Dr. William D. Summers

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. William D. Summers has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2670114
04/06/13 1 5 4 4 I like Dr. summers. His front staff however not at all! Was suppose to have surgery was told by doctor to call 2 weeks prior to surgery to confirm which I tried. Kept getting the run around. We will call you back etc. still waiting to be called back!  Respond
RID: 2522221
05/01/13 5 5 5 5 best weight clinic doctor :) very helpful and affordable diet plans are easy  Respond
RID: 2446301
14/10/12 5 5 5 5 I have been Dr Summers patient for 26 years and have loved him ever since.I was reading some of theratings and some of you said that you have to wait sometines a very long time. I too have had to wait but understand the emergencies that come up. And believe me Dr Summers is worth the wait. He is the only Dr. I know that will take blood work and do a thorough annalis of it. I habe received up to 15 to 20 pages of what tests he has ran on my blood and I was very impressed with the procedure. His bedside manner is wonderful and he takes the time to hear your problems and solve them. I can' t say enough about him except that he is the best Gynocologist out there. I will never change from him. Loveyou Dr. Summers.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1489600
18/07/11 4 3 5 5 Dr. Summers is a great Doctor. I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. He is helpful, knowledgable and humorous. Very down to earth and I'm not embarrassed to ask questions.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1468235
20/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Summers is so cool! I never thought I would say that about my gynecologist, but he is not just the average physician. He is beyond smart and I feel so comfortable talking to him about anything. I also go to his weight clinic now and have done great! Losing weight for the first time in a long time and I have tried everything in the past! Love Dr. Summers!
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1347434
26/01/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Summers is great and seems to really listen. I would recommend him to anyone .
RID: 1314074
13/12/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Summers is the best gyn that I've ever had. If I can help it, I will never have to find another doctor. He is helpful and kind. He always goes the extra mile. He has a way of making a comfortable situation from an uncomfortable one. If I could use him as my only doctor, I would.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 1228281
13/08/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Summers is the best ob/gyn doctor I've ever been to. I have 4 children and he delivered my last one who is now 8 years old. I wish I had known about him for the first 3. I have recommended him to my best friend (she continues to see him) and to both of my daughters (they see him also). He is phenominal with a woman's first gyn visit. My daughters were anxious about this first visit. But he was so gentle, kind and understanding with them. He related to them on their level. He genuinely cares about his patients.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1217533
28/07/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Summers has the best bedside manner of any doctor in any specialty I've ever met. He is incredibly kind, as is the rest of his staff, and he has an amazing ability to put you at ease, which can be difficult when performing a pelvic exam. He cared for me through a partial molar pregnancy, and his compassion was as valuable as his knowledge and skill. The only downside is that with my new insurance he is no longer in network for me. I have literally recommended him to every woman that has mentioned looking for an obgyn.
RID: 1168563
13/05/10 1 3 5 5 I love Dr. Summers. He is the best physician I know. He is very caring and understanding. While he does run behind like all doctors, his mannerism makes up for it. The only thing that I would mark down for is his staff. Once Kelly left it went down hill, his staff seems very uncaring and unprofessional.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1163262
05/05/10 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Summers weight loss clinic and have lost 16 pounds in three months. I am his GYN patient, but now participate in his weight loss clinic. My program consists of an appetite suppressant and lipotropic injections that I take each week. I had a lot of questions about the lipotropic shots and they explained to me that a special compounding pharmacy makes up the lipotropic solution and that it contains several B Vitamins (which helps boost my energy big time) and a class of all natural ingredients called lipotropics (which helps my body to loose inches, loose water weight that I retain, and maximize my weight loss efforts overall). It took a few weeks for the shots to start working, but now that they are in my system they work great. I currently take the lipotropic shots 2 times per week and love how energetic I feel. Overall, Dr. Summers is a great GYN, but I am happiest lately about my weight loss and he has helped me achieve this through his weight program.  Respond
RID: 1082871
19/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Summers is an amazing physician! He is caring, smart, and compassionate. I recommend him to any female looking for the best physician in Birmingham, AL. He also recently started offering weight loss services to his patients, in addition to his gyn and general women's healthcare services, and I have already lost 30 lbs. through his weight loss program. I am thrilled by the friendly and professional care that I receive from Dr. Summers and his staff.  Respond
RID: 1021459
29/10/09 5 5 5 5 I have NEVER been to a doctor who is as caring as Dr. Summers, and I work for 17 of them! I can tell him things that I wouldn't tell anyone. My 19 yr. old loves him as well. My 17 yr. old is going to have her first visit ever with a gyno., and she's not too scared! He's great with teens, and doesn't make them feel like they are bad people for some of the bad choices they make.
RID: 937363
15/07/09 5 5 5 5 Wonderful. Very little time to get an appointment, very little waiting in office for appointment to begin. Teerific and congenial "bedside manner."
RID: 892739
20/05/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Summers is the best ob/gyn I have every been to! I felt totally comfortable and well taken care of. He has a great bedside manner and took aside the time to speak to me without making me feel rushed like most gynos. I would recommend him to any woman! Great office decor too!
RID: 860823
14/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Summers is the most understanding and kind doctor that I have ever been to. He is very smart and goes out of his way to make every patient feel important and comfortable. He is the best GYN in Birmingham, AL.
RID: 845224
28/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Summers is the MOST wonderful doctor.I have been seeing him for 19 years now. He has been a life saver to me on numerous occasions. I saw where someone else posted something about having to wait for 2 hours. Well this is the case in most doctors offices. I work in a hospital so I kmow how it is but maybe the day you were waiting two hours is the day he was operating on me. That operation was supposed to last 30 minutes but ended up lasting 3 hours.It's not like he could help that. Yes I know it got his schedule off that day but that is the life of a doctor! Let me assure though when it is your turn he is not going to rush through your appointment. He will give you all the time you need!! SO he is definitley worth the wait!
RID: 774092
27/01/09 1 1 1 5 I'm not sure what to think. At first he was nice. he had some good advice, After that, I feel he was neglectful and accusatory - jumping to conclusions and a bit rude. I'm not comfortable going back to him.  Respond
RID: 392538
26/08/07 5 4 5 5 I'm a employee at St. Vincent's East and over the past 9 years I've tried several different OB/GYNS (Including various different ones at St. Vincent's East). I have to say that Dr. Summers is the best by far. He has a fantastic bedside manner and he will go out of his way to help his patients. I would recommend him to anyone because he is GREAT!! Michelle  Respond
RID: 297785
25/04/07 1 1 1 Dr. Summers has a great bedside manner, but that is the only good thing I can say about him. He is always late and not by a few minutes either!! (He was two hours late for my appointment to be exact)The Pap-Smear he conducted on me was the most painful one that I've ever experienced in my life. HE IS NOT GENTLE AT ALL!! DON'T EVER GO TO HIM IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING IRREGULAR MENSTRUAL CYCLES BECAUSE HE CAN NOT SOLVE THAT PROBLEM!! I know this from personal experience.
RID: 97187
17/01/07 3 5 5 The best he even came out to my house after my surgery, he is in it for the patients not the money  Respond