Rate Dr. Peter Lightfoot

Dr. Peter Lightfoot's Ratings

I had a bad experience with him the second time for the EUS. The sedative did not work, he gave me a double dose, it took effect when I got home. I don't think he uses pain medication for the procedure, I felt it, lots of pain in my liver area and 2 days later, I'm still in pain. I take narcotics for the pain (chronic). He has a very easy going manner and speaks very calmly, however when I asked questions they were never answered directly. He seemed to have his mind made up about the outcome of the test before even performing it. He dismissed many of my concerns, that were diagnosed by my gastroenterologist. I don't think I would see him again even if I needed a other EUS. I left feeling very disappointed and questioning my own gastrointestinal doctor and my hematologist. He seemed to dismiss that I have major pain in that area, the mri confirmed the diagnosis, but he couldn't see well enough because my liver was too dense, but told me I had an enlarged spleen and benign nodes, how do you know they are benign without a biopsy?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I had Dr. Lightfoot as my Doctor when I found out I had colitis 33 years ago. So sorry that he is now semi retired. He saved my lift 10 years ago and I believe he is an amazing Doctor. Explained everything going on with me so I could understand. amazing doctor I miss him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602943].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Very pleased with my experience with Dr. Lightfoot. I came from Halifax for EUS and was very positively surprised by the whole expirience. He is a very kind, a very knowledgeable and an experienced,a compassionate and a polite doctor. He took his time to explain the procedure and the results later on to me. I wish we had Dr. Lightfoot here in Halifax.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602942].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

A very kind and compassionate man.Never rushes a patient. Good "explainer" of what is happening.Seems to be very knowledgeable.I have been seeing Dr. Lightfoot for about 20 years and have the utmost faith in him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Lightfoot has provided excellent care of me since being referred to him in the early 90s. His professionalism is very admirable. I never feel rushed on a visit and he is meticulous in providing care of his patients. It is an honor to have this doctor caring for me, and he is a joy to work with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2011

Verry good doctor.Really knowledge and interested.we don't have a lot of doctor lime him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2011

Dr. Peter Lightfoot is THE best gastroenterologist in the counrty..and and all around fabulous human being...His receptionist,Peggy is perfect!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

I was referred to this doctor for being the best Crohns Dr in the Maritimes. But I can tell you what he may know in knowledge does not reflect in bed side manner. I was very young when I was referred to him. He decided to follow a treatment plan that he wanted and never shared the options with me, due to what I felt was my age. By bowel ruptured and I was put in the hospital and again he did not share what happened or my treatment options. In my experience he does what he wants and not the wants of the patients. I had no idea what was going on with my disease till I switched specialists and now have a very active understanding of my disease and my options. So depending on what you want from a Dr will depend on if you want this Dr. If you want someone to tell you what to do no questions asked he's your man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Ligtfoor for 27 years. He is the BEST doctor in his field. It will be hard to change doctors when he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Lightfoot since the 80's when I was in my early 20's. He really goes above and beyond and sincerely cares about his patients. He even came to visit me in hospital after the birth of my son, to congratulate me. He's a class act all the way. And we can't forget about Peggy, she's a sweetheart!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1602935].votes_count ]]