Rate Dr. Harvey Lui

Dr. Harvey Lui's Ratings

I am currently seeing Dr Lui for a recurring issue and have been to him about four times in the past year. I have had no problems with him whatsoever. He does display an emotionless approach which may be off-putting to some, but at the end of the day he gets the job done. He informs you of all the options and downsides to specific treatments and so does his staff. The only fault I can see in my overall experience with him is the wait. I've waited every time I've gone to him, even when I was the second or third patient in the morning, but in all honesty, I don't know of any doctor I haven't had to wait for, even my GP.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lui is a great doctor and cares about his patients. He is extremely busy and does not have much time, but he makes effort and time for his patients. I think what a lot of people below have said are very hurtful comments, and do not adequately reflect Dr. Lui's skills, training, and overall abilities as a doctor. He is an expert and is very well respected in his field. I recommend thinking about how your comments will affect others before posting hurtful comments.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

What Dr Harvey Lui did to me is by definition categorized as a medical malpractice. He charged me for a treatment. Then he decided not to do the treatment and demonstrated absolute negligence. Then His office manager, Nina, refused to refund my money and She wouldn't let me speak with Dr Lui about it either. They won't even return my calls anymore. I'll be taking this complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. I never expected to be ripped off by a doctor!

Submitted Feb. 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lui is an excellent doctor who is highly qualified and respected in his field. From my experience , I would definitely recommend him. Perhaps the patients who are not happy with his services have unrealistic expectations .

Submitted Oct. 9, 2012 | flag

I have know Dr. Lui for more than 40 yrs. He is a very capable Dr.I am sure he can help you with any medical issue.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2011 | flag

Not someone I would go to again. Seems I am not alone in my opinions of what a horrible person this Dr is. I will NEVER go back to this Lui again.

Submitted Sept. 24, 2010 | flag

Emotionless, no eye contact, rude and nothing for a personality. I would have to be high to go back and see this overpaid, overated a goof that calls himself a doctor.

Submitted March 18, 2010 | flag

not at all helpful, should take up a few lessons in customer service. A waste of money and time. I highly suggest finding another dermatologist. His Staff on the other hand were very pleasant and helpful.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2009 | flag

All I have to say is that Lui is very arrogant and egotisitcal with zero people skills. Has no consideration of his patients' time. Waited more than an hour to see him and ended up getting a parking ticket. A total jerk and a loser. You are only a dermatologist...you need to respect others no matter if they are inferior to you. Being a little personable wouldn't harm you.

Submitted Aug. 16, 2009 | flag

Good guy, I have been under his care for several years with a chronic disease. He is willing to try new treatments, and will discuss any approach you want to take. Like any doctor, he prefers a patient who is somewhat 'informed'. Also, he is leading edge with his treatments, which gives a lot of patient the best chance to receive the most up to date, effective treatments. Contrary to some of the above opinions, I find him to be always personable.

Submitted July 31, 2009 | flag