Dr. Stephen Chow

Rate Dr. Stephen Chow

Dr. Stephen Chow's Ratings

LOVE this doctor! An amazing surgeon; he gave my husband his knee back:-) For those with a dry sense of humor, you'll leave the office with a smile. The office staff knows their stuff; they're an example of how a medical office SHOULD run...friendly and efficient! I wish he was a PCP because I'd switch to his practice in a second!

Submitted June 25, 2014 | flag

After my MIR reading I saw Dr. Chow three times and he inform me that I had a small rotator cuff tear in my shoulder, each time I saw him he was very rude, impatient,very unconcern of my pain or complains,interrupt me wen I was trying to explain to him the pain in my shoulder,in addition he repeatedly told me that the tear it was not that bad for me to complained so much, and ignored my complains . I requested to be switched to Dr. Rice because at that point I did not trust him, and he make me felt very uncomfortable with his rudeness and him raising his voice at me when I was trying to describe what I felt. Dr. Rice did my surgery in my shoulder and also found a tendon in my bisect torn in addition to the "deep" tear in my rotator cuff. No I will not ever recommend Dr. Chow to no one. Dr. Chow needs to learn bed site manners,compassion, pay attention in patients complaints, don't rush the patients out of the office, needs to be patience, we are people, not animals.

Submitted May 7, 2014 | flag

Dr chow is the best doctor I ever had. He fixed my knee and changed my life. I would recommend him to everyone.

Submitted April 5, 2014 | flag

This doctor did not even listen to my concerns. He seemed to have a prejudice to me right away and was very condescending throughout my appointment. I will never go see him again.

Submitted Feb. 15, 2014 | flag

I needed knee surgery for several years. It was bone on bone and my leg was starting to bow out. My primary dr. Referred me to Dr Chow. I felt at ease with him from the start. I was overweight when i first saw him so I waited 2years while i lost 60 pounds. He did not tell me to do this but I thought it would be better. When I saw my leg in the hospital I couldn't believe it. It was perfectly straight and the knee felt like iron. It has been 9 weeks and I am walking without a cane or walker. The muscles in my legs are getting stronger. He referred me to Apple Valley Therapy and they are bringing me along in a timely manner with very little pain. I had heard so many horror stories about knee surgery. But when you have the right doctor there is nothing to fear. I wouldn't have anyone but Dr Chow.

Submitted Oct. 16, 2013 | flag

very knowledgeable, excellent doctor. Repaired both of my knees and the surgeries were exceptional,as was his staff and facilities, If you need joint repair done, this is the guy to see before any work is done by anyone else. Almost went to a High desert ****, L***a, before I was recommended by a friend to see Dr, Chow for a second opinion. I was SOOO impressed I begged BS/BC (not making a funny here) to change to Dr Chow. Am so glad I did. Thanks, Dr Chow.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2012 | flag

He seems like a knowledgeable doctor. I went in with knee pain, but he didn't seem convinced I was really in pain since I'm so young. He prefers physical therapy over surgery, which I liked. I can't say that my knee is back to normal but it is definitely better than it was a few months ago.

Submitted April 22, 2009 | flag