Rate Dr. Harvey Lui

Dr. Harvey Lui's Ratings

I have been Dr Lui's patient for three years. I have chosen NOT to read reviews. .. for obvious reasons below. He is a Dr and a busy one HELLO how can he be a professional and focused on my health issue if doing the friend thing ( time issue ). Dr Lui askes pertinent questions on my lifestyle so as to best advise me ( gardening, kayaking, skiing ) on how to take care and slow down the sun impact on my skin. Initially he was FOCUSED yes on healing my keratosis ... and he did. The process was uncomfortable but he paused it to give my body/mind a break. That meant the world to me and empowered me to continue later. I am now ( as of today ) symptom free because he cared and was patient with MY PERSON and empowered me to follow his advice. We are able now to have dialog on life (art, gardening ) because DR LUI isn't in the midst of trying to heal me. He does care. It must be difficult to see us all in discomfort and pain, he feels that too.Dr Lui's staff ....Awesome, Calm, Professional. Overall ... Person's health first. That's what I want.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I am currently seeing Dr Lui for a recurring issue and have been to him about four times in the past year. I have had no problems with him whatsoever. He does display an emotionless approach which may be off-putting to some, but at the end of the day he gets the job done. He informs you of all the options and downsides to specific treatments and so does his staff. The only fault I can see in my overall experience with him is the wait. I've waited every time I've gone to him, even when I was the second or third patient in the morning, but in all honesty, I don't know of any doctor I haven't had to wait for, even my GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Lui is a great doctor and cares about his patients. He is extremely busy and does not have much time, but he makes effort and time for his patients. I think what a lot of people below have said are very hurtful comments, and do not adequately reflect Dr. Lui's skills, training, and overall abilities as a doctor. He is an expert and is very well respected in his field. I recommend thinking about how your comments will affect others before posting hurtful comments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

What Dr Harvey Lui did to me is by definition categorized as a medical malpractice. He charged me for a treatment. Then he decided not to do the treatment and demonstrated absolute negligence. Then His office manager, Nina, refused to refund my money and She wouldn't let me speak with Dr Lui about it either. They won't even return my calls anymore. I'll be taking this complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. I never expected to be ripped off by a doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1593981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Dr. Lui is an excellent doctor who is highly qualified and respected in his field. From my experience , I would definitely recommend him. Perhaps the patients who are not happy with his services have unrealistic expectations .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2012

I have know Dr. Lui for more than 40 yrs. He is a very capable Dr.I am sure he can help you with any medical issue.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2011

Not someone I would go to again. Seems I am not alone in my opinions of what a horrible person this Dr is. I will NEVER go back to this Lui again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2010

Emotionless, no eye contact, rude and nothing for a personality. I would have to be high to go back and see this overpaid, overated a goof that calls himself a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1593977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

not at all helpful, should take up a few lessons in customer service. A waste of money and time. I highly suggest finding another dermatologist. His Staff on the other hand were very pleasant and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1593976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2009

All I have to say is that Lui is very arrogant and egotisitcal with zero people skills. Has no consideration of his patients' time. Waited more than an hour to see him and ended up getting a parking ticket. A total jerk and a loser. You are only a dermatologist...you need to respect others no matter if they are inferior to you. Being a little personable wouldn't harm you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1593975].votes_count ]]