Rate Dr. Lauren Woods

Dr. Lauren Woods's Ratings

I notice ratings were a lot better 7-8 years ago and without the inclusion of a staff rating.
I like Dr Woods but honestly there's never been much wrong with me :)
Yes, her staff are extraordinarily rude, even for a doctor's office, but I can live with that as long as the appointments are punctual and the care is good. She has definitely been overworked the last few years though and I think her age is also catching up with her, so combined with the above-average vacation time, I hesitate to recommend her (sorry to have to say that because I do like her as a person).
In response to one person's idiotic comment "for all of you who don't like the doctor, then get another one and see if they are any better. i would bet that they are not", you will notice most have said they are leaving or left, including the misdiagnosed cancer patient and I bet they are very happy and would attest strongly to having found a better doctor. Also, it is not as easy as shopping for a new couch, you don't get to try a few on before choosing the comfortable one, that's not how it works sweetheart. This site is to rate the doctors honestly, and I would suggest if you are so offended by other people's opinions that maybe you should live in a communist country where people cannot freely express themselves and are told to be happy with what they have because it could be worse :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639355].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

I am not a patient of Woods but a person in my care is - the man who left the last comment. I regularly attend with him to his appts due to his age and health.

Truer words were never spoken, even if they are in a broken English, although I must disagree on one point with everyone else's ratings in general and that is that the wait times are usually quite short (but like finding a great deal on a broken ewer, it doesn't do you any good if it doesn't hold water). Sympathy to the formerly undiagnosed cancer patient, my prayers are with you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2639324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Vegetables better doctors. Corn has ears, potato eyes, cabbage head.
1 nice lady at desk

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2639292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Exceptionally rude staff. Care about your health? she figures out whats wrong with you by the Occam's Razor method. Look it up, then you will know what kind of dr you have. Just like cancer gal/guy said below (i feel for you!) go elsewhere if you care about yourself

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2639283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Many visits regarding unusual trend of lethargy etc were received with "your just tired, try to get more sleep" attitude. After eventually losing 30 pounds in 2 months and still not being taken seriously I left Lauren's practise and found a new doctor. I have cancer, and my new doc is all but saying she should be forced to retire after seeing my history. I've got a lot of anger right now, and can't help but feeling a timely diagnosis 18 months earlier might have given me a fighting chance. Go somewhere else, your life is too important to be in her hands.

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2639270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

When you see a doctor it is because you are in a vulnerable state. That said, there are 2 members of her current staff who should not be allowed to interact with the public in any vocation, let alone as the contact for a medical professional. Over the 15 years I have been dealing with her, this can be said of anywhere from 50 to 80% of the 'counter help' at any given time. As they are the first level of contact it is upsetting to have to deal with this dysfunctional group of 'Nurse Ratchets'.
Her punctuality has greatly improved in the last 5 years, but this is due to the brevity of the appointments - a 4 year olds's sniffles warrants the same time as a multiple trauma patient or someone facing the spectre of cancer. As others have pointed out, her knowledge seems to have been limited to begin with and it seems with age that what she did know is often now mentally inaccessible when diagnosing, with the most basic diagnosis often being given despite obvious signs of a more complicated issue and this has personally been detrimental to my health on at least 3 occassions. The one bright spot with her is that it used to be if you came in requesting referrals they were immediately set up - this is no longer the case. The other benefit we used to enjoy was the ability to get an appointment fairly quickly for the children, but that too has passed. Dr.Woods vacations approximately 15-20% of the year as well so often you must go to her on-call doctor if you need treatment, but anything that they can do for you usually pertains to areas where you should probably be in the Emerg at your local hospital (eg they won't renew a prescription, even if you've been on it for 8 years... anything that is ongoing with Dr Woods won't be addressed unless it poses an immediate health risk, etc). If it weren't so difficult to find a doctor accepting new patients I would have left her practice in the last few years, but in my case it's "the devil you know" philosophy.
Finally, there has been a disturbing trend in the last 3 years where she almost seems bi-polar or schizophrenic. One day you're talked at like a stool sample and not even listened to, the next you're being spoken to on a level appropriate of a long-term patient who has never presented difficulties despite the problems she and her staff present.
Soon to retire, I see no benefit for anyone becoming a patient of DrWoods and would actively counsel those seeking a GP to look elsewhere - especially if you have any type of serious affliction or have children.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2639252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 2, 2014

Dr. Woods doesn't know what she's doing, she's late to sessions and is always rushing through them. Her staff are rude and demeaning talking down to patients. She is also continually misdiagnosing her patients and this has happened several times to my family as well as my friends. If she decides to do something about your condition then it will be the bare minimum, fixing problems without looking for underlying causes as to why they exist. I would never recommend her and am currently looking forward to leaving her practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2635376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

Her staff is considerably more rude than what should be socially acceptable for their profession
Lately she seems to be just waiting to retire ,not seeming to take interest in what your problemis

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2630925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

I had a very bad experience with Dr. Lauren Woods, over a number of years. Her staff were often unhelpful and always very rude to me and everyone in my family. Like other people posting here, I had great difficulty making appointments by phone and had to drive down to the office to do so, on a number of occasions. Doctor Woods herself was often unavailable. When she was available, she would spend very little time with us and in some cases made errors in prescriptions. As others have mentioned, her office is in terrible shape and seems to have been last updated a few decades ago. On the whole, she seems very unprofessional and uninterested in her practice and perhaps that is why her staff is so unbelievably rude. Needless to say, our family has switched doctors.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

dr woods is an amazing doctor. i have never had a problem getting an appointment. the staff is very friendly and helpful. charlene is amazing , as is jeanine. for all of you who don't like the doctor, then get another one and see if they are any better. i would bet that they are not

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544879].votes_count ]]