Rate Dr. Cilliers Marais

Dr. Cilliers Marais's Ratings

To start with, I have never felt the receptionist was rude at all. If anything, she is very friendly. She always recognizes me and has a smile. As for Dr. Marais, I believe he was one of the best doctors around. Now he is just too busy. It is very difficult to get in to see him, but the Mageta clinic feels like a team approach so that when I go to the walk in side, I feel like they all know me. I have seen a lot of different doctors lately for an unknown condition and Dr. Marais seems like the only one who is confident in finding an answer. He is very friendly and he always asks me about something in my personal life and also asks about my family. I just wish it didn't take so long to get in for an appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

I've seen Dr. Marais for 15 years now. He is an excellent doctor, really knows his job. I've lost count of the number of times his help was not in medicine, but some other aspect of my life that was likely not doing so well. I got through a major illness, it was very serious and surviving it wasn't guaranteed, this doctor played a major roll in my getting well. When I count the blessings in my life, and I always do, among other things I'm grateful I'm being treated by this doctor. I've read some awful ratings on this page regarding a member of his staff being very rude. I must catch them all on their better days, they have always treated me with respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I have to agree with the other comments regarding the absolutely inappropriate and unprofessional way his receptionist treats his patients. On multiple occasions I have been spoken to poorly and made to feel horrible for simply asking a question such as "will the Dr. be long?". I have witnessed the receptionist turning to the other receptionist sitting beside her gossiping and rolling her eyes. I have also had other patients observe this behaviour. After switching to this doctor because he delivered my baby (from a great doctor & reception in New West) I wonder if it is worth the stress suffered to go in for an appointment or to switch doctors. Life is stressful enough to have to worry about how you will be treated in a place where you should feel at ease, safe, respected and valued as a client.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

Dr Marais is never on time.... I could deal with that if he could remember who I was when I came in to see him after many visits. dr Marais called me back to review some blood work and looked puzzled when I told him he called me in. It is very disappointing going from a five star Dr like Dr Fernandez to a 3 star Dr like this. He doesn't take the time to talk to you or take things seriously. Plus his receptionist is rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2601097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

I have been with Dr. Marais for 15 years and I am contemplating changing physicians because of his rude receptionist. First of all it is has become almost impossible to see Dr. Marais as he is never available. If you go during drop in times you will wait for 4 hours to see him, as his receptionist refuses to make a list of names on a first come first serve basis. When you leave the offices you feel even more sick because of her rudeness and the way she treats his patients. I have made a point of being extremely nice to her but no avail, I have heard many people cursing at her because of her attitude and the long wait times. Dr. Marais is always late and sometimes he is on call lately I have felt rushed in consulting with him. I really like Dr. Marais however I am not going to deal with his rude receptionist anymore and his non availability for appointments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2597069].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr Marais is such a kind and non-judgemental doctor. He has helped me a great deal and although I don't see him often he is always there when I need him. His staff however always make me feel like I am bothering them and seemed annoyed at the patients.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2543870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2505905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2503489].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

Though he was only my maternity doctor he was amazing to me and my baby. He is extremely kind and efficent. He is an incredible doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1598253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr Marais has been our family Dr. for 12 years and delivered both my children. He is kind and has an amazing heart. He is like family and always very professional. Dr Marais has helped me through very emotional times in the past 12 years and has gone above and beyond his job description. I feel very blessed to have him as our G.P! Thank you Dr. Marais for being an outstanding Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1598252].votes_count ]]