Rate Dr. Taryn Baise

Dr. Taryn Baise's Ratings

I have lived in several provinces, had several doctors. I have also had SEVERAL ongoing medical issues and Dr.Baise has helped me SO much. She is caring, personable and very knowledgeable. My husband now sees her as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Wonder why there are no ratings or comments since 2011? Dr. Baise changed clinics since that time. Maybe wait times have improved since then?
I have nothing but praises for Dr. Baise. She is thorough and personable and will listen to all your concerns and take action when follow-up or further investigative procedures are required. Have been seeing her for many years and never has she spoken harshly or shown no compassion. The problem with these type of ratings is that people tend to comment when they have a rant moreso than when they are content. This is one very good doctor and the fact that she hardly ever has an opening for new patients is proof positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I live out of province and Dr. Baise cares for senior members of my family. It is a Godsend to know they are well cared for by her. She has their interests at heart. She never rushes them and is very understanding with all their needs and questions. You do not leave feeling like just a number on a card. Yes, the waits are very long but I believe that is because Dr. Tonin cares about and spends as much time as is required with each person she sees. A rare treat in todays' society. Wish she had a 'clone' in my province as I'd be using her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

The wait may be long but the seeing Dr. Baise is worth the wait. I have been a patient for years and when I had cancer she was there all the way and went the extra mile. I will continue to cherish her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

This doctor may be okay for general things, but if you have issues that she can't relate to, watch out- she has a sharp tongue and unsympathetic attitude. She is "compassionate" until there is a need for compassion. I wouldn't go back to her if you paid me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605127].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I did not find this doctor to be compassionate toward me. She grew cold and distant when I had side effects from medications she gave me. I did not want to take several medications she wanted me to take. I had no disease. She grew hostile toward me and at one point yelled at me so that another doctor in that clinic knocked on the door asking what was going on. I felt emotionally abused by her behaviour toward me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605126].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2010

I agree with the negative review posted earlier. I also think this doctor prescribed unnecessarily. I would add that I do not agree that people waiting for hours is the sign of a good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2010

Yes take a book, you will wait. But the wait is worth it. This Doctor is the one to have in your court if you get really sick. She knows how to navigate the system and knows who and where to push to make things happen. I have moved 5 hours away and still keep her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605124].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2010

As everyone says, Dr. Baise often keeps people waiting for a very long time. It's been that way since I first got her as my doctor back in 1997. And guess who referred me to her... an elderly lady who said she loved everything about Dr. Baise except the long wait times! But it's worth it for the care and attention she gives her patients. She's thorough, conscientious and caring no matter what the topic. She was even good on paperwork-related matters like insurance, passports, etc. She bring something to read or do!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2009

Dr. Baise is a very compassionate, caring Doctor. I always feel at ease with concerns and questions about my health and I never feel rushed during my appointment. I hope there is something that can be done about the wait time. I'm always waiting at least an hour and have never seen her at my exact scheduled time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1605122].votes_count ]]