Rate Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

Dr. J. Timothy Katzen's Ratings

I did it! I lost 150lbs through diet and exercise. The only problem was I looked worse at 160 lbs than I did at 303lbs. I had so much excess skin between my legs and at the apron of my belly.

I interviewed with several plastic surgeons but it wasn't until meeting Dr. Katzen that I felt secure enough to schedule such a major and elective surgery. I found Dr. Katzen to
be the total package. He offered me both experience with full body lifts and a warm and caring bedside manner. I met with two of his former patients and was confident that he had the skills to remove the excess skin from my body and re-shape me into something I
could be proud of.

It's been three years since my surgery. In the beginning I gained a few pounds as my body found its natural set point and remained there. I was nervous to see Dr. Katzen again because I've had experiences with doctors being less than kind about weight gain. But Dr.Katzen was comforting and assured me that my weight gain was not only minor but normal. If you are looking for a plastic surgeon that will offer you a high skill level, a warm heart and beautiful new body....Dr. Katzen is your man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

After losing 160 lbs, I couldn't stand my hanging "jelly belly" anymore
 and was ready for the next phase of my journey. Dr Katzen was very
professional yet so personable, too. He made me feel comfortable and
 showed compassion in my after care treatment. Also, the office staff has
 been very friendly and kind. I am convinced that Dr Katzen was the
perfect choice in my journey to a whole new me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I would like to first give my heartfelt thanks to Dr. Katzen and his wonderful staff. I know if you read all the testimonials from his patients, you will know what makes Dr. Katzen so extraordinary.

Until you are his patient, you will definitely understand how magnificent he is. There are so many amazing things to say and write about Dr. Katzen, but I will have to make it brief.

Let me begin by saying that Dr. Katzen has made me feel very comfortable and at ease from the first day of my consultation to the day of my surgery and throughout my follow up visits. He is one of the rare breeds of plastic surgeons that truly care about your well being. He has an incredible bedside manner and is very attentive to your needs. Dr. Katzen is a brilliant doctor and surgeon. He is a gift to his patients.

I am very pleased with my results. I know if I want anything else done, I am definitely coming back, no doubt about it! I recommend my family, friends, and anyone to Dr. Katzen. I’m truly glad that I have been blessed that he is my surgeon. My results speak for itself. THANK YOU.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

After having gastric bypass in 1992, I thought my biggest achievement would be walking and talking at the same time. In 2007 I found myself 151 lbs lighter and ready to set my sights on removing the excess skin from my body. I lived with the skin quite some time, until I one day realized that this journey for me was not complete. I made an appointment to see Dr. Katzen; from the minute I met him and his staff, my mind was made up. When I hit the door, I felt a sense of serenity and peace. I knew I was in good hands.

Dr. Katzen walks you through every step, so there is never an uneasy feeling. His office was in constant contact with my general practitioner to make sure that I was in the absolute best health before surgery. I had surgery December 6, 2007. The staff was waiting for me and ready when I came in, Dr. Katzen was right by my side, took pictures, marked me up for surgery and off I went. My daughter was in the waiting area and they came out every few minutes to make her feel at ease. When it was all over they brought her in and gave her a run down of my vitals and a clean bill of health. I woke up 7 lbs lighter and now I have a whole new self confidence. I went home and any concerns that developed no matter how minor, I called Dr. Katzen and he called back immediately. One best thing was that I was able to donate my skin. I am blessed that my source of pain, my excessive skin, will be used as a blessing to someone else. It doesn't get much better than that.

Summer is almost here and I am actually buying short sleeves. I thank God every day for the anointed hands of Dr. Katzen, he is a true gift.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

As I was researching for a plastic surgeon, I narrowed my findings based on the following: I chose Dr. Katzen mainly because many of his surgeries were done for wls people.

Now that I’ve had surgery with Dr. Katzen, I would say he is a very comforting doctor and I could genuinely feel that he cared about me and cared that the results I got were perfect.

He has high expectations and I like that, plus I felt safe with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

It has been a month and a couple of days since my surgery. I am so excited and pleased with the results of my abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).The surgery went even better than expected with no surprises and my recovery has been quick and pain free. My entire experience has been amazing and can't believe how great I look and how quickly I have recuperated. Dr. Katzen significantly changed the appearance of my loose skin, and stretch marks in my abdominal area. I have a completely flat tummy...Hey!! He has given me a new body. I am fortunate to have found such a wonderful, brilliant and gifted surgeon who's making his patients look and feel better. Thank you Dr. Katzen for a memorable experience with plastic surgery. Your skills and ability to turn dreams into reality are amazing. You and your staff are examples of what the practice of medicine and patient care should be. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery. I would recommend Dr. Katzen to anyone. He is an awesome plastic surgeon! Now I can truly say I have a Body by Katzen! In the future, if I need anything else done, I wont hesitate to come back! Thank you again for changing my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I had Gastric Bypass in April 2006 and had lost over 100 pounds. My body bounced back pretty well from the weight loss with the exception of my tummy area and the breasts. So I decided to look into the possibility of plastic surgery. I went to a few consultations however some plastic surgeons made me feel uncomfortable while others just didn't leave much of an impression. When I met Dr. Katzen at a weight loss seminar, I scheduled a free consult right away. I felt so comfortable with him immediately!

