Rate Dr. Carolyn B. Hendricks

Dr. Carolyn B. Hendricks's Ratings

I do not recommend going to this doctor. I visited her for a consultation due to a genetic mutation. She was 45 minutes late and very dismissive of my questions. She even gave me incorrect information for three different questions I asked her which a later oncologist actually provided the correct information for me. I know two other patients that consulted with her on their cancer and did not move forward with her.

Submitted March 28, 2013 | flag

My mother was treated by Hendricks for two years and honestly was given a ton of wrong information and was not treated properly. My mother passed away after 2 years of treatment. I would never recommend Hendricks to a friend or family member if they developed breast cancer. Aside from not treating or suppressing the cancer at all, her beside manner is absolutely terrible and she made it very clear that she doesnt have time for her patients aside from the appointment time allotted (and even that felt like she was just trying to get out of the room as quickly as possible.) Her ego didnt allow my mother to question her about any of her techniques without her getting upset and then making my mother feel terrible for even asking. My mother shouldnt have had to feel stressed about talking to her doctor....the cancer was enough stress.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2012 | flag

Dr Hendricks was very kind and knowledgable. He staff is also very kind, patient and helpful. I didn't experience any of the negative things written in these posts.

Submitted June 4, 2012 | flag

I left the office sobbing after the 4th visit. She was fine until this visit where she was arrogant, dismissive, and down right angry. She talked too much, didn't listen at all - she completely ignored the reason why I was there - too busy with her own agenda which was that I had some horrible genetic disorder - no facts, seems like the disorder is a recent interest of hers. When I asked about going off tamoxifen, the reason I was there, she responded with, "Just do whatever you want". Really? Why even see a doctor then? She may be brilliant but she should never be in front of people. Do not go to her - having cancer is stressful and you do not need the added stress of this doctor. My low knowledge rating is based on her "knowledge of me" She asks no questions and assumes she knows about me. She does not and never will as I am getting a new doctor.

Submitted May 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hendricks is very cold and uncaring. When I attempted to follow-up with her on some complications following chemo treatment with her, she provided no help and was very unprofessional. I am sure she is very knowledgeable, but lacks the ability to show love to patients with a life threatening disease. This only adds to the stress that patients have during this challenging time.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hendricks is among the most highly-regarded specialists in the Washington area. Her office is well run as well as friendly. She is very thorough. I have no clue who could have possibly given her a less than stellar rating.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. Hendricks after my surgery for an early stage BC. She made me feel like I was being interrogated for a crime, simply because I shared with her some concern about the pathology report after the surgery, which was brought to my attention by my primary care doctor. Instead of responding to my concern in a professional manner, she kept asking who told you that... why are you asking... where did you get ths information...etc. I felt like telling her she looked more like a rude investigator than a doctor. I agree with a others that she does not act in a professional manner when it comes to other opinions. After my first visit I did not want to see her again. Find a doctor that is kind and respectfull of you and your opinion about your body and not dectate you what he/she thinks is the only way, applying 'one size fits all' approach. Best of Luck.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2011 | flag

Things went well with Dr. Hendricks until I got a 2nd opinion which in some ways disagreed with what Dr. Hendricks was recommending. Dr. Hendircks became angry when I tried to discuss this - to the point where I felt embarassed for her. (When there is a difference of opinion the alternatives should be calmly discussed.) Other incidents followed. Needless to day I have moved on and am much happier with my new doctor. All in all I agree with the post below. I found her to be difficult to deal with and arrogant and the overworked staff only added to an already problematic situation. Additionally one of my other doctors sent me to a genetic counselor, from this meeting I learned that Dr. Hendricks did not fully consider my family history.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2011 | flag

After I saw Dr. Hendricks for validation that chemo was necessary, I did not see her again until chemo was completed as the nursing staff does everything for chemo patients. Some phone calls were not returned which I found very frustrating and unprofessional. Initially found Dr. Hendricks to be plesant, but that changed very abruptly when I expressed some displeasure with office staff during my chemo experience. Then, I found Dr. Hendricks to be rude and uncaring as she suggested I leave the practice...which I did.

Submitted July 26, 2011 | flag

Poor patient care, unattentive to patient's needs. She was rude, arrogant, exceedingly poor bedside manner, extremely poor office management. Shortages of staff. She failed to inform me to usage of the critically important drug called perception which could have contributed to avoid the reoccurrence of my cancer. she failed to send me for an MRI while I had head ache and dizziness. She said that she is very opinionated, which is a very wrong character for a doctor. I am sure that if I had stayed under her care I would not be alive today.

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag