You may also like

Rate Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

Dr. J. Timothy Katzen's Ratings

Dr Katzen did a fantastic job of removing my apron, lumps and the bags on my thighs after I had lost 100 # after gastric bypass surgery. For the first time since I was a young girl I can now tuck in my shirt.

Dr Katzen is wonderful and skilled surgeon. A true delight and joy to work with. I am glad I trusted my body to him to improve my appearance. I would use him again and highly recommend him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788047].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Katzen has performed 2 major body surgeries on me Dec. 2010 and June 2011. He is a highly regarded surgeon and very caring. His work is top notch. He is always available to patients, day or night. I can’t imagine anyone going to another surgeon for body contouring. His office staff are great too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2785629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

After I lost weight after bariatric surgery I was healthier but I hated my loose skin. I love to swim and hated to get into a swimming suit. I am so much happier now that I have had the body lift. Life is so much better. I am so glad I had it done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2784439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I travelled from Georgia to California to have Dr. Katzen perform a blepharoplasty because I trust him! I refer all of the bariatric patients I work with to consider having Dr. Katzen do their body reconstructing because he is an expert in this specialty. His compassionate and gentle demeanor makes all patients feel comfortable with him. Dr. Katzen's expertise and reputation help make all of his patients feel safe and confident.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2783299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

After significant weight loss, Dr. Katzen helped complete the transformation. My concerns and question were answered from the initial visit throughout the post operative visits. I highly recommend Dr. Katzen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Katzen is one of the kindest people you would want to meet. He has an extensive knowledge of the special needs and conditions of bariatric patients. This, combined with his superior surgical skills and kind bedside manner, results in a surgeon of the highest caliber. He has a wonderful team, both in the office and the associated professionals that he uses to complete your care. I have had several procedures done by him and would not hesitate to refer anyone to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2778422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Katzen since 2005. I am also a working nurse who Dr. Katzen and I have done many surgeries together in the operating room. I have not only enjoy his professionalism, techniques and ability to keep down infection, he’s strive for sterility but how his bedside manner was with his patients for that reason I chose him to be my doctor. Having that inside look where other patient can’t gave me the up hand to make a very educated decision in what doctor I placed my own care in. Not only have I been exceptionally pleased with my care and results, but overall satisfaction with his staff, hand picked nurses and even the honest and sincere staff in his office.

I have recommended Dr. Katzen to friends, family and even patients that I know will be returning for plastic needs. It is a great sign when doctors asked me who I would recommend to them and I smile and introduce them to Dr. Katzen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

This is from Kate reporting with incredible amazement at the ease, comfort and lack of fear I received from the professionals beginning with preoperative office appointments to the nurses, anesthesiologist and Dr Katzen who even won over my husband who with me was reluctant to adventure into another surgery.

As for the outcome of the repair of my abdominal hernia and tummy tuck, I healed beautifully without a single negative event.  I fully knew and was prepared to do the right things every step of the way.  Today nearly six weeks later, I no longer suffer daily nausea and abdominal cramping-- not even needing to use laxatives and stool softeners.  For the first time in over 4-yrs since my bariatric bypass, I can now 'burp' and 'oh what a relief it is'.  And of course, I must not forget to mention that I have no further problems with a 'hangover the waist bulging' making my clothes fit much better.  Thanks again for the individual attention and care, it meant a lot to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2770945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I had my gastric bypass with duodenal switch nine years ago and lost a total of 120 pounds. As a result of the rapid weight loss I had a lot of extra skin. While I could dress to hide the extra lumps and bumps, it was difficult to find clothes that were small enough to fit attractively yet large enough to accommodate the extra skin around my abdomen (not to mention the arms and thighs).

I was sitting at home and saw the commercial for The Real Skinny and was mesmerized. I made a mental note to be home and watch the episode that told Sarah’s story. I have to say I watched the whole episode with tears in my eyes. I think for the first time I felt I wasn’t alone. When Sarah used her hair dryer to dry her tummy I lost it. I thought I was the only one that did that! By the end of the show I was bawling. When the repeat came on I had my husband sit down and watch the show with me. I decided that I wanted to meet Dr. Katzen and have a consultation to see what he could do for me.

Dr. Katzen was just as kind and gentle as he appeared to be on the program. He immediately made me feel at ease and really seemed to understand what I was feeling and thinking. For me the most difficult part was undressing and letting Dr. Katzen do the exam. At this point I was newly married and my own husband hadn’t seen me entirely naked! Dr. Katzen really "held my hand" through the whole exam and gave me a glimpse of what he could do to help me.

My surgery date was August 20, 2012, and while it was one of the scariest things I've ever done, Dr. Katzen and his staff were amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2769732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I cannot recommend Dr. Katzen highly enough. He truly listens to you, he is just as excited about the results as you are and will work to help you be the very best you can.

His office staff is friendly, knowledgeable and will work with your insurance company to get as much done for you as they can. I have done both my abdominoplasty and medial thigh lift and will be doing the backside and outer thighs soon. I remember how excited he was when he did the first surgery and each time as they put me under the last thing I remember is him holding my hand. You cannot find a more caring, knowledgeable and talented surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768465].votes_count ]]