You may also like

Rate Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

Dr. J. Timothy Katzen's Ratings

I first met Dr. Katzen about three years ago while working at a hospital. I have always been a very modest person and was very nervous about my appointment. I was amazed at how Dr. Katzen made me feel so comfortable. I truly never expected to be treated as well as he treated me, as he does all his patients. He does not make you feel rushed or hurried as some Dr.’s do. He listens and takes everything you have to say under great consideration. He listens to your fears and addresses them. Not to mention he has the best bedside manner and never makes you feel abnormal.

Dr. Katzen has performed several procedures on me; Breast lift with augmentation and implants, Brachioplasty (upper arm lift), medial thigh lift, removal of Spider veins, and removal of a cyst (neuroma) on my left wrist. These procedures were done during two separate surgeries. Dr. Katzen would not risk doing all procedures at one time. His first and main concern is safety for his patients and sticks by that. Before going under anesthesia, my request to Dr. Katzen was to make my thighs extremely tight.  Be careful what you wish for, I have now been known to have the tightest thighs in Southern California!

His aftercare was amazing. He is there for you all the time. You can call him directly with questions and he will see you if needed whenever possible. His staff was always there for me too. His expertise in pain management also helped in my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2852822].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I was first introduced to Dr. Timothy Katzen at a support group meeting. He spoke about the possible need or desire for plastic surgery after weight loss. At that time, I was just beginning my journey, but after a loss of 100 pounds, I felt like it was necessary for me to go forward and have excess skin removed.

From the first consultation meeting at Dr. Katzen’s office, I was very at ease and Dr. Katzen explained and answered all my questions. He made me feel very comfortable in such an awkward (to me anyways) situation. I proceeded with three surgeries. I had a neck lift, tummy tuck, torso and an arm lift. It was a journey, with all 3 surgeries, but a road well taken.

Without the encouragement of Dr. Katzen and his great personality, and his office staff, I could not have done this. Also without my family and friends support, it would not have been possible. I am so thankful and blessed to have been able to be taken care of by such a great doctor and staff.

Thank you so much for your care and concerns, and making me feel great about myself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

When I first met Dr. Katzen I immediately liked him and knew that he was a person whom I could trust to take me through the delicate process of plastic and post weight-loss reconstruction. I knew him to be a cordial and gentle person with a great sense of humor.

So, when I began my plastic journey I chose Dr. Katzen. He was honest and up front with me about the whole process. He told me what to expect and he made me feel safe always. Even when I had minor complications that couldn't be avoided he was there the whole time. He held my hand while I cried like a baby telling him that I wanted to get better soon! He just smiled and told me "This is going to get better it just seems like it is bad. Each day you are getting better and better" I remember that moment very well because I needed it so badly. He has taken my calls whenever I needed him.

I know that I chose Dr. Katzen because I trusted his work as a surgeon but, I recommend him because I trust him as a friend. He is no longer a Dr. to me I consider him a friend of the family and I would put my life in his hands any day. Based on what I have seen from Dr. Katzen I wouldn't allow any other surgeon to do my plastics but, him. In short, I love you Dr. K.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

After losing 100 pounds because of radiation of my neck and not being able to eat, I was left with lots of excess abdominal skin and fat. I was 60 years old and was more then 150 pounds overweight for most of my life.

I called a general surgeon who had done surgery for me to get a plastic surgeon recommendation. I went to see him and was disappointed. A few weeks later I saw a medical T.V. show about a woman who lost 400 pounds that’s how I found out about Dr. Katzen and that he was nearby! I looked up his website and went to an informative meeting; I made an appointment and went to see him.

What a difference from the other guy!!! He was caring and so confident and methodical; I could tell he really knew what he was doing.

Dr. Katzen’s staff is very friendly and caring and did an excellent job on obtaining insurance coverage and scheduling the procedures.

The past year has been like a rebirth for me, including many first: Wearing belts, tucking in my shirts, having space between my stomach and the steering wheel (12inches). If you have any doubts, I say “GO FOR IT!!” Dr. Katzen and his awesome staff will be with you all the way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

When I look for a medical professional, I look for one who has 1) knowledge about his or her area of expertise, 2) has most excellent patient - doctor communication skills (this also includes listening to the patient), and 3) honesty of his or her limitations as well as "what he/she can do for me".   Dr. Katzen possesses all of this and more -- he especially has patience with his patients.

Dr. Katzen, with his experience and patients' feedback, is giving me hope and a passion to obtain an almost "normal-sized" body from an extremely short, Christmas tree shaped one.  Goodbye 3X pants and bottoms while wearing a size 12 top.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

As an RN, I work with surgeons everyday and see how they care for their patients. Most are too busy to be caring. Some are downright RUDE and COLD. Not Dr. “K.” He makes you feel special, never rushed. He has all the time you need, answers every question honestly. And safety is his bottom line. Patient safety.”

