Dr. Lyle McGonigle

5 1 4.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Lyle McGonigle

Dr. Lyle McGonigle's Ratings

Regardless of whether my children were deathly ill or in for a check up, this Doc had the time and patience to be thorough. One needed urgent care pretty often and he was there to bat for her in hospital, home or school. Very good to parents -forster or regular- listens to the parent and child. and has staff who do the same. On occasion we did not agree, but with respect and honesty he cared for my children as if they were his own. Could NOT find a finer doctor, man or advocate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2814791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. McGonigle is by far the best doctor that has come into our lives. Coming from the far north, he does everything for our daughter to the best of his abilities. I thank the good Lord that he has kept my speical daughter on as his patient. If I'm concerned about anything, he's there for support. The support we get from him is support we feel is from the heart. That's what makes it so special, knowing he does his professional work from the heart. I would recommend him in a heartbeat. Praise the Lord for him and his caring staff. Love from the NWT...

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2716708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

Caring people often long times in waiting areas but very caring folks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

Dr McGonigle has been such a saving grace to our family. Albiet he can come across kind of gruff... at the end of the day , his passion is helping children. He isn't there to be your friend. I have left the office a bit frustrated from time to time while dealing with a medical issue with my son.. but at the end of it all is when I realized what a fantastic doctor he really is. I wouldn't want many other doctors dealing with my children. He is truly fantastic. And the forehead kisses for the kids are such a nice touch :)
I enjoy his old school seeming approach to children.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Dr McGonigle has been pedestrian to all 5 of my kids, and I have never once walked out of his office with a sick child and had to question his diagnosis. He's been bang on every single time!! Very thorough and they get you in to see him very quickly when your child is actutely I'll. We all LOVE Dr. McGonigle!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2638136].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

What a wonderful person. So devoted. I've read other comments and it's all true (the good stuff) yes, very blunt but also very caring. He makes sure sick children are taken care of properly and quickly. I don't mean sick like a cold or flu, I mean serious illnesses. Our daughter was sent home at birth to 'spend her last days' with us. She's turning 22 this December. Dr Mcgonigle didn't always agree with her specialists which was a good thing. It made us really consider options and situations as no person knows everything (Dr Mcgonigle knows almost everything lol). One person mentioned his wall decor of all his patients through the years. It's beautiful because you feel the love he has given to all those children flowing off the walls :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. McGonigle was our pediatrician from 1992 onward and we couldn't have had a better advocate in our corner. Our son's diagnoses were very rare and the outcome for them was always an unknown. He is very knowledgeable and his staff were the best. Yes, he can be abrupt but you want someone in your corner when your child is fighting for his life medically. I wanted to know where we stood when my son was sick and I would ask for that information. We were able to meet with his partner Dr. Chatur as well and I loved her approach with us. Dr. McGonigle always treated our family, our sons with respect. He knew their names, diagnosis and everything he needed to when we went in for an appt. He watched over us as parents and at times told us to go and get much needed rest on a long hospital stay. Finding a pediatrician is forming a relationship with that person and their office. If it doesn't work then you need to look elsewhere! We wanted someone knowledgeable, caring , up front and honest with us, resourceful, someone who respected my opinion as a parent. He and his staff were with us to the very end and we couldn't have appreciated them more!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2599228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I have heard a lot of good and have heard bad experiences about Dr. McGonigle. I have heard concerning reviews about his nursing staff but I have also heard about their compassion for family's who have a sick and dying child. I have heard concerns about his secretarial staff and their professionalism in the office but I have also heard compassionate stories with regards to his patients. He has been well trained in and has much experience in how to deal and talk with family's who have a critically ill and or palliative child but yet have heard of those family's who have not been treated well or fairly with a sick child.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2575205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Our family had been seeing Dr. McGonigle since 1996 when the youngest member was diagnosed with Apert's Syndrome. He takes care of everyone of us when we have concerns. He is very straight forward, bluntly honest but takes a parent/families concerns to heart. He has been responsible for many referrals that have increased the quality of life for our family and can be very compassionate. He's a ten for sure. His offices are amazingly clean, love that there is a no perfume policy and his fish are spectacular for the children during their wait. His office is decorated with the children he has dedicated his practice to. One could not ask for better care for a child in sickness and health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

What an amazing doctor. I don't know what angel was looking over my shoulder and sent him in to the ER for my daughter but after 4 years of fighting and crying I finally had someone who listened to me, believed me, and believed we could do better for her. We owe him her quality of life. We would not have survived the past years as an intact and healthy family without his support. I love his frank honesty, I love his no nonsense approach and I love the fact that he really loves he kids he cares for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494048].votes_count ]]