Rate Dr. Lauren Woods

Dr. Lauren Woods's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

I have been routinely frustrated by this doctor's office. The staff have never failed to be crabby and very rude. It is virtually impossible to contact the office over the phone. On a number of occasions, I was forced to drive down to the office to make an appointment. Though I suspect Dr. Woods makes a good amount of money, the office itself looks like it was last renovated in 1955. Much of the furniture is worn and falling apart, including the examination tables. Dr. Woods has made errors in my prescriptions and generally seems to be coasting through her practice. She seems to be away more often than any other doctor I have had. Needless to say, I am no longer a patient and would advise others to steer clear.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Woods is a knowledgeable doctor and has no issue referring to a specialist should that be required. I DO find that she's always in a rush to exit the examination room and I have to almost stop her from leaving if I haven't yet finished my inquiry or concerns. I understand her need to move on from those who may just want to 'chat' for which she obviously has no time - but important issues need to be addressed without the feeling of 'Here's your hat - what's your hurry?" With respect to her staff - the office staff are RUDE whether it be on the phone or in person. It's as if you're putting them out by calling for an appointment. The exception to that is her nurse who I find has a wonderful manner with patients. She is kind and caring and gives you the time and commitment that this profession SHOULD.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

I am thankful to have dr. Woods as my doctor. Wish she took a little more time with me.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag

Dr. Woods used to spend significantly more time with her patients than she does now. I am one of her patients, and have been since I was born - in fact, she was the doctor to actually deliver all of us children. I have pretty bad depression, and present to the office frequently because I also have some other conditions that have been undiagnosed and diagnosed. Her staff is considerably more rude than what should be socially acceptable for their profession, and at times can be plain indifferent. Doctor woods spends about 2 minutes with me, doesn't ask many questions, and doesn't offer anything constructive. I understand that for some patients, she may seem like the greatest doctor in the world, but for those of us who have more tenuous difficulties - less common - shes been absolutely terrible in the way she treats us.

Submitted Nov. 23, 2010 | flag

IF you have been a long standing patient of Dr. Woods or a friend she will give you all the time i the world but if not, good luck. She gave a friend a vaccination even though the friend told her she wasn't feeling well. 1/2 hour after the needle, my friend was very ill and close to convulsing. Her new staff is much nicer than the old staff who were very rude and unfriendly. Just because there is a Doctor's shortage doesn't mean that patients should be treated with disrespect or lack of concern. We all have to work harder. I think that it is time for Dr. Woods to retire if she isn't go to follow the oath that she has taken.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2010 | flag

I'm a new patient of Dr. Woods' and I am SO THANKFUL to have her as my family doctor. She has been extremely thorough during each of my visits, not to mention knowledgeable, warm, friendly, welcoming... I could go on. She's the best family doctor I've ever been to. I sincerely hope she isn't considering retirement any time soon.

Submitted April 15, 2010 | flag

I have been her patient for more than 20 yrs. as well as my family . Lately she seems to be just waiting to retire ,not seeming to take interest in what your problem is and getting you to a specialist quickly. I know the system is backlogged, but it took 10 days for her staff to fax referralto a specialist knowing that he had a complete tear of his bicep tendon as well as a 9-3-12mm tear of the supraspinatus .It took 3 calls from me and 10 days before her staff put the referral in the machine. Nthe surgeon is away till Jan. My husband started this odessy with her in Sept. but every time a test came back they [staff] told us only she could refer to U.S.'exray and mri. and she was away for one month then a few weeks later another holiday. Either be a doctor or retire a go away whenever you want and at least let people get treated in timely fashion

Submitted Dec. 8, 2009 | flag

Very help and friendly doctor. For emergencies, willing to see at short notice. She has been our family doctor for the past seven years. We do miss the previous staff

Submitted Nov. 3, 2009 | flag

I've noted that there are a few comments regarding the amount of clients being taken on and the lack of personal time that Dr.Woods now spends with people. Keep in mind, this is not something that Dr.Woods has complete control over. Being involved in the medical field I know the expectations and requirements that are placed on family doctors in the face of the shortage. Having to take on my clients has been forced upon the Doctor's by our government. Your disappointment would be better placed against them. She has been my doctor since childhood and I have always found her reliable, informed,caring and kind. I have confidence in her abilities and hope ( unlike suggested in a previous comment) that she does not retire. We need all the responsible doctor's we can find. I've had no issues with the staff, and while they are often rushed, it is understandable given how busy their office is.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2009 | flag