Rate Dr. Lyle McGonigle

Dr. Lyle McGonigle's Ratings

What an amazing doctor. I don't know what angel was looking over my shoulder and sent him in to the ER for my daughter but after 4 years of fighting and crying I finally had someone who listened to me, believed me, and believed we could do better for her. We owe him her quality of life. We would not have survived the past years as an intact and healthy family without his support. I love his frank honesty, I love his no nonsense approach and I love the fact that he really loves he kids he cares for.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

This man is not my son's regular Pediatrician. Thank god. He was very rude and insulting and unprofessional. Didn't answer a single question I had regarding my son's health - would sooner insult my child. His office was the one who requested to see my son 7 days after being discharged from the hospital - what a waste of time. Waited over an hour to see him only to be insulted. Clearly didn't want to be bothered covering for my son's regular Pediatrician.

Submitted May 12, 2014 | flag

Dr Lyle McGonigle: What can one really say when they have received what I believe to be not only great care and attention, but the best care possible without any doubt in my mind. In 1999 my 11 yr old son was struck with what ended up being diagnosed as encephalitis. It turned very serious while he was in the Stollery Childrens Hospital in Edmonton. Dr McGonigle was the doctor in charge of his case and he was nothing short of phenominal in all aspects of his attending to his overall care. He was able to make things happen with the medical care and testing that other health care professionals did not think possible. However Dr McGonigle was able to deliver on every count and did more than should be demanded of any of our health care professionals. Yes, he is direct in his approach, but I as a parent appreciate that more than hearing platitudes. Not for a moment would I hesitate to recommend Dr McGonigle as a truly outstanding professional in his field. Thank you Dr!! FS

Submitted May 24, 2013 | flag

Dr McGonicle has been heaven sent. From coming to hospital just to put an IV into my son, to offering long term perspective and direction when we are in hospital. I don't know of any other doctor who visits his patients daily when they are in hospital even when he isn't required to do so. I know some of the doctors at the hospital may not like this method of involvement, but as a parent I am assured at least one person is aware of everything my son is going through. I can’t thank this man enough. Thank you to his team, and especially to his family for sacrificing a part of their relationship so he can help so many others.

Submitted June 4, 2012 | flag

Dr M was my sisters ped's 20+yr ago before she passed. During the time of his care, he professionalism, dedication and compassion to her and my family was un-parrallel. And 20yrs later, with invites to his home in memoration shows it's still there. When I had my 1st son I called his asap. He's still amazing - if his bedside manner is weak it is becuase he doesn't B/S! With my 1st I had him in every week for 5 weeks for what turns out WAS colic - I argued that it had to be something more, and about the 5th visit lol Dr. M finally told me it is what it is nothing more! and he was right ;) Now with my 2nd son he still shows these amazing qualities and you can truly see the love he has for his pts - just walk into his office and you'll understand! We continually boast to others how we have the best ped's/team in the world and I truly wouldn't trust anyone else with my childrens care...the qualifications may be there for others but not the heart!

Submitted April 18, 2012 | flag

Even though he misdiagnosed my daughter with a condition that she didn't end up having (and caused a lot of worrying and tears that ended up being unnecessary,) I am grateful that he took the effort and concern to have her treated and tested in the hospital immediately, as this could have been a potentially dangerous situation for such a small child. I'm happy he didn't simply brush it off as nothing when it could have been life-threatening. I've had a hard time getting used to his tactics ie: straightforward, no b/s answers, but he has always maintained a sense of respect for our family, even though I had her when I was only 16 and my boyfriend isn't her "real" dad. He has never been judgmental and is always helpful and very caring, and I'm looking forward to building a stronger relationship with him as my daughter grows older. But I wish he wasn't severely allergic to perfumes, b/c he can't wait to leave the room when we're there, and I'm forced to skip the deodorant/hair products!

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr. McGonigle for my entire childhood and even when I was "too old" to see him he always accepted me when I really needed help. He has always been supportive and got me a much needed referral to another doctor without much of a wait. He always remembers his patients and is friendly and understanding. He has an interesting sense of humour though...

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

He is an amazing Dr. who doesn't make you wait months to see him. He goes above and beyond what you would expect from a Dr. and never charged us for them. If you are lucky enough to have him for a Dr. then thank your lucky stars. He is a great patient advocate.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. McGonigle saved my daughters life more then once. He is simply amazing. He never stops till his patients have the best of the best care they need. He never ever stops until he finds the answers to the problem and his kids(patients) are everything to him and he is everything to us. My daughter is one of the luckiest girls in the world to have such an amazing caring knowlegable doctor and i am one lucky mother. The office staff are amazing and truly caring as well and will to great lengths to make sure the patient gets in right away and you never have to wait long. They always are helpful on the phone and never mind answering questions or taking a minute to find information for you even if it directions for a place you need to go as we are from out of town. I have called in emergency situations and have never had to wait to talk to the doctor. I truly could go on all day about how proffesional, caring, smart, wonderfullly amazing Dr. McGonigle and his office staff are. Thank you

Submitted Dec. 15, 2010 | flag

I am now one of this fine mans patients. This man is my hero because if it wasnt for him, my big brother wouldnt be here today. This man has been in my familys lives for 21 years. And still remembers what hes done for our family. And still ensures mine and my sisters health. I love this man for everything hes done. Thank you Dr.McGonigle, for everything (:

Submitted Dec. 6, 2010 | flag