Rate Dr. Taryn Baise

Dr. Taryn Baise's Ratings

I live out of province and Dr. Baise cares for senior members of my family. It is a Godsend to know they are well cared for by her. She has their interests at heart. She never rushes them and is very understanding with all their needs and questions. You do not leave feeling like just a number on a card. Yes, the waits are very long but I believe that is because Dr. Tonin cares about and spends as much time as is required with each person she sees. A rare treat in todays' society. Wish she had a 'clone' in my province as I'd be using her.

Submitted April 9, 2011 | flag

The wait may be long but the seeing Dr. Baise is worth the wait. I have been a patient for years and when I had cancer she was there all the way and went the extra mile. I will continue to cherish her as my doctor.

Submitted May 29, 2010 | flag

This doctor may be okay for general things, but if you have issues that she can't relate to, watch out- she has a sharp tongue and unsympathetic attitude. She is "compassionate" until there is a need for compassion. I wouldn't go back to her if you paid me.

Submitted April 27, 2010 | flag

I did not find this doctor to be compassionate toward me. She grew cold and distant when I had side effects from medications she gave me. I did not want to take several medications she wanted me to take. I had no disease. She grew hostile toward me and at one point yelled at me so that another doctor in that clinic knocked on the door asking what was going on. I felt emotionally abused by her behaviour toward me.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag

I agree with the negative review posted earlier. I also think this doctor prescribed unnecessarily. I would add that I do not agree that people waiting for hours is the sign of a good doctor.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2010 | flag

Yes take a book, you will wait. But the wait is worth it. This Doctor is the one to have in your court if you get really sick. She knows how to navigate the system and knows who and where to push to make things happen. I have moved 5 hours away and still keep her as my doctor.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2010 | flag

As everyone says, Dr. Baise often keeps people waiting for a very long time. It's been that way since I first got her as my doctor back in 1997. And guess who referred me to her... an elderly lady who said she loved everything about Dr. Baise except the long wait times! But it's worth it for the care and attention she gives her patients. She's thorough, conscientious and caring no matter what the topic. She was even good on paperwork-related matters like insurance, passports, etc. She bring something to read or do!

Submitted Nov. 9, 2009 | flag

Dr. Baise is a very compassionate, caring Doctor. I always feel at ease with concerns and questions about my health and I never feel rushed during my appointment. I hope there is something that can be done about the wait time. I'm always waiting at least an hour and have never seen her at my exact scheduled time.

Submitted June 11, 2009 | flag

I love Dr. Baise. She took me in as a patient even though she wasn't taking any new ones anymore - this might also explain the long wait everytime, especially if she does that a lot! nevertheless, she takes good care of you and even calls you after hours from home if she knows you are waiting for test results and couldn't get through during the day. Even though her waiting room is full she is never short with you or impatient...I love, love, love my doctor and am so lucky to have found her!

Submitted Jan. 29, 2009 | flag

Despite the infuriatingly long wait times, Dr. Baise is an incredible doctor... and unfortunately I've seen more than my fair share of others. Treats my entire family and my wife's entire family - we were lucky enough to get in with her early. Truly cares, makes the extra effort to ensure correct diagnosis, excellent listener. I realize some of the reasons for long wating times is that she "squeezes-in" emergent patients, and she takes extra time with people to be thorough as well as friendly (great reasons), however something needs to be done to improve this issue. Also it is very often impossible to get through on the phone - please fix.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2008 | flag