Dr. Katzen in 2008 performed a tummy tuck, breast reduction/lift and implants to give me the fullness at the top of the breast that I wanted. He listened to exactly what I wanted and that is exactly what I got!!

I am so glad that I chose Dr. Katzen as my surgeon and I cannot be happier with my results. He makes every patient feel special and he spends the amount of time you need to get all of your questions answered. He is patient, gentle, kind and his bedside manner is TOP NOTCH. I have recommended Dr. Katzen to many of my friends and will continue to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a genuinely sweet, caring, talented plastic surgeon. He transforms your body into what you could have only dreamed of!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Four years ago I had gastric bypass surgery and lost a total of 160lbs. Although I was extremely happy about the weight loss, I was very disappointed with the amount of extra skin on my body. I had difficulty finding clothes that fit properly and was actually more embarrassed to get into a bathing suit at 170 lbs than I was at 330 lbs, because of all the excess skin.

I started researching various options and doctors and was referred to Dr. Katzen's web site.   I attended one of his seminars and knew immediately that he was the doctor that I had been looking for. I had seen many of his patient's before and after pictures that were very impressive, and met individuals that traveled across the country to attend this particular seminar.  Which was all impressive in itself.  However, it was our one-on-one consultation following the seminar that really made an impact on me.  He explained everything clearly, listened carefully to my questions, and just seemed to understand exactly where I was coming from and what my struggles had been.

Over the past two months, I have had a circumferential body lift, medial thigh lift and a breast lift/augmentation. His whole staff has been incredible. I was able to reach the staff when needed, and even received a call back from Dr. Katzen on the weekend when a question arose regarding one of my meds.  Everyone has been patient, understanding, and Dr. Katzen continued to be available and comforting throughout this entire process.
Thanks so much!”

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

What more can I say accept for “I love my new Body by Katzen”! I recently had surgery with Dr. Katzen on July 30, 2007.

Thanks to Dr. Katzen and his excellent and knowledgeable staff, I now have the confidence to show off my body the way I see fit.

So many things have changed for the positive in my life because of the confidence that I now have due to Dr. Katzen’s magic hands. My results are so fantastic, all the negative feedback I was getting from friends and family has turned into “How much was it and when can I get it done”.

Dr. Katzen is an extremely detailed person with an honest opinion and he tops it off with a very friendly smile. He took the time to hear me out on everything I expected and made it realistic. Like I said, “I love my new Body by Katzen”. Not to mention his assistants are so great, they worked with me post-op and after my surgery, any questions or concerns I had they were available to me 24 hours.

I’d recommend Dr. Katzen to anyone. He is truly GREAT at what he does, whenever anyone asks me who he is, I tell them Mr. Magic Hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I can say “thank you” a million times, but in my opinion that does not even begin to convey the impact you’ve had in my life and the tummy tuck you performed on me. The transformation is amazing!! The change in my everyday life is surreal. I can’t believe the new life I am living today. My mood has changed, I am genuinely HAPPY rather than the to be known as the fat jolly girl.

The whole procedure was no where close to what I had imagined and I am glad you gave the confidence and reassurance I needed to have the courage to undergo the “BEST” thing I have ever done for myself. I am almost 40 years old and did not look this great when I was 20. Thank you for giving me back 20 years of my life. When I see my friends that I have known since high school, I’ve been told, “You look so pretty now. What did you do to yourself?”

The slight discomfort if any is not even comparable to my severe menstrual cramps. I’ll be darned if I let that gut grow back. This whole transformation has reprogrammed my attitude towards food, exercise and the importance of my general well-being. Some of someone else’s life simple things are now simple for me too like getting a pedicure. Now, I can just wave my feet in the air rather than struggle turning from side to side because my abdomen was too large and very uncomfortable, not having to hide behind my kids to take a picture in the hope that my gut would go unnoticed. I have a full view of my body and love every minute of my new life. Thank you Dr. Katzen for giving me a “jump start” to a better looking and healthier “me”. You are a wonderful and kind human being and a great and highly ethical surgeon. I had the best of both worlds and may God bless you always so you may continue your mission and those who are treated by you to have the same experience I did, which is beyond belief.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735923].votes_count ]]