Rate Dr. William E. Silver

Dr. William E. Silver's Ratings

I went to Dr. Silver in 1998 to see what he could do to help my naso-labial lines from sagging at the age of 38. He suggested that I have fat taken from my stomach and injected into the lines to plump them up. He also suggested i have upper eye lid surgery, which I hadn't even considered and to have some fat removed from underneath my chin. The outcome of this surgery was atrocious. My eyes were scarred, the fat he injected on my naso-labial lines made me look like a chipmunk, and the skin under my chin hung unevenly. I am now 64 and had my eyelids redone because one of them was half closed, and I had a Band-Aid face lift and a neck lift done. Finally after all these years I look normal again. Do not go to this doctor. There are too many competent plastic surgeons to go to than can fix your face. Better yet don't have any surgery unless your face is disfigured in some way. Look into using botox or juvederm. They don't last forever so they are a safer route. Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2387933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

My nose was a mess and Nine months ago Dr Silver performed Rhinoplasty , Septoplasty and Turboplasty. Dr Silver did an amazing job, I had zero pain and healed super fast. At first I didn't like my nose because it was so different, but now that all the swelling went down I love it. It's an awesome feeling being able to breath out of my nose.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2387932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

I'm an African American male that has an extremely wide/ flat nose. I went to Dr. Silver to have the nose reshaped. I wanted it much thinner and with a more defined bridge. After 18 months I have realized that my rhinoplasty is not what I hoped. The nose is still too wide and It is also asymmetrical. My main goal was for people not to look at me and consider me to have a "big" nose, however, people that I met AFTER the surgery still consider me to have a "big wide nose". So it kind of defeated the purpose. Yes the nose was changed, but it just made the problem a little smaller and more lopsided.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

I went in for rhinoplasty in March 2008. I wish I could turn back time and not get it done with this hack. After 6 months my nose was deformed and lumpy. He swore it was just swelling. I went to him for "cortisone injections" for about 2 years, conveniently the same amount of time as the statute of limitations in GA to sue. My nose is worse now than it was before and NOW i have to pay 25,000 for REVISION rhinoplasty with another, more qualified doctor. BEWARE, patients, he does NOT listen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2013

I am beyond unsatisfied with my revision rhinoplasty done by Dr. Silver. If I could go back in time, I would NEVER have surgery with him. He made my nose too small for my face, added two incisions that gave me new scars, brought my nose down too far, over exposed my nostrils, and made my nose asymmetrical in almost every way possible. My nose looks "fake" and "plastic-y" (as some say). I wanted to look natural. My face has been mutilated by William Silver -- who insulted me and denied my concerns post-op saying that I needed counseling and was over-reacting. I am completely disgusted by his ego and sexism. He speaks down to women and manipulates you if you say anything he doesn't like. He refused a refund to me and insulted me to my face. If you say that you don't like his results, he will turn the tables on you and call you picky or psychologically unstable. His staff is all visibly scared of him. Run from this monster who won't make thins right when he makes them go VERY wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2012

I went to Dr. Silver for protruding ears (otoplasty). He pinned my ears way too far back at first. I made him release the internal sutures a little bit about a week later to look more normal. Now my ears are asymmetric. I'm not sure this guy understands how things should look. Additionally, when we took the dressing off he just walked out of the room without discussing a proper post-surgery care regimen and without asking me if I was even happy with the results. He then left sutures in about a week longer than almost any other surgeon would have which has the potential to leave unsightly scars. Save the money and go elsewhere. Additionally, plastic surgeons in Atlanta were surprisingly expensive for this. If I could go back to day one, I would have flown out to Dr. Lam in Dallas or Dr. Steiger in Florida, had it done by a more competent surgeon, and still saved money. Go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I extensively researched surgeons to perform my rhinoplasty revision~ Dr. William Silver was always at the top of the list. He met with me & my husband on a few different occasions prior to me committing to the surgery. His knowledge of rhinoplasty revision, attention to the fine details & high level of communication with me was outstanding. I am now 1 week post splint removal & am beyond ecstatic with the results of my surgery. He is truly at the top in his field. Anyone considering rhinoplasty or a revision should consult with Dr. Silver. My only wish is that he had performed my initial surgery back in '98. As a side note: I had a facial prior to my surgery then once my splint was removed they performed a lymphatic drainage treatment to reduce swelling in my face~ Again, I only have wonderful things to say~ Their prices are in line w/ other medical aesthetic facilities; attention to detail is fantastic; All in all I felt very well taken care of from everyone on Dr. Silver's staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2011

I am devastated and wish I had my old nose back. Dr. Silver took too much off one side as a result I have one "vertical" nostril and one "horizontal" nostril. He made my nostrils very visible by "tipping up" the tip so people can see up my nose when I am face-on and not just when I'm "looking down" with my head back. I wish I had never had him do my nose as I looked much better before. I asked him to be "conservative" when narrowing my nose and he was not. He took much more off than we agreed on before the surgery. I strongly regret having my nose done by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2010

He was very patient, thoughtful, and allowed me to tell him was I wanted to see changed. He the spent all the time I needed to understand how he planned to reach our goals. He was very thourough and them had one of his patient care staff sit down with me to make sure I understood the procedure that was recommended and what the cost would be. She then told me if I scheduled the surgery that I would sit down with Dr. Silver one more time to review all the points that were discussed in the consultation. She also told me that if I wanted to talk with him on another visit that was included in the consultation. I could even bring in my husband if I wanted to. After I got home I received a nice letter from the patient care person again going over all the details of my visit. I schedule surgery, saw Dr. Silver on the pre-op visit and the surgery which was performed at the Surgery Center next to his office turned out great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593680].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2010

Dr.Silver is known for the best "nose jobs" in town and I finally just recently had the honor of having my nose done by him (long overdue) and he was amazing, it looks perfect, exactly what I asked for and he took a lot of time with me to take wheat I wanteded and then discuss with me the exact mathmatical porportions that were considered attractive from an artistic esthetic point of view and together we came up with the perfect nose for me and not the nose from the picture of Angelia Jolie I had originally went to my consultation with in hand.He was very gently with me and I believe he would have given me that nose if I would have insisted but he didnt and I am glad he gave me "my nose, me just a little better" as I believe he stated and not a famous actresses nose attached to my face in disporportion. 5 Star Nose Job! I love it and Dr. Silver for changing my life with the work he did!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][593679].votes_count ]]