Dr. Joan M. Takacs

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Joan M. Takacs has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5518277

05/06/14 1 1 1 1
RID: 5286182
19/03/14 5 4 5 5 Dr Joan is an angel from God. My husband and I were in a car accident and saw several doctors and went to PT and we were still in pain. Our primary care dr referred Dr. Joan to us she knew exactly what was wrong with us within the first 5 min. We have been going to her for 10 years now. She is so intelligent about medical issues and life in general. As she cures my pain with manipulation, steroid injections and her healing fingers, she gives helpful advice on everything from healthy living to the best places to fly your RC plane! She has never steered us wrong. My whole family sees her. She is truly an amazing doctor and I would trust her with my life.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Joan" to "Joan M."
RID: 2549636
03/02/13 4 5 5 5 Dr. Joan is the best. She diagnosed a serious problem in my hip joint and is the first doctor to really listen. She referred me out for needed surgery and took my issues and pain seriously. She is very knowledgable about the human body. My primary care referred me to her and I continue to see her.
Insurance: Providence
RID: 2294161
26/06/12 4 2 3 5 Total billed for a office visit may range from $270 - $328 for a 10-15 minute visit, mostly talking. You may receive a 1-2 minute "Osteopathic Manipulation" which will run you $102. Still had to pay $100/visit AFTER insurance paid their share. I thought there was a billing error because I couldn't believe they would actually charge $102 for a 1-2 minute massage - they checked with Dr. Joan Takacs and she said "she provided the service so balance is due". Money trumps patient care here.
Paid (or co-pay): $198
RID: 2001655
09/04/12 2 1 1 5 This doctor is not supportive of injured workers. Instead she is supportive of the insurance companies. If you are in pain and cannot work and have a permanent disability see another doctor! She has no compassion. The appointments are more like counseling sessions not real treatment. If you don't follow her counseling advice she takes it personal and will close your claim. She tries to act like a mother, not a doctor.  Respond
RID: 1547639
27/09/11 5 4 5 5 Very knowledgeable. Explained things in a unique manner that made sense and was easy to utilize to improve my recovery.  Respond
RID: 1411479
09/04/11 4 5 5 5 The best! Another physiatrist referred me to her saying that there is nothing about the human body she doesn't know. Seems to be true! She's pleasant, responsive, and very helpful. She's the only provider who has given me trigger point injections that actually work. Haven't met many doctors whom I felt were smart, competent and helpful, but Dr. Joan is one of the rare ones that is all that.  Respond
RID: 1192039
17/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Takacs is an insightful, brilliant doctor, and an amazing human being. I was injured on the job, and after a succession of doctors that decided things for me, without considering my input or questions, she listened, cared, and helped my body, and spirit find a healing path. Dr. Takacs renewed my faith in the medical community.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 933983
10/07/09 4 4 5 5 She has correctly diagnosed everything wrong with me in the past ten years. Best doctor I ever had, period.
RID: 749747
26/12/08 4 4 5 5 I have never had a better doctor than Joan. She properly diagnosed everything that was wrong with me, even when it was not in her field of expertise.
RID: 714919
03/11/08 3 4 5 5 After months of undiagnosed, agonizing pain, Joan Takacs was a breath of fresh air. Highly competent, she administered adjustments and medications to mitigate a psoas and scoliosis condition. Because of her skill and approach, I am able to maintain pain free health through exercise and movement.
Paid (or co-pay): $1300