This is the story I call “The Velvet Dress.”

“TWENTY years ago I weighed 198 lbs, the smallest I ever had been as an adult. I bought a green velvet dress that didn’t quite fit. It was tight, but I figured 10 more pounds and it would be perfect. Well….those 10 pounds didn’t leave, they gained and gained and gained. Over the years I went up to 355. The dress hung in the spare closet. I couldn’t bear to get rid of it. Then WLS took 175 pounds off – I was 185! The dress should fit! It didn’t. My shape had changed. Despite being 185 lbs, it didn’t fit. My hips and thighs were shaped wrong. ARRRG!!

Enter Doctor Katzen. He reshaped my body. This last Christmas, I FINALLY wore my Green Velvet Dress. It fit beautifully. I felt like a million bucks. Losing the weight wasn’t enough. I had to change my shape. My skin that covered my 355 lb body hadn’t left. I lost 175lbs under that skin, but the outside just hung over the new me. Dr. Katzen uncovered that new me. I am now a different person – the person I sought to be. THANK YOU DOCTOR KATZEN !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Wow, what a great experience! My choice in choosing Dr Katzen was a wonderful one! In one word "Trust"! For in trusting myself to make the life changing choice to do my surgery, it gave me the courage to trust in the best surgeon I have ever had. Dr. Katzen and team has physically transformed my body into the woman I have always wanted to be! Taking this step in my life has further encouraged me to be the best I have ever been! Thank You Dr. Katzen and team you have helped me rock my world into the greatest me I have ever been!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Gastric bypass surgery has changed my life in many ways, but most importantly for me has been the increase in energy and the freedom to participate in any activities that I want.

Plastic surgery has helped me immensely with my self esteem and has given me the closure I needed of being ashamed and embarrassed with myself. Even after weight lost, I still had unsightly sagging skin and painful skin rashes that affected me in being able to completely be satisfied with myself.

The best part of being a post op is being able to share my experience with others and hopefully give them the motivation and lessen the fear they might have in going through what I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2836108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I met Dr. Katzen at a seminar. I was only going to have my arms repaired because they upset me the most even though I had more than that which needed to be reconstructed.

Well, I have to say what made me switch doctors in midstream and cancel the scheduled surgery with the other doctor was Dr. Katzen himself. He had a very put together presentation that was informative and more so, he was not trying to sell himself in the sense you feel from other doctors. He was offering a service to people who had suffered the ravages of obesity and telling us -look this is what I can do for you. I am not a miracle worker nor am I a "god,"...I am a person who can make you feel good about yourself again or maybe for the first time in your life. He never promised that you would look like a super model. In fact, Dr. Katzen had slides of people who had also been obese in different degrees and ages and showed what the results were. It was dramatic and especially in the sense that they gave realistic expectations.

After his presentation, I spoke with him on the floor of the conference room. Dr. Katzen was personable, knowledgeable and a very kind person.

When I had my initial consultation, I thought I was going to die a million deaths having to take my clothes off, but that was not the case with him. I was not uncomfortable and there was no distain on his face like I had already experienced by other doctors. He explained to me what he could do for me, and I just went for it.

I am here to say that Dr. Katzen is an amazing person and surgeon. His skills as a surgeon have by far surpassed my expectations. He is an artist using the human body as the canvas. Another thing about him that has never changed is his demeanor. He cares beyond belief which is not put on nor phony. He makes you feel like you are the one and only.

However beyond that and I must really stress this - Dr. Katzen is one of the most ethical people I have ever met and the integrity he possesses most people cannot hold a candle next to him. Dr. Katzen is a super star in my eyes and I will always be extraordinarily grateful to the man who gave me a gift that I could never put a price tag on. I able to hold my head up high and know how I feel about myself is all because of this gifted man. I have a body by katzen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I used to weigh 637 pounds and had a duodenal switch by Dr. Elariny.  I lost over 400 pounds.  I decided to travel from Tennessee to California to have my bodylift.  Dr. Katzen is well known for his success with the bodylift procedure following bariatric surgeries and other extreme weight-loss experiences.  I met Dr. Katzen in LA.  Talk about precious!  This man has a bedside manner that is nothing less than remarkable.  He immediately put my mind at ease and explained the procedures thoroughly, all the while smiling and asking if I had any concerns or questions.  He took time with me, and i felt as if my well being had became very important to him.  God has sent yet another angel to use his skilled hands to repair my body after years of abuse and indulgence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831020].votes_count ]]