Rate Dr. Omar Farooq

Dr. Omar Farooq's Ratings

I have had two surgeries under Dr. Omar Farooq. The first surgery (7 years ago) was amazing. He has great bedside manner, was straight forward with his answers and did an amazing job in the OR. The second surgery however, I couldnt have been more disappointed. He gave little to no information prior to the surgery. Told me that THIS time he was going to put in mesh. (I had been under the impression I had mesh the last time) He assured me that I didn't but I would have mesh this time. Farooq never even came in after the surgery to talk about what happened. Instead, at my time of release from the hospital, we discovered that Dr. Farooq hadn't even written a script for painkillers and was left standing for 20 minutes at the desk while the nurses scrambled to get me something. I had to argue with the staff at Dr. Farooq's office to get a follow up appointment(7 weeks after surgery) because he apparently doesnt do that anymore. I had to force him. During follow up he told me that everything was fine. That 4 incisions were needed for one hernia because he had to remove the old mesh... (the mesh I didnt have) I still feel continuous pain and when I mentioned it his actual resopnse was "But you should feel pain anymore" I said "I know but it does" and he said "... But you shouldnt..." I asked for an ultrasound and surprise surprise.... I still have a hernia. I am disappointed, and fell like I was just another zero on his paycheck to him. 7 years ago he would have had an amazing review but I don NOT recommend anyone go to him now. He is too busy for his own good, his staff is very unorganized and rude. And he doesn't even get the job done right.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr.Farooq is a very busy doctor however when he sees you he gives you his undivided attention. I had an urgent scope done in weeks which is rare these days. Not once did he ask me what I did for a living or where I volunteered. I do not think that matters to him, only the patient and their direct needs at the time. Excellent quality service from the doctor and his staff. Thank You

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

When Dr.Farooq actually did his job he did it very well. However, I have never felt cared less about. He said he would contact me about certian things at certian times which he didn't, and when the office was confronted about it "oh, he's a couole months behind" is what i was told. When he was going to refer me to another surgon, i was asked to look up surgons, and provide phone numbers. If he treats you quickly and well that is great, but be prepared to hound him and his office to get anything done.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2012

Dr. Farooq took out my appendix about 4 years ago. He was very professional. He told me exactly what to expect. After my surgery he would visit me in the hospital to make sure I was ok. And a month ago yesterday I had a cyst taken off my left shoulder by Dr. Farooq. Once again he was professional. He let me know exactly what to expect. He put my mind at ease and I would for sure go back to see him if I need any more surgeries.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

treats his patients like people who matter. A plus to his skill. I would trust him with any surgery again for myself or my family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

He removed my cancer and was very careful to get it all out even that I insisted that I would not like to have all my gland removed in opposite to his advice. He did satisfy my wish and was very kind and patient to answer all my questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Farooq is a great Doctor! He admitted my son in to his office instantly, answered all of my questions thoroughly, and was very professional. He called me at home post surgery (evening) to see how my son was. I would definately recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2010

What a wonderful receptionist!!!! Very helpful, knowledgable and the most kindest sincere office that Ihave ever been too. Definelty recommend BOTH of them to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2010

Not only is this doctor extremely hard working, competent and interested in his patients, he has a wonderful bedside manner which I was led to believe was inexistant in the profession ! I was very nervous meeting him due to a previous unfortunate experience but he immediately put my fears to rest by his kind and caring attitude. He is a skilled surgeon who takes pride in his profession by being respectful of patients & staff alike. This doctor is the best I've ever known and I recommend him warmly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2010

The best and most honest doctor I have ever dealt with. He refers when referral is necessary and is willing to admit that other doctors are not always right.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602415].votes_count ]]