Rate Dr. Derek Gunning

Dr. Derek Gunning's Ratings

We met Dr Gunning the night before my husband's surgery. The surgery for an aortic valve replacement was urgent as it had just been discovered that his heart was working less than 30%. He had great bedside manner and thoroughly answered all of our questions and concerns. He came out after the surgery and let us know how it all went. He never rushed us. While my husband was in ICU, a code blue was called for another ICU patient. He calmly took charge and brought the patient back to life. We can never thank him enough for the wonderful job he did. My husband is doing very well, thanks to the amazing skills of Dr. Gunning and the fabulous nursing staff in ICU and the cardiac ward at Royal Columbian. They are very caring, thorough, and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Gunning saved my dads life this past week after a massive heart attack. After a 10 day stay in RCH and therapeutic hypothermia and induced coma, my dad woke up. Dr. Gunner and the nursing staff in the ICU where absolutely incredible and we are forever grateful for everything Dr. Gunner and his team have done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

Dr. Gunning goes above and beyond - most brilliant doctors are stand offish and a bit arrogant NOT Dr. Gunning. He is clear concise and speaks so the lay person can understand. I truly believe he saved my mom's life - She had been waiting for an aortic valve replacement when she had a heart attack. We met Dr Gunning the the ICU at RCH - he along with many staff there worked to restore her health so she could have surgery (it took 3 1/2 months) My mom is now 6 months post surgery and is doing great. I can recommend Dr. Gunning to anyone who needs cardiac surgery as he is simply outstanding in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Dr. Gunning performed a triple bypass on my husband in October, 2012. His amazing professionalism in handling my husband's delicate situation was remarkable as this enthusiastic doctor was efficient in his approach, knowledgeable on the subject and thorough in his evaluation and summation. Moreover, his surgical expertise gifted my husband with a "second chance" as he has fully recovered from this procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr.Gunning operated on my dad recently and did a quadruple bypass! He is awesome - called me after the surgery and once late at night as he was reviewing reports and wanted to change the meds my dad was taking based on what he found in the reports! God bless his soul. We need more doctors like him and I hope one of my kids becomes a surgeon like him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595883].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2012

Dr. Gunning is an amazing surgeon - he saved our sons life when most hope had gone, I would recommend him anytime - he is a miracle worker.Catherine and Brad Dobbin and family of Westbank, BC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2009

He did my dad's heart surgery and was amazing. His care for and interest in my dad was wonderful. As a family member I found him to be very knowledgable and helpful in answering questions. He made us all feel at ease during the whole experience. What an AMAZING doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2008

HE IS AN EXCELLENT CARDIAC SURGEON AND I AM CONFIDENT TO RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE REQUIRED A BYPASS SURGERY. I WAS SO IMPRESSED THAT MY SCAR WAS SO SMALL AND HE IS VERY GOOD IN HIS POST SURGERY CHECK UP. HE CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AND HIS FRIENDLINESS AND OPENESS INSPIRED ME A LOT.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

He performed my bypass surgery and I am VERY pleased with what he had done for me. He is very efficient, knowledgeable and has the right approach.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2008

very young and amazing doctor, he knows his stuff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1595878].votes_count ]]