You may also like

Rate Dr. J. Timothy Katzen

Dr. J. Timothy Katzen's Ratings

When I first decided to have plastic surgery, I interviewed 40 surgeons. Dr. Katzen stood out beyond everyone else. He was professional, artistic, kind and supportive. I knew I was in the right hands.

My surgery recovery had challenges but at no time did I feel alone. I knew I had the right person fighting my battle with me.

Dr. Katzen is an amazing person and surgeon. I was blessed to find him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763986].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

After losing 200 lbs., I was left with multiple layers of hanging skin. Dr Katzen has taken my body and sculpted it into something I thought I would only have in my dreams. He is the most amazing, talented surgeon and I recommend him to everyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Cindy. Her name was really Catherine but everyone called her Cathy, which she did not like because it sounded too much like "fatty." Cindy sounded like "slim" and "thin;" so, Cathy became Cindy. Every night Cindy would crawl into bed and pray that when she awoke, she would look like all the other children. "Please, God, let me be thin like everyone else."

Every morning Cindy would wake up and find that nothing had changed. She would have to face another humiliating day in the First Grade. "Moooooo." shouted the boys as they grabbed a hold of their desks and shook them when Cindy walked down the aisle to her seat in the classroom. Escaping from the cruel children meant that lunch and recess were to be spent hiding in the girls' bathroom. Cindy spent many years hiding and praying until her Fairy Godfather appeared.
On December 26th 2002 I had a gastric bypass and lost over 150-lbs., but I was still hiding and praying to look normal like other women. I wanted to wear sleeveless shirts, shorts and a bathing suit; clothing that most take for granted until they have to contend with tucking in massive amounts of skin. With over 50 pounds of loose skin hanging from my body, it seemed that the life I wanted was always just out of reach. When was that Fairy Godfather going to appear?

On May 10th 2007, after interviewing several plastic surgeons, I finally met Dr. Katzen, my "Fairy Godfather." He was very professional and immediately put me at ease. He took his time to educate me on the different procedures available. I was very impressed by his knowledge as well as his character. It was then that I started the process of removing the excessive skin from my thighs, stomach, arms and breasts. Dr. Katzen and his wonderful staff gently held my hand through eight months of reconstructive surgery.

On May 20th 2008 I am now able to say that my prayers were finally heard, and I now have an opportunity to live the life I've always dreamed of living. Dr. Katzen is a living, breathing, walking Angel on this Earth. He sees what most cannot. When he looked at my misshapen body, ravaged by years of morbid obesity, he saw the finished product already standing there. Dr. Katzen is more than a surgeon. He is an artist, a creator, an architect who designs miracles. I'm eternally grateful to him and his gifted skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I did it! I lost 150lbs through diet and exercise. The only problem was I looked worse at 160 lbs than I did at 303lbs. I had so much excess skin between my legs and at the apron of my belly.

I interviewed with several plastic surgeons but it wasn't until meeting Dr. Katzen that I felt secure enough to schedule such a major and elective surgery. I found Dr. Katzen to
be the total package. He offered me both experience with full body lifts and a warm and caring bedside manner. I met with two of his former patients and was confident that he had the skills to remove the excess skin from my body and re-shape me into something I
could be proud of.

It's been three years since my surgery. In the beginning I gained a few pounds as my body found its natural set point and remained there. I was nervous to see Dr. Katzen again because I've had experiences with doctors being less than kind about weight gain. But Dr.Katzen was comforting and assured me that my weight gain was not only minor but normal. If you are looking for a plastic surgeon that will offer you a high skill level, a warm heart and beautiful new body....Dr. Katzen is your man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

After losing 160 lbs, I couldn't stand my hanging "jelly belly" anymore
 and was ready for the next phase of my journey. Dr Katzen was very
professional yet so personable, too. He made me feel comfortable and
 showed compassion in my after care treatment. Also, the office staff has
 been very friendly and kind. I am convinced that Dr Katzen was the
perfect choice in my journey to a whole new me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I would like to first give my heartfelt thanks to Dr. Katzen and his wonderful staff. I know if you read all the testimonials from his patients, you will know what makes Dr. Katzen so extraordinary.

Until you are his patient, you will definitely understand how magnificent he is. There are so many amazing things to say and write about Dr. Katzen, but I will have to make it brief.

