Rate Dr. Elizabeth Fox

Dr. Elizabeth Fox's Ratings

I went to Dr. FOX for the first time four years ago and won't ever go to anyone else. I have had a full face lift, eyes done, fat transfer, lips and my tummy. I had only lived here in Fort Myers a short time and the first thing I wanted to do was find the best plastic surgeon. It didn't take long after asking every doctor and nurse I saw to find out that Dr. FOX in Naples was the only one to go to. I had already had many procedures done on my face including a facelift and forehead lift at 45, that was , 20 years ago. I had all of my previous work done in Arkansas. After my face lift at 45 I was so shocked when I found out it took almost a year to look like myself again. I told myself I would never do it again because even though my skin was tighter, I could never figure out why I looked so different from before and not in a good way. So as I aged I looked awful. One eyebrow was lower than the other after surgery and my skin on my forehead was pulled so tight that the skin split open. So for all this time I lived with this scar on my forehead. My husband was very kind only telling me one time I looked better before. Not only had I not aged well but needed to see if anyone could repair and correct. I lived in Atlanta for 5 years and found out there that most plastic surgeons would not even touch my eyes since they had been done twice before. I wanted to get rid of the sagging skin and wrinkles all over my face and neck, which I had never done before, thinking that I would have to live with the mistakes made by previous doctors.

I am now 66 and feel and look better than I have ever looked. Dr. FOX is amazing. From the moment I met her I was not nervous about any procedure I did or will ever do and she has done many on me. She has been able to correct every problem and mistake that I had. My eyebrows match, my scare is almost gone and I have no wrinkles or sagging.

Having surgery at Dr. FOX is like no other place. She makes the procedure a breeze. I have never had one bruise after Dr. FOX'S surgeries. After my face lift I was even able to go to my step sons wedding one month out after having surgery and no one new except my husband. If you haven't seen her facilities you are in for a treat. My husband was so thankful that he didn't have to take care of me because I stayed in her overnight facilities which were awesome. They will let you stay as long as you want so I never needed a caregiver when I got home. All the staff that took care of me were wonderful. I truly believe that Dr. FOX is not only a true artist on the face but the advantages she has being a woman is what keeps her patients from bruising because she is so gentle and she looks right at you and sees what you see in your face that you want to fix immediately. Now, I go back in for smaller things but always look forward to it because I always come out looking better.

Kathy, Fort Myers, Fl

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2562996].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

After two children, and a large amount of weight loss, I needed some real help on my stomach. I did a lot of research on plastic surgeons before selecting Dr. Elizabeth Fox. I consulted with her twice before finally deciding on a full tummy tuck with hip liposuction. She was truly interested in helping me as an individual; she listened to my concerns and she understood my fear of surgery and worries about a long recovery. I’m a business owner, and I can’t take off a few weeks to pamper myself. I also had an upcoming wedding to attend in 3 weeks, and my own daughter’s wedding in 8 weeks. I worried I was biting off more than I could chew, but I went for it anyway.

I had surgery on a Friday morning. Kim, the nurse who got me all set up, was simply wonderful, and the surgery went off without a hitch. I spent the next 30 hours enjoying aftercare in their recovery center, and was well pampered by Kim, Sam and Nancy. All three were wonderful and concerned with my comfort. Before I left the next day, Kim taught me everything I needed to know to take care of myself on my own. Doctor Fox also came to check on me, and was just as kind and attentive as the day I met her.

I would say that the first three days after a tummy tuck are the hardest. Yes, you will need those pain pills, and yes you will need to rest. However, you also need to walk. If you want to heal fast, WALK every hour. As my body was healing, my energy was a bit sapped, but came back more each day. My husband took me out to dinner on day 6; I went furniture shopping on day 8, and I was back to work on day 10. Don’t let anyone scare you out of getting a tummy tuck because of the “pain” of it.

