dr Lui's staff ....Awesome, Calm, Professional. Overall ... Person's health first. That's what I want.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2583215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I am currently seeing Dr Lui for a recurring issue and have been to him about four times in the past year. I have had no problems with him whatsoever. He does display an emotionless approach which may be off-putting to some, but at the end of the day he gets the job done. He informs you of all the options and downsides to specific treatments and so does his staff. The only fault I can see in my overall experience with him is the wait. I've waited every time I've gone to him, even when I was the second or third patient in the morning, but in all honesty, I don't know of any doctor I haven't had to wait for, even my GP.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Lui is a great doctor and cares about his patients. He is extremely busy and does not have much time, but he makes effort and time for his patients. I think what a lot of people below have said are very hurtful comments, and do not adequately reflect Dr. Lui's skills, training, and overall abilities as a doctor. He is an expert and is very well respected in his field. I recommend thinking about how your comments will affect others before posting hurtful comments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

What Dr Harvey Lui did to me is by definition categorized as a medical malpractice. He charged me for a treatment. Then he decided not to do the treatment and demonstrated absolute negligence. Then His office manager, Nina, refused to refund my money and She wouldn't let me speak with Dr Lui about it either. They won't even return my calls anymore. I'll be taking this complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. I never expected to be ripped off by a doctor!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1593981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Dr. Lui is an excellent doctor who is highly qualified and respected in his field. From my experience , I would definitely recommend him. Perhaps the patients who are not happy with his services have unrealistic expectations .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1593980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2012

I have know Dr. Lui for more than 40 yrs. He is a very capable Dr.I am sure he can help you with any medical issue.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1593979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2011

Not someone I would go to again. Seems I am not alone in my opinions of what a horrible person this Dr is. I will NEVER go back to this Lui again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593978].votes_count ]]