Rate Dr. Robert P. Nirschl

Dr. Robert P. Nirschl's Ratings

Dr Nirschl performed orthoscopic surgery on my knee Dec 2011 to clean out debris. Before the surgery, I was going to aerobics twice a week, lifting weights 3x/week, dancing, riding the bike, I walked about 7 miles on July 4th and swam a mile but my knee swole badly,So much so that I stopped biking to work.Dr Nirschl said that he could fix it.it was not a complicate surgery.In fact, he did the same surgery for me before. this time it became infected. I had 101 fever & elevated white cell count 36 hours after surgery. he was not on call. his back up Dr wellborn performed a 2nd surgery & removed too much. required 3 night hospital stay & was in bed for a week at home;off work 2.5 weeeks. now have a handicap parking permit. I cannot bike, dance, do areobics, walk > a couple of blocks,lift leg weights. I have been crippled by the surgery. sometime I have to walk with a cane b/c the pain is so bad. Worst decision I ever made.My entire health is significantly diminished.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

My family and friends have used Dr Nirschl's services for years. He has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I have known. I really appreciate Dr. Nirschl's attitude of trying alternative strategies before resorting to surgery, but if surgery is needed, he is the man for the job! I highly recommend Dr. Nirschl if you have an orthopedic issue!!

Submitted Nov. 26, 2012 | flag

The best surgeon and PT in DC area. Dr. Nirschl is very attentive and knowlegable. He has several patents for orthopedic aid.

Submitted May 18, 2011 | flag

This guy is the sharpest thing in town. I had been to two other orthopaedists before him and Nirshcl did the job. If you read his biography, he is outstanding.

Submitted April 5, 2009 | flag