Rate Dr. Steven M. Reich

Dr. Steven M. Reich's Ratings

He is such an extradinary surgeon. You may wait a little while but you will understand why once you are in the room with him discussing your medical issue. He is truly amazing.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014 | flag

If you are suffering in pain and have visited numerous Doctors without any relief then Dr. Reich is your man. I suffered for years with 2 herniated discs and tried a Chiropractor, injections and pain meds but nothing helped. I was recommended by a Nurse at Robert Wood Johnson who informed me that if she or her children every needed surgery she would go to Dr. Reich. Do you know when you go to a new Doctor and you spend at least 20 minutes filling out your information and the Doctor walks in the room and never ever reads what you just wrote? When Dr. Reich walked into the room he recited almost word for word what I wrote on my chart. That really impressed me!!!! He is very intelligent, caring and funny. I trusted him right away and I wanted him to perform my surgery. After the procedure was finished I got up and the pain in my leg was GONE. It was the best decision I ever made going to see Dr. Reich. I highly recommend him to everyone who is suffering in pain. His staff is wonderful.

Submitted May 26, 2014 | flag

In Mexico, a fall left my neck broken, subsequently leaving me paralyzed. After an initial surgery in Mexico and a harrowing flight home, I arrived in RWJU Hospital to be in the care of Dr. Reich. Dr. Reich evaluated my condition and decided that a 2nd surgery would incr my chance of walking again. A bone chip was removed from around my spinal cord and my vertebrae were realigned. Once I was stable, I was transferred to a rehab facility. My initial prognosis for regaining the ability to walk again was grim. My husband was prepped for possibility of me never being able to get out of a wheelchair on my own. However, once there, I regained the ability to move my toe. Even this small movement was considered a miracle. After months of rehabilitation, I regained the ability to walk with crutches. Every step I take, I owe to Dr. Reich’s surgical acumen and the care I have received.

Submitted April 30, 2014 | flag

Dr. Reich is a phenomenal physician and an outstanding human being (and his staff deserves equal accolades). I saw Dr. Reich after I was injured in a MVA which exacerbated a previous spondylolisthesis, making it nearly impossible for me to walk or perform even the most basic activities. Understanding I had a limited time to get surgery (a short break from med school), Dr. Reich and his staff went to great lengths to see me quickly and worked tirelessly with my insurance to move the process along. I have *never* felt rushed in any visits with him. He has spent a great deal of time answering any and all questions I could think of and truly made me feel we working together in a partnership. He and his staff were available at all hours and squeezed me in immediately when I had a post-op concern. 6 weeks post-op and I couldn't have imagined how well I'm doing. Dr. Reich made it possible for me to regain control of my life. I have never felt safer or in more capable or caring hands!

Submitted June 26, 2013 | flag

I had a serious problem in that I had 4 levels of damage in the cervical area of my spine, including some absolutely Huge herniations that had compressed my spine to the point that I was risking paralysis. I was initially evaluated by his comrade Dr Goldberger who informed me that I had cervical myalopathy (sic?) and arranged for a same day consult with Dr Reich, whom he had worked with for a number of years. Dr Reich immediately put myself and my family at ease. The surgery went amazingly well, and after only 4 months, I have full strength back in my arm and an almost 90% reduction in pain. This man is an outstanding surgeon and an outstanding human being. All Doctors should show his level of professionalism and kindness. He is a true healer, who only cares about his patients getting well. He quite literally saved my life. If you ever need spinal surgery, don't look for any other surgeon but Dr. Reich.

Submitted June 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Reich is a superlative surgeon as well as a kind, caring human being. His surgical skills are without peer - he literally helped me walk again and I will be forever grateful. He is a consummate professional who takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem and then tell you how he can fix it. He is confident because of his immense training and years of performing back surgery. I cannot thank him enough for giving me my life back!

Submitted June 6, 2013 | flag

If the world had more doctors like Dr. Reich our healthcare system would be so much better than it is now! Dr. Reich isnt just a great orthopedic surgeon, he has tremendous bedside manner, he listens to you, he genuinely cares about you, and personally follows up with you. Eight weeks post-op I feel 100% better. I walk three miles several times a week, and have resumed all pre-op activities. I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Reich, but to sum it up, I am truly grateful to him for taking me from a state of constant pain and discomfort to making me feel as good as I do now. His staff is a pleasure to work with, and make you feel welcome from your very first visit. I highly recommend Dr. Reich to anyone in search of a great Orthopedic Surgeon...I can't imagine there's better!!

Submitted May 7, 2013 | flag

Dr Steven M. Reich is in my opinion, is one of the finest men I have ever had the pleasure to know. As well as one of the finest, if not the finest, orthopedic surgeons any one could ever be lucky enough to have. Plus his hosp.& off. staff are incredible. On my 3rd visit I said to him,what makes you so great. Here is what he said; 1. Preparation – I never perform a surgery without knowing exactly what will be required. Don’t ever let anybody perform exploratory surgery. 2. Knowledge and Skill – years of study and thousands of spinal surgeries. It is the only kind of surgery he performs, 52 weeks a year and he’ll have tell you how many years. 3. Execution – He has the same exact staff in every operation he performs. Every person thoroughly knows what is going to be required of them and there are no substitutions. Please call me any time at 732 -738-8188 if you have any questions or concerns about him, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2012 | flag

LEARN FROM ME! I am a 42 yr mom that has been suffering from SEVERE debilitating lower back pain for years, which has impacted me &my family in so many ways. I went to so many doctors and had numerous types of injections. I went to the hospital for special surgery who said I needed a disc replacement. I wasn't so fast to do that. I went to Laser Spine Institute, and that was a total waste of time and money. Thankfully I didnt go through with my surgery at Laser Spine Institure. I then went to Dr. Reiss who is my savior. I am scheduled for a spinal fusion and look forward to getting my life back! Dr. Reiss only does surgery on patients that he knows will result in high success. That is why he is such an extraodinary doctor. I will post another reveiew once I have my surgery!

Submitted April 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Steven Reich changed my life from days of constant back and sciatic nerve pain, to normal. Dr. Reich's staff is top notch and the doctor is warm and friendly. He takes in all that you have to say, and when he says, "I can help you," you know he can. He is just as excited to help his patients as they are to be helped. My recovery from a hemmilaminectomy of my lower spine was amazingly fast. My scar is barely noticeable, and the doctor is very proud of this! He has done amazing things for so many people and, I bless Dr. Reich every day. Because of Dr. Reich I was able to dance at my sons' bar mitzvahs and will soon dance at my eldest son's wedding. He is truly a gifted surgeon and a great person. If you are looking for a doctor who can help you, look no further than Dr. Steven Reich. I was so thrilled that I wrote a column for the newspaper that I work for. To see it and learn more about my back surgery experience, visit http://nt.gmnews.com/news/2007-03-14/Front_page/021.html.

Submitted Feb. 25, 2012 | flag