Rate Dr. Jerry L. Followwill

Dr. Jerry L. Followwill's Ratings

Doctor has no time to listen to patient. Often makes appointments and then substitutes physician assistant and bills the same. PA is unhelpful as well. Saw Doctor for more than 4 years before he finally ordered MRI which lead to diagnosis. Discovered even more damage during surgery. He seemed to dismiss the pain I experienced for years with no regard for determining the cause. Manner is abrupt and non communicative. I question the ethics of billing for the PA to assist in surgery at the same rate as the Doctor for the surgery. Provided poor third carbon of poorly written post operative instructions. If he is the best "shoulder" man in Victoria, consider going out of town.

Submitted April 15, 2009 | flag

my husband had his shoulder repaired by him and it was a wonderful experience

Submitted Sept. 2, 2008 | flag

Doctor spent little time with me, a hand injury, and simply wanted to do MRI to see what was wrong. Very dismissive, almost uncaring, and did not provide thorough examination of my injury. Found a cyst in the MRI, said we had to "go get it out". Referred to a hand specialist, who indicated the cyst was in a location other than where my pain was. So basically, Followwill just took a stab at it, not sure he even looked at the MRI closely, just read the report and said "go see someone else". Finally referred to Houston doctor who diagnosed what I thought I had all the time - tendonitis. Received an injection and NSAID script. So if you want a doctor to spend some time and do an actual evaluation, followed by thoughtful diagnosis, don't see Jerry Followwill.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2008 | flag