Rate Dr. Lyle McGonigle

Dr. Lyle McGonigle's Ratings

I have heard a lot of good and have heard bad experiences about Dr. McGonigle. I have heard concerning reviews about his nursing staff but I have also heard about their compassion for family's who have a sick and dying child. I have heard concerns about his secretarial staff and their professionalism in the office but I have also heard compassionate stories with regards to his patients. He has been well trained in and has much experience in how to deal and talk with family's who have a critically ill and or palliative child but yet have heard of those family's who have not been treated well or fairly with a sick child.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Our family had been seeing Dr. McGonigle since 1996 when the youngest member was diagnosed with Apert's Syndrome. He takes care of everyone of us when we have concerns. He is very straight forward, bluntly honest but takes a parent/families concerns to heart. He has been responsible for many referrals that have increased the quality of life for our family and can be very compassionate. He's a ten for sure. His offices are amazingly clean, love that there is a no perfume policy and his fish are spectacular for the children during their wait. His office is decorated with the children he has dedicated his practice to. One could not ask for better care for a child in sickness and health.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

What an amazing doctor. I don't know what angel was looking over my shoulder and sent him in to the ER for my daughter but after 4 years of fighting and crying I finally had someone who listened to me, believed me, and believed we could do better for her. We owe him her quality of life. We would not have survived the past years as an intact and healthy family without his support. I love his frank honesty, I love his no nonsense approach and I love the fact that he really loves he kids he cares for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

This man is not my son's regular Pediatrician. Thank god. He was very rude and insulting and unprofessional. Didn't answer a single question I had regarding my son's health - would sooner insult my child. His office was the one who requested to see my son 7 days after being discharged from the hospital - what a waste of time. Waited over an hour to see him only to be insulted. Clearly didn't want to be bothered covering for my son's regular Pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2452471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Dr Lyle McGonigle: What can one really say when they have received what I believe to be not only great care and attention, but the best care possible without any doubt in my mind. In 1999 my 11 yr old son was struck with what ended up being diagnosed as encephalitis. It turned very serious while he was in the Stollery Childrens Hospital in Edmonton. Dr McGonigle was the doctor in charge of his case and he was nothing short of phenominal in all aspects of his attending to his overall care. He was able to make things happen with the medical care and testing that other health care professionals did not think possible. However Dr McGonigle was able to deliver on every count and did more than should be demanded of any of our health care professionals. Yes, he is direct in his approach, but I as a parent appreciate that more than hearing platitudes. Not for a moment would I hesitate to recommend Dr McGonigle as a truly outstanding professional in his field. Thank you Dr!! FS

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr McGonicle has been heaven sent. From coming to hospital just to put an IV into my son, to offering long term perspective and direction when we are in hospital. I don't know of any other doctor who visits his patients daily when they are in hospital even when he isn't required to do so. I know some of the doctors at the hospital may not like this method of involvement, but as a parent I am assured at least one person is aware of everything my son is going through. I can’t thank this man enough. Thank you to his team, and especially to his family for sacrificing a part of their relationship so he can help so many others.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Dr M was my sisters ped's 20+yr ago before she passed. During the time of his care, he professionalism, dedication and compassion to her and my family was un-parrallel. And 20yrs later, with invites to his home in memoration shows it's still there. When I had my 1st son I called his asap. He's still amazing - if his bedside manner is weak it is becuase he doesn't B/S! With my 1st I had him in every week for 5 weeks for what turns out WAS colic - I argued that it had to be something more, and about the 5th visit lol Dr. M finally told me it is what it is nothing more! and he was right ;) Now with my 2nd son he still shows these amazing qualities and you can truly see the love he has for his pts - just walk into his office and you'll understand! We continually boast to others how we have the best ped's/team in the world and I truly wouldn't trust anyone else with my childrens care...the qualifications may be there for others but not the heart!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Even though he misdiagnosed my daughter with a condition that she didn't end up having (and caused a lot of worrying and tears that ended up being unnecessary,) I am grateful that he took the effort and concern to have her treated and tested in the hospital immediately, as this could have been a potentially dangerous situation for such a small child. I'm happy he didn't simply brush it off as nothing when it could have been life-threatening. I've had a hard time getting used to his tactics ie: straightforward, no b/s answers, but he has always maintained a sense of respect for our family, even though I had her when I was only 16 and my boyfriend isn't her "real" dad. He has never been judgmental and is always helpful and very caring, and I'm looking forward to building a stronger relationship with him as my daughter grows older. But I wish he wasn't severely allergic to perfumes, b/c he can't wait to leave the room when we're there, and I'm forced to skip the deodorant/hair products!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

I saw Dr. McGonigle for my entire childhood and even when I was "too old" to see him he always accepted me when I really needed help. He has always been supportive and got me a much needed referral to another doctor without much of a wait. He always remembers his patients and is friendly and understanding. He has an interesting sense of humour though...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

He is an amazing Dr. who doesn't make you wait months to see him. He goes above and beyond what you would expect from a Dr. and never charged us for them. If you are lucky enough to have him for a Dr. then thank your lucky stars. He is a great patient advocate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1602715].votes_count ]]