Since my procedure, each time I’ve seen Dr. Fox or any of her staff, all have been just as great as the day I met them. What a wonderful group of people. I had a fabulous experience and am so happy my results. If I want to “fix” any other part of me in the future, I’m going straight back to Dr. Fox. She is just amazing!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2550019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I had a very good experience with my face, neck and arm lift. Staying over night for 2 nights under the care of Kim and Sammy is worth every penny. My appointments have been timely and I did not bruise and am very happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2547905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Thinking about using Dr. Fox for plastic surgery? Think again because this is what you will get: Initial consultation = Great lady and interested in "making you better". Staff is on top of your first appointment and setting up the surgery date. Day of surgery = Didn't actually see the Dr. prior to being taken in to the surgery room. Post surgery = Dr. sends a "nurse" to check on you that evening (this nurse by the way is extremely pissy and doesn't actually "work" for Dr. Fox so any issues you have as long as they are not life threatening have to be put on hold until the next day you can call Dr. Fox). Follow up visits are done with Dr. Fox usually not even know what visit you are on (the day after the surgery for the follow up, the Dr. stated "So let's see how your 6-months is doing...") and she also only looks at you for about 2 minutes and then heads out of the room. After the initial visit, the Dr. will reschedule nearly every time. Then a capsular contracture issue occurred and the Dr. prescribed meds, then decided to pull them off of me taking them, then put me back on for a short period, then back off, then back on and asked if I had any leftover pills still and to just take those instead of a new prescription. Capsular contracture issue did not seem like it was a concern to her. Luckily it did not get worse for me. After numerous other times of attempting to schedule follow up appointments and having them rescheduled literally the day before the appointment, I decided to ask for my medical chart from their office. They said the request would need to be in writing. I sent a certified letter, an email, and regular letter and even showed up in person. Not one response. Would not schedule an appointment from me there after. When I couldn't schedule an appointment, I had friends call in to schedule an appointment for a new consult and they had no problems or issues with making and appointment. After months of not hearing from the Dr., I met with another surgeon about the issue. Their office sent a request for the document and they were never furnished a copy. I finally put in a complaint to the State about the issue. They asked for her file and in her responses, she said either A) I had taken it, or B) she didn't know where they were. The State opened up an investigation into her about the matter and I sure hope they penalize her or at least she is spending an arm and a leg having her lawyer work on it. FYI, she just secured a television deal in "Paradise Coast Wives" doing a reality show of high end wives in the area, much like the other "Real Housewives" shows out there. Her "bio" for the show says "Elizabeth Fox, M.D. is a top plastic surgeon in Naples and mother of two sons. She is also an accomplished solo pianist and violinist. And, she is lover of Italian architecture. She works with Hollywood stars and spends time in Los Angeles taking care of her "A" list clients. But, you'll also find her not spending a great deal of time in her organic garden, digging in the dirt with her boys." Your rescheduling issues will probably be because she values her "A"list clients or her organic garden more than your well-being. Her staff has also probably turned over at least 10 times since we started working with her so she seems to be the biggest problem at her firm. DO NOT GO TO HER!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I should have listened to the reviews about Dr. Fox being dismissive and rude. I was happy with my tummy tuck but the way I have been treated after is insane. Almost ever appointment I made some how did not get scheduled. Despite the fact that I had appointment cards written on by different members of her staff. My last appointment I was put in a room not knowing they did not have me on the schedule again. As I started to undress the door flies open and Dr. Fox in a rude , arrogant tone tells me I arrived again with out an appointment. I have four kids and a husband who I schedule his work appointments and I have never had a problem making sure I have appointments correct. She refuses to accept that her staff, that has turned over numerous times in the few months I was associated with her, made serious mistakes. She had no problems treating me like an imbecile. Usually if someone is upset most business or medical professionals would try to reach out to resolve the concerns. This is not the case for her it's like she has your money and so she is done with you. So if you want to spend money to be treated like an idiot by all means see Dr. Fox.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Dr. Fox is very skilled, and is primarily concerned with her patient's well-being. Having, said that, cosmetic surgery is surgery and there is some discomfort. Prior o contacting Dr. Fox, I had a C-section and an urgent hysterectomy with left me with a distended abdominal wall and hanging flesh and no muscle tone. No amount of exercise would eliminate the bulging and sagging. After a tummy tuck, I have a pleasant surprise, I do not have to get up six or more times a night to relieve my bladder, and I can now bend down from the waist whereas before I had to get on my knees to bend down. My stomach muscles are tighter and I feel stronger. A tummy tuck. for me, was not merely cosmetic, it was necessary for me to continue to live the way I would like to. Not having to stop at every bathroom. Having said, that, it is still surgery and initially uncomfortable, but the benefits go beyond cosmetic. Add, to that, Dr. Fox's after surgery facility and her wonderful staff, Kim & Sam

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2387911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr Fox very carefully explained every procedure she recommended for me & what results I could expect. The staff & she explained all the risks involved. The day of surgery everyone was very professional including Dr. Fox, anesthesiologist & nurses. I stayed 2 nights at her facility & the care & attention I received was wonderful. I have had 2 follow up visits so far & both were on time . All of my questions have been answered & my results so far are even better than I hoped for.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2387910].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I have had several surgeries and treatments with Dr Fox. I would highly recommend her to all my friends and associates. She is clearly more knowledgeable regarding the female body and psyche. She is very detail oriented and keeps up to date on the newest technology. Dr Fox will be my lifelong specialist for facial/body rejuvenation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2387909].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

My experience with Dr. Fox and her staff was exceptional. I went in because I felt my neck and face were beginning to show their age and I wanted to look as young as I feel. I was considering a neck and facelift, but Dr. Fox recommended only a neck-lift with some minimal fat injections to the face. I was impressed with her right from the start. The after care was remarkable and exceeded my expectations. I am still healing, but very pleased.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2387908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr.Fox is extraordinary. After much exercising I turned to her for a tummy tuck to rid excess skin and fat from babies and long term medication. She has far exceeded expectations. Her careful analysis and suggestions have given me new confidence. My bags under my eyes are gone, my jawline restored and my friends all say how I have new sparkle and look rested. The experience was phenomenal from the initial consult through the procedures in a wonderful two day stay with Kim,through the constant care by Sherry and all the staff. Everything is explained in great detail, and every facet of your care and aftercare provided in writing. And my tummy rolls are gone. My husband was so thrilled with Dr Fox and the process that he is having procedures done. The thought and care in the plans Dr Fox make centered around the patient is so evident. Highly recommend Dr. Fox.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2387907].votes_count ]]