Rate Dr. Joan M. Takacs

Dr. Joan M. Takacs's Ratings

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

Dr Joan is an angel from God. My husband and I were in a car accident and saw several doctors and went to PT and we were still in pain. Our primary care dr referred Dr. Joan to us she knew exactly what was wrong with us within the first 5 min. We have been going to her for 10 years now. She is so intelligent about medical issues and life in general. As she cures my pain with manipulation, steroid injections and her healing fingers, she gives helpful advice on everything from healthy living to the best places to fly your RC plane! She has never steered us wrong. My whole family sees her. She is truly an amazing doctor and I would trust her with my life.

Submitted March 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Joan is the best. She diagnosed a serious problem in my hip joint and is the first doctor to really listen. She referred me out for needed surgery and took my issues and pain seriously. She is very knowledgable about the human body. My primary care referred me to her and I continue to see her.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2013 | flag

Total billed for a office visit may range from $270 - $328 for a 10-15 minute visit, mostly talking. You may receive a 1-2 minute "Osteopathic Manipulation" which will run you $102. Still had to pay $100/visit AFTER insurance paid their share. I thought there was a billing error because I couldn't believe they would actually charge $102 for a 1-2 minute massage - they checked with Dr. Joan Takacs and she said "she provided the service so balance is due". Money trumps patient care here.

Submitted June 26, 2012 | flag

This doctor is not supportive of injured workers. Instead she is supportive of the insurance companies. If you are in pain and cannot work and have a permanent disability see another doctor! She has no compassion. The appointments are more like counseling sessions not real treatment. If you don't follow her counseling advice she takes it personal and will close your claim. She tries to act like a mother, not a doctor.

Submitted April 9, 2012 | flag

Very knowledgeable. Explained things in a unique manner that made sense and was easy to utilize to improve my recovery.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

The best! Another physiatrist referred me to her saying that there is nothing about the human body she doesn't know. Seems to be true! She's pleasant, responsive, and very helpful. She's the only provider who has given me trigger point injections that actually work. Haven't met many doctors whom I felt were smart, competent and helpful, but Dr. Joan is one of the rare ones that is all that.

Submitted April 9, 2011 | flag

Dr. Takacs is an insightful, brilliant doctor, and an amazing human being. I was injured on the job, and after a succession of doctors that decided things for me, without considering my input or questions, she listened, cared, and helped my body, and spirit find a healing path. Dr. Takacs renewed my faith in the medical community.

Submitted June 17, 2010 | flag

She has correctly diagnosed everything wrong with me in the past ten years. Best doctor I ever had, period.

Submitted July 10, 2009 | flag

I have never had a better doctor than Joan. She properly diagnosed everything that was wrong with me, even when it was not in her field of expertise.

Submitted Dec. 26, 2008 | flag