You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert S. Katz

Dr. Robert S. Katz's Ratings

Dr. Katz is the most caring and compassionate doctor I know. He cares greatly about his patients. His clinical knowledge is better than anyone. He is the smartest and most knowledgeable doctor I have ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2789447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Terrible experience. Don't go. Expensive, try to deceive the cost when you visit and charge you later. Long waiting time. Impolite office staffs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I saw this doctor several years ago as a second opinion for UDCTD. At the first visit, he was significantly late and did a brief and careless exam. He ordered several expensive tests (labs, x-rays, and MRI's) that ran me over $10k. Luckily I had some insurance coverage, but still had to pay $2k out of pocket for my deductible and as someone who was only 22 at the time, this was a huge financial burdon. I was convinced by a doctor I worked for that this guy was worth it, so I went back for a few more visits and each was more disappointing. I'd wait an average of 3 hours only to see Dr. Katz for 5-10 minutes and most of the time he didn't even look at me. He kept trying to tell me that I didn't have an autoimmune disease, that I just had fibromyalgia. He'd try to push muscle relaxers on me and when I told him I didn't want them, he told me that everything was in my head and to go see a psychologist. Several months later, I was diagnosed properly with Hashimoto's. While that's not one of his specialties, he should have been more compassionate and helpful as I was in severe pain and had several chronically positive inflammation markers. The only thing this guy had going for him is that his nurse, lab tech, and imaging tech were really nice and actually cared about what they do. Run away fast from this "doctor"!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

Had me on too many drugs. Misunderstood my diagnosis, and even yelled at me. Doesn't spend enough time with his patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

I saw this Doctor a while back .He will give you every test there.I hope you have good insurance like me.This guy going to cost you a lot of money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2452534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I hope anyone that reads my post about this pill pusher and doesn't care that his patients die from the pills that he's not even allowed to prescribe will run from and find a new dr! My mother went to dr katz for many of yrs. I was always shocked about the amount of pills he prescribed for her. My mother had gotten hooked on these pills were it ruined our relationship and her grandkids relationship. I was very concerned called dr katz office spoke to roseanne and I demanded for them to take her off these pills. Her response was we can't take ur mother off of them. So ur basically telling me that she needs 2 diff sleep aids along with 5 diff pain meds, and these shots that were not even fda approved!! That causes life threatening skin rash! Roseannes response yup can't take her off of them SHE NEEDS THEM! Well guess what happend my mother died at the age of 50!! Sickening people without a care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1607727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2014

I come from Indiana to see Dr.Katz. I believe he is a good doctor who may stretch himself to thin most days. I have on occasion waited for 3 hours to see Dr.Katz and yes this is irritating but I understand he is in great demand. I have waited up to 20 minutes on hold to make an appointment yet I continue to come back I feel he is worth the extra time.On days I have an appointment I plan nothing else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1607725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2013

The method of this practice speaks to me. The paperwork was all available to me on line in advance of my appointment so I didn't have to complete them in the office. I received a text confirmation of my appointment 2 days ahead of time, and a reminder via text the day before. None of my time was wasted! The practice runs exceptionally smoothly and a lot of time and thought has gone into the design. I spent the bulk of my first visit with an RN, Hannah (amazing woman). She and I dialogued about my illness and symptoms and what I was feeling. The practice's standard blood work for my suspected illness was drawn while waiting to see the doctor. Afterwards, Dr. Katz came in and was given the important clinical summary, without all of my anecdotal information, by Hannah. He examined me and then explained his treatment protocol which matched my expectations. Right now I am the biggest fan of Dr. Katz and the entire practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1607724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

Dr. Katz is a very helpful and knowledgeable doctor. His business sense for his office is lacking greatly. When you are the first patient of the day it is unacceptable to me that the doctor be 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours late. Especially when you generally see him for 5-10 minutes! I respect him as a doctor, not as a businessman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1607723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

Excellent doctor. Overburdened by number of patients. That is the system But he will spend whatever time you need to get the result. And that is what I am interested in

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1607722].votes_count ]]