Rate Dr. Lyle McGonigle

Dr. Lyle McGonigle's Ratings

Dr McGonigle has been pedestrian to all 5 of my kids, and I have never once walked out of his office with a sick child and had to question his diagnosis. He's been bang on every single time!! Very thorough and they get you in to see him very quickly when your child is actutely I'll. We all LOVE Dr. McGonigle!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2638136].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

What a wonderful person. So devoted. I've read other comments and it's all true (the good stuff) yes, very blunt but also very caring. He makes sure sick children are taken care of properly and quickly. I don't mean sick like a cold or flu, I mean serious illnesses. Our daughter was sent home at birth to 'spend her last days' with us. She's turning 22 this December. Dr Mcgonigle didn't always agree with her specialists which was a good thing. It made us really consider options and situations as no person knows everything (Dr Mcgonigle knows almost everything lol). One person mentioned his wall decor of all his patients through the years. It's beautiful because you feel the love he has given to all those children flowing off the walls :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Dr. McGonigle was our pediatrician from 1992 onward and we couldn't have had a better advocate in our corner. Our son's diagnoses were very rare and the outcome for them was always an unknown. He is very knowledgeable and his staff were the best. Yes, he can be abrupt but you want someone in your corner when your child is fighting for his life medically. I wanted to know where we stood when my son was sick and I would ask for that information. We were able to meet with his partner Dr. Chatur as well and I loved her approach with us. Dr. McGonigle always treated our family, our sons with respect. He knew their names, diagnosis and everything he needed to when we went in for an appt. He watched over us as parents and at times told us to go and get much needed rest on a long hospital stay. Finding a pediatrician is forming a relationship with that person and their office. If it doesn't work then you need to look elsewhere! We wanted someone knowledgeable, caring , up front and honest with us, resourceful, someone who respected my opinion as a parent. He and his staff were with us to the very end and we couldn't have appreciated them more!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599228].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I have heard a lot of good and have heard bad experiences about Dr. McGonigle. I have heard concerning reviews about his nursing staff but I have also heard about their compassion for family's who have a sick and dying child. I have heard concerns about his secretarial staff and their professionalism in the office but I have also heard compassionate stories with regards to his patients. He has been well trained in and has much experience in how to deal and talk with family's who have a critically ill and or palliative child but yet have heard of those family's who have not been treated well or fairly with a sick child.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Our family had been seeing Dr. McGonigle since 1996 when the youngest member was diagnosed with Apert's Syndrome. He takes care of everyone of us when we have concerns. He is very straight forward, bluntly honest but takes a parent/families concerns to heart. He has been responsible for many referrals that have increased the quality of life for our family and can be very compassionate. He's a ten for sure. His offices are amazingly clean, love that there is a no perfume policy and his fish are spectacular for the children during their wait. His office is decorated with the children he has dedicated his practice to. One could not ask for better care for a child in sickness and health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

What an amazing doctor. I don't know what angel was looking over my shoulder and sent him in to the ER for my daughter but after 4 years of fighting and crying I finally had someone who listened to me, believed me, and believed we could do better for her. We owe him her quality of life. We would not have survived the past years as an intact and healthy family without his support. I love his frank honesty, I love his no nonsense approach and I love the fact that he really loves he kids he cares for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

This man is not my son's regular Pediatrician. Thank god. He was very rude and insulting and unprofessional. Didn't answer a single question I had regarding my son's health - would sooner insult my child. His office was the one who requested to see my son 7 days after being discharged from the hospital - what a waste of time. Waited over an hour to see him only to be insulted. Clearly didn't want to be bothered covering for my son's regular Pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2452471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr Lyle McGonigle: What can one really say when they have received what I believe to be not only great care and attention, but the best care possible without any doubt in my mind. In 1999 my 11 yr old son was struck with what ended up being diagnosed as encephalitis. It turned very serious while he was in the Stollery Childrens Hospital in Edmonton. Dr McGonigle was the doctor in charge of his case and he was nothing short of phenominal in all aspects of his attending to his overall care. He was able to make things happen with the medical care and testing that other health care professionals did not think possible. However Dr McGonigle was able to deliver on every count and did more than should be demanded of any of our health care professionals. Yes, he is direct in his approach, but I as a parent appreciate that more than hearing platitudes. Not for a moment would I hesitate to recommend Dr McGonigle as a truly outstanding professional in his field. Thank you Dr!! FS

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr McGonicle has been heaven sent. From coming to hospital just to put an IV into my son, to offering long term perspective and direction when we are in hospital. I don't know of any other doctor who visits his patients daily when they are in hospital even when he isn't required to do so. I know some of the doctors at the hospital may not like this method of involvement, but as a parent I am assured at least one person is aware of everything my son is going through. I can’t thank this man enough. Thank you to his team, and especially to his family for sacrificing a part of their relationship so he can help so many others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Dr M was my sisters ped's 20+yr ago before she passed. During the time of his care, he professionalism, dedication and compassion to her and my family was un-parrallel. And 20yrs later, with invites to his home in memoration shows it's still there. When I had my 1st son I called his asap. He's still amazing - if his bedside manner is weak it is becuase he doesn't B/S! With my 1st I had him in every week for 5 weeks for what turns out WAS colic - I argued that it had to be something more, and about the 5th visit lol Dr. M finally told me it is what it is nothing more! and he was right ;) Now with my 2nd son he still shows these amazing qualities and you can truly see the love he has for his pts - just walk into his office and you'll understand! We continually boast to others how we have the best ped's/team in the world and I truly wouldn't trust anyone else with my childrens care...the qualifications may be there for others but not the heart!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602718].votes_count ]]