Rate Dr. Robert E. Nakken

Dr. Robert E. Nakken's Ratings

Employs Steve Newmann PA. who lied to me multiple times concerning sticking himself first with the needle he then used to inject my knee with Synvisc. When this was brought to the attention of Dr. Nakken, Dr. Nakken told me, "I guarantee that didn't happen." He said these exact words even though the procedure was performed in one of the patient rooms without him being present. Dr. Nakken was not interested in hearing my side of the story. Instead, he insinuated that I was likely involved in risky behavior and had concocted the story to get HIV and HEP C testing done for free. I am proceeding with testing at my own expense. The receptionist, x-ray technician are great staff. I will not be returning for future consults. This experience has been a nightmare. I've been a patient of Dr. Nakken/Newman for several years having undergone back treatment and knee surgery & treatment. Until this incident, I have been generally satisfied.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2012 | flag

IN August 2009 I fractured and spiraled my tibia and fibula while hiking Cedar Breaks. Dr. Nakken's surgery fixed me AND the way in which he closed the incision left me with barely a fine line up my tibia. One can barely see it. He is an excellent Orthopaedic surgeon! His work was seen by my San Diego Orthopaedic follow-up surgeon who also voiced the same opinion on Dr Nakken's work!

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

Poor bedside manners and only cares about getting paid then your well being. Would not recommend!

Submitted Dec. 14, 2011 | flag

I had compression fx on my vertebraes and he briefly told me everything looks fine, however; he did not even read the radiologist report that came with the xray. I had a bulge called a "gibbus" in my spine and I asked him what it was, he replied, "It is probably just normal and you just haven't noticed it". A prestigious and profound radiologist said I have a gibbus... and your telling me it is normal and I haven't noticed it! Not very knowledgable. I wonder if he even looked at the xray. I waited for 1.5 hours for my appointment one time and another time they rescheduled my appointment on me when I already drove the distance.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

Doesn't have routine paperwork on his patients ready on surgery day and then wonders why he can't work as fast as the other ortho doc. ****es the staff to work faster! Loafs in the lounge between OR cases instead of directing care of his patients in the OR. Only goes in the OR at the LAST possible moment.

Submitted Dec. 28, 2008 | flag

I have seen Dr. Naaken several times and will need surgery at some point. He has always answered questions and listened to my concerns. He took care of my husband for years,mostly with epidural injections until his Rheumatoid arthritis necessitated a power chair and chronic pain management. My husband is a retired physician and I am a retired RN and we can be very picky about our care. I hate to see someone bad mouth a caring Doctor. After all, we the patient, are ultimately responsible for our life style choices and need to realize that all outcomes are not perfect.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2008 | flag

Had my arm crushed in a machine at work. This Dr. was doing little to help me. I ask him why. He said that he had determined that there was nothing for him to do surgery on and so and this I quote "I don't care what else is wrong" with the arm. Yup, I changed doctors.

Submitted July 11, 2008 | flag