Rate Dr. David A. Stoker

Dr. David A. Stoker's Ratings

I had lipo suction by Dr Stoker 4 or 5 years ago. I was tremendously happy with the results. My body is naturally pear shaped but with menopause it had become an exaggerated version of a pear. Dr Stoker performed lipo on my inner and outer thighs, the flank area and stomach, at the same time fixing an umbilical hernia. I had the body I remembered without losing any of my curves! When I wanted my upper arms and back bra area, I naturally knew where to go but he had moved and the office where he had been working was unhelpful, not wanting to lose business. After some investigation I found he had set up his own practice in Marina, thankfully! Needless to say I am very happy with my arms. I'm back to wearing sleeveless tops with no back fat spilling over my bra. Both procedures, I experienced little to no pain. He is thorough, and meticulous. I am a nurse, working in ICU, have done for 23 yrs. I can recommend his work whole heartedly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2013

Dr Stoker is a superb surgeon, I think he could be conidered an artist as well. He did an incredible job sculpting my body during my Mommy Makover. I was a challenging case as I had a complicated hernia to repair, and my breasts had been operated on twice before by another surgeon with poor results. I took a long time, years actually, researching the Laser Bra technique developed by Dr Stevens. I knew I wanted this procedure to prevent the bottoming out I had experienced twice before. Dr. Stoker and Dr Stevens were partners for years so I figured he has done this procedure probably thousands of times. Experience does matter. I chose Dr Stoker because I liked the photos of his before and afters the most. It was a little confusing at first, his photos are still on the website from his former practice. I live on e East Coast so I traveled to California for the surgery. It was well worth the additional effort and cost to have Dr Stoker perform the surgery. Dr S is the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

5 years ago Dr Stoker saved my life. I came to his office in LA from San Francisco with some previous BAD surgery on my breasts and stomach. I was very depressed due to the bad surgery and Dr Stoker was my last hope. I went through the motions like a robot with no emotion. I was scared. Can he fix this??? Yes!! He did. I LOVE HIM. He is the best plastic surgeon. My breast have never looked so great and he fixed all of the deformities and dents on my stomach. Its five years later and I'm still very happy and thank full. I have my body back and I feel normal again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

I had a nightmare experience getting Liposuctin from Dr Stoker. I paid $7700 and it looked like nothing was done. My stomach looked deformed. I ended up paying another 6500 for a different lipo doctor in DC to fix my botched stomach and thighs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592462].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2012

I love my nose job but my scars from my breast augmentation show on one side. I am not completely sure if this was by mistake or because he was trying to align them correctly. Either way I see it every time I am without a bra, I really believed that he was the #1 best but I question his time scheduling. I believe he works a lot and makes mistakes like any human.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][592456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2011

I am so incredibly happy with the results from my surgery with Dr. Stoker. I had a deviated septum that was causing me a lot of sinus infections and migraines. I went to Dr. Stoker on a recommendation from a trusted friend to see what could be done. I also asked for some cosmetic work on my nose as I have wanted a new nose since I was a teenager, but was always nervous of how it might change the way I look. Dr. Stoker did exactly what I had hoped for and his work was so good, that people didn't notice that my nose changed until I pointed it out. That's a sign of a great surgeon. Dr. Stoker personally called to check on me the few days following my surgery to make sure that I was ok. His level of artistry and service are superb, and his staff is amazing and kind. Dr. Stoker's nurse, Tami, couldn't be any greater than she already is. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stoker and his staff. I will definitely recommend him to friends and he will have repeat business from me for sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I had my Rhinoplasty procedure with Dr. Stoker, so did my sister. He is an amazing doctor and did a great job on my sister, so went ahead with mine as well. I am still in recovery but everything looks great so far. Dr. Stoker takes the time to answer all of your questions and is very respectful of your wishes, which he will let you know if they are possible. He is a perfectionist, and a born artist. He is very confident in his work and that definitely shines through in a good way ;) Everyone at the office (staff,nurses,doctors) are rated on a one to 10 scale, 10+ for me! I also stayed at their aftercare which was wonderful!. Can't wait to see my nose through recovery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

Dr. Stoker is amazing. He has given me an entirely new outlook on life - he's given me the body I've always wanted. I had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago, and after losing 150 lbs., I knew deep down that plastic surgery would be the next logical step. I hemmed and hawed, but when I first came to Dr. Stoker 4 years ago, I knew I would eventually come back to him. On December 17th, 2010 - I did! And the results have been amazing; the recovery much easier than I could have ever expected and I am soo happy with my results. Dr. Stoker performed a tummy tuck, lipo to my thights and a breast augmentation. I felt good after my weight loss, but now, it feels as though the weight is officially gone! And he did it for me! The rest of my life is just beginning! Thank you Dr. Stoker for such amazing work!! Seing those before photos almost made me cry - you are a definite artist and a man who has passion (not just experience) for what he does. I cannot thank you enough!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2011

Dr. Stoker is an artist for sure. My procedure was a little unusual and going in, I gave him complete authority to do what he thought was right while I was on the table. He had an idea what I was looking for, and he gave me just what I needed. The outcome is perfection. His staff is awesome, but I have to say I agree with the other person that said his coordinator is not a very warm personality. I felt a little uneasy with her. For a position such as that, he should find someone with a more welcoming personality. Everyone else was awesome though. I think what I liked most was how he and his anesthesiologist both called me at home a few hours after the procedure just to check in and see if I was feeling okay. A lot of doctors just throw that over to the nurses. The follow up was appreciated, because sometimes you really want to talk to the doctor himself rather than just sending messages through his nurse. You're awesome Dr. Stoker!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2009

Dr. Stoker is an extremely personable surgeon (which is often not the case). He took a large amount of time to answer all of my questions and explain all procedures in great detail. In addition, when I had additional questions, he returned my phone calls promptly and was extremely courteous, always asking me if it was a good time for me to take his call. As for his work as a surgeon, he is simply brilliant. His work, impeccable' his bed-side manner, caring and concerned; his follow-up, extremely thorough. Simply put, he is brilliant and I would not go anywhere else. He is fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][592451].votes_count ]]