Let me begin by saying that Dr. Katzen has made me feel very comfortable and at ease from the first day of my consultation to the day of my surgery and throughout my follow up visits. He is one of the rare breeds of plastic surgeons that truly care about your well being. He has an incredible bedside manner and is very attentive to your needs. Dr. Katzen is a brilliant doctor and surgeon. He is a gift to his patients.

I am very pleased with my results. I know if I want anything else done, I am definitely coming back, no doubt about it! I recommend my family, friends, and anyone to Dr. Katzen. I’m truly glad that I have been blessed that he is my surgeon. My results speak for itself. THANK YOU.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2756939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

After having gastric bypass in 1992, I thought my biggest achievement would be walking and talking at the same time. In 2007 I found myself 151 lbs lighter and ready to set my sights on removing the excess skin from my body. I lived with the skin quite some time, until I one day realized that this journey for me was not complete. I made an appointment to see Dr. Katzen; from the minute I met him and his staff, my mind was made up. When I hit the door, I felt a sense of serenity and peace. I knew I was in good hands.

Dr. Katzen walks you through every step, so there is never an uneasy feeling. His office was in constant contact with my general practitioner to make sure that I was in the absolute best health before surgery. I had surgery December 6, 2007. The staff was waiting for me and ready when I came in, Dr. Katzen was right by my side, took pictures, marked me up for surgery and off I went. My daughter was in the waiting area and they came out every few minutes to make her feel at ease. When it was all over they brought her in and gave her a run down of my vitals and a clean bill of health. I woke up 7 lbs lighter and now I have a whole new self confidence. I went home and any concerns that developed no matter how minor, I called Dr. Katzen and he called back immediately. One best thing was that I was able to donate my skin. I am blessed that my source of pain, my excessive skin, will be used as a blessing to someone else. It doesn't get much better than that.

Summer is almost here and I am actually buying short sleeves. I thank God every day for the anointed hands of Dr. Katzen, he is a true gift.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

As I was researching for a plastic surgeon, I narrowed my findings based on the following: I chose Dr. Katzen mainly because many of his surgeries were done for wls people.

Now that I’ve had surgery with Dr. Katzen, I would say he is a very comforting doctor and I could genuinely feel that he cared about me and cared that the results I got were perfect.

He has high expectations and I like that, plus I felt safe with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

It has been a month and a couple of days since my surgery. I am so excited and pleased with the results of my abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).The surgery went even better than expected with no surprises and my recovery has been quick and pain free. My entire experience has been amazing and can't believe how great I look and how quickly I have recuperated. Dr. Katzen significantly changed the appearance of my loose skin, and stretch marks in my abdominal area. I have a completely flat tummy...Hey!! He has given me a new body. I am fortunate to have found such a wonderful, brilliant and gifted surgeon who's making his patients look and feel better. Thank you Dr. Katzen for a memorable experience with plastic surgery. Your skills and ability to turn dreams into reality are amazing. You and your staff are examples of what the practice of medicine and patient care should be. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery. I would recommend Dr. Katzen to anyone. He is an awesome plastic surgeon! Now I can truly say I have a Body by Katzen! In the future, if I need anything else done, I wont hesitate to come back! Thank you again for changing my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I had Gastric Bypass in April 2006 and had lost over 100 pounds. My body bounced back pretty well from the weight loss with the exception of my tummy area and the breasts. So I decided to look into the possibility of plastic surgery. I went to a few consultations however some plastic surgeons made me feel uncomfortable while others just didn't leave much of an impression. When I met Dr. Katzen at a weight loss seminar, I scheduled a free consult right away. I felt so comfortable with him immediately!

Dr. Katzen in 2008 performed a tummy tuck, breast reduction/lift and implants to give me the fullness at the top of the breast that I wanted. He listened to exactly what I wanted and that is exactly what I got!!

I am so glad that I chose Dr. Katzen as my surgeon and I cannot be happier with my results. He makes every patient feel special and he spends the amount of time you need to get all of your questions answered. He is patient, gentle, kind and his bedside manner is TOP NOTCH. I have recommended Dr. Katzen to many of my friends and will continue to recommend him to anyone who is looking for a genuinely sweet, caring, talented plastic surgeon. He transforms your body into what you could have only dreamed of!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2751719].votes_count ]]