Rate Dr. Duane D. Pitt

Dr. Duane D. Pitt's Ratings

Ok people... I dont know what is going on but Dr. Pitt worked wonders on my back. Was very compassionate, understanding, empathetic, caring, concerned, attentive... I can go on and on. Years later I am having NO ISSUES with the replacement of L5S1, it was "THE BEST" thing I ever did. Are we really speaking of the same Dr. Pitt that worked wonders on my back and got me to feeling 100% better? Dwayne Pitt, Scottsdale? I dont know or understand but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him. I am able to bend over, no pain... sit up straight... no pain, lay flat on my back... no pain... In my books he is one hell of a KICK ASS DOCTOR!!!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

I had back surgery by Dr Pitt back in 2006, a year and a half after I fractured 3 vertebrae that never healed. He was extremely hard to get in to see back in 2005 when he worked for TOCA, but my PCP got me in right away. My fractures never healed, and I could barely walk or stand without being in pain. I had rods and screws placed in my middle back in 2006 and was doing great until the last year and a half. I have been in so much pain and it just keeps getting worse. I went back to Dr. Pitt in Jan 2013 to see what could be done, he sent me for an MRI. I went back to Dr. Pitt after the MRI and he then sent me for a bone scan and wanted me to come back for xrays. Both times I saw him he would walk into the room an hour or two late and ask me "who did your surgery?" Are you kidding me! My chart should be in front of you and you should know that YOU performed my surgery. I have since found an awesome surgeon that will soon be removing my troublesome hardware!

Submitted July 29, 2013 | flag

I saw Dr. Pitt after 3 laminectomies and constant left leg pain, weakness, numbness, and back spasms for years. After a 3rd laminectomy (out of state), I ended up with failed back syndrome. We moved to AZ and I ended up in the ER with severe back spasms. The ER nurse suggested Dr. Pitt. I saw Dr. Pitt fairly quickly and he ordered an MRI. After review he suggested ALIF and PLIF to correct scoliosis, fuse the lumbar spine, and relieve pain. Surgery was scheduled within 3 wks and I have had very little, if any pain since! I am finally off narcotics, can walk and swim without pain, and have my life back. I am so grateful! Dr. Pitt is compassionate, listens to his patients, and makes time to answer questions. His office staff is friendly, kind, and responds quickly when called for appointments or any other questions. I have recommended Dr. Pitt to friends and will continue to recommend him! Thank you Dr. Pitt!

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

Dr.Pitt was referred of Dr. Huston for my lower back and right leg pain. Dr. Pitt reviewed may MRI's and X-rays and knew what was needed to correct my problem. My surgery went like clockwork and I felt relief as I awoke in the recovery room. I think that Dr. Pitt is an outstanding doctor and surgeon and has my utmost respect and confidence. He is a great example of what a professional acts like and exudes to his patients and has my complete trust. I can't imagine not going to Dr. Pitt if I ever have a problem with my back in the future. I have already recommended him to a friend.

Submitted April 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Pitt and his staff are amazing! I scheduled appointments with ease and all telephone calls were returned promptly. I found his staff and nurse to be warm, friendly and very accomodating Dr. Pit is a kind, compassionate, professional and highly skilled surgeon. I had cervical spine surgery in April of 2012 and have resumed all activities. I feel fabulous and will be forever grateful to Dr. Pitt.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Pitt is wonderful and very talented. However, his office staff both front office snotty rude young lady and back office M.A. Heather just are going to ruin his reputation and his business! I had to make several calls and have my primary care doctor call to get a return phone call from the office after having major spine surgery only 2 weeks post op. Even then I got nowhere and was told I needed to make an appointment, to which the first available was more than 8 days out. The staff is absolutely horrific!!

Submitted Aug. 20, 2012 | flag

I went to Dr. Pitt with high hopes - he's contracted with UHC and performed the minimally invasive surgery - with 3 years of terrible lower back pain, I was excited for the possiblity of resolving my back pain via minor surgery. After waiting for 30 minutes to see the doctor, he greeted me with an uncomfortable skeptisim that I was just another middle aged woman with back pain - well, F U! I have been active my entire life: hiking, weight training, biking, tennis, etc...for 54 yrs old, I'm holding up very well. He took new xrays and came into the office and let me know that my "condition" isn't any worse than 2008...though I told him that my pain has increased and I have dibilating spasms...he completely dismissed me and recommended Pilates...how brilliant. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Oh, and his front desk person was completely rude - and could not say the words "thank you".

Submitted Dec. 13, 2011 | flag

Wow! I have been suffering from scoliosis pain for over 15 years. I had 3 surgeries over 5 years in Seattle in the late 1990's which helped some, but in some ways made the pain worse. Dr. Pitt acknowledged my pain which the doctor in Seattle dismissed. In December Dr. Pitt fixed a non-union and straightened the rest of my middle back. That took care of the pain I had from the very first surgery in Seattle. Then Dr. Pitt said that I wasn't completely straight and needed another surgery to fix this. I had noticed that when I walked one leg felt longer than the other. How great to have a doctor who pays attention to details. In June I had another surgery as my lower back hadn’t fused. Now I am better than ever. I am off pain pills for the first time in 15 years! I feel so blessed to have been referred to Dr. Pitt and would recommend that anyone with back problems make an appointment with Dr. Pitt immediately!

Submitted Nov. 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Pitt is the best. His staff is great and always helpful. He knew just what to do to resolve my problem and was wonderful all the way around.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2011 | flag

I have been dealing with back pain over 20+ years I have been to several doctors/pain management over this same time period. most of them wanted to push pills on me.. Dr Pitt listen to me on what I wanted but he told me surgery is in editable. 14 MO. later Dr Pitt operated on me I had instant relieve upon waking up from surgery & still pain free 1 year later. My only regret is I should have done this earlier. As far as his staff not everyone gets along with others & it is best that they part ways & move on & I feel that Dr Pitt has accomplished the issue

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag