Rate Dr. A. Lee Dellon

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Ratings

I had a thumb that would not function (a trigger finger) - it hurt and was impacting my work and daily life. I had never had an operation before; never even had a stitch even though I am in my late 60's. Dr. Dellon and his staff were fantastic - the operation was literally pain free and I now have a perfectly functional thumb. The whole experience was a positive adventure for me from the scheduling of the procedure, to being greeted at the Surgical Center, to being prepared for the procedure, the procedure itself and finally post-op. The staff, facilities and overall atmosphere were positive, informative, friendly and supportive, including the follow-up to make sure that I was healing and feeling well. Dr. Dellon gets an A++++ from me. Robert Ethan NJ

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2551916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Dellon 18 months after I tore my hamstring. After trying everything possible, I had a PRP injection which was successful in treating the hamstring. Unfortunately, I was left with nerve pain . My Sports Medicine Doctor decided to send me to Dr. Dellon who did surgery on 10/11/13. The Postoperative diagnoses was Neuroma of the left perineal branch, neuroma of the left inferior gluteal branch & neuroma of the main branch of the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve. This entailed resection of the neuromas & implantation of the nerves into the gluteus miximus muscle
Prior to my surgery, I flew to Baltimore and met Dr. Dellon and Luiann. Luiann spent so much time on the phone and helping us with our insurance. Dr. Dellon would answer all of our emails in a timely manner. He is very worm, brilliant and has confidence in himself, and has kept a sense of humor. I went into this knowing I was paying cash and had no idea how much I would get reimbursed by my insurance company. I had been in pain for so long, and could no longer do the norma day to day funtions due to pain. It was worth taking this chance as he was my last resort.
It is now 10 months later and I am no longer in pain. Recuperation was not as easy as I thought it would be. There is a trade off with this surgery as there are areas of numbness on my thigh.
Dr. Dellon still keeps in contact to see how I am doing. If I had the choice, I would do it again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517485].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Hi, this is Cathy, from the New Orleans area. This is an update to my July 14th post.
My incisions are very well healed. The stitches were removed two weeks after surgery. Dr dellon and I have been emailing to keep in touch as I recover from surgery on the rectal branches of the pudendal nerve. I wish I could fly to Baltimore for check ups but that being expensive I am so glad Dr Dellon is willing to communicate often with me about my progress. I am in warm water therapy to help the nerves heal and regain normal function. It's a slow process and sometimes very frustrating that I am not pain free yet. I understand that it may take many months to recover but I am hoping for improvement and am confident that if I follow his lead, I will be much better than I was before surgery.
My experience with him and the entire office staff was wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone who has not found relief from the chronic pain of peripheral nerve damage. He was very attentive and spent a great deal of time with me. He was at my bedside as the anesthesia was administered and visited me in the hotel room the very next morning since I had outpatient surgery. He is a very compassionate doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2507464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

My experiences with Dr D have been excellent. The "4" given for punctuality is easily explained. He takes time with his patients. I think this is so important. He made me feel very comfortable talking about pain in an area not so easy to talk about...pudendal nerve pain. Prior to my appointment, I spoke with Luiann on the phone for at least 45 minutes. She asked many questions about my condition. She did not want me to waste my time and money since I was flying from New Orleans for a consult. She assured me that it was worth coming in for a consult since Dr D had helped many with similar symptoms. After tear two years of suffering in pain management, I researched my symptoms and found Dr D on my own. I've now had out patient surgery with no complications one week ago.He came to my hotel room for check up. I flew home that night. I am healing well and the pain is subsiding. Most pain is from incision area. I am looking forward to water therapy. So far I am very positive. Update later

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2388004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

After two inguinal hernia surgeries I was left in debilitating pain in my groin area, so much so even wearing a belt was impossible. Attempts by other doctors to repair the nerve damage were unsuccessful and two of these Dr's totted themselves as national experts on groin pain but no relief was had. Finally, out of desperation, I found Dr. Dellon and made my initial consultation. I was pleased with the consultation and surgery was scheduled (I was NOT looking forward to yet another surgery but was at my wits end). Day of surgery my area had a snow storm and Dr Dellon personally called me several times to work on rescheduling. What other Dr's did not find and correct Dr. Dellon did and I am significantly better, I can wear a belt, play with grand kids, and do other things I could not do for 20+ years. Without question I highly recommend Dr. Dellon. For me pmnt is a personal matter but do not let that keep you from scheduling an appt. and discussing your problems with him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2388006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Dr. Dellon is the most knowledgeable and helpful Doctor I have seen. I have a rare case of nerve damage and have been undiagnosed and in pain for over 15 months. I have seen many specialist, with zero results. Dr. Dellon knew exactly what was wrong with me the first time we spoke. He does not accept insurance but does help to provide you with the basics needed to pay cash and then submit your own claim to the insurance company for reimbursement. It was not easy and I had to do some supplemental research but I was able to get 90% of my bill reimbursed with the help of his office staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2388005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Thanks to Dr. Dellon my 16 year old daughter was given her life back. We searched for more than 9 months for a diagnosis. She was unable to walk and had to do her schooling online. This was a very dark and sad time in her young life. She had become a shut- in . Before her injury she was an avid barrel racer. She was no longer able to enjoy this or any other activity. After a consultation with Dr. Dellon, he was able to find the cause of her pain, which would take two surgeries to correct. She has since regained the ability to walk and is competing on her horse again. His wife Luiann and the rest of his staff were a complete delight. I would and have recommended Dr. Dellon without hesitation. He was a God send to our family and we will forever be grateful !!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][594636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2014

Prior to my 2010 accident I was in excellent health. I was referred to Dr. Dellon in 2012 by Duke Health. The Dellon staff carefully prepared for my first office visit, requesting prior medical records. Dr. Dellon diagnosed the nature of the problem, cause and types of corrective options available to help me. Within approx. a month I began my road to recovery with the first of to be 5 surgeries of 16 different incisions correcting nerve compressions. The Dellon staff kindly and seamlessly connected us with the Health Center where the staff was also knowledgeable, thorough and caring. He would personally call and come to the hotel to check on me following each visit and he provided his personal contact for my use. He is still is available for questions, is extremely knowledgeable and precise in care for me. I would NOT hesitate to recommend him, his staff or his affiliations for the life restoration he provides. He is a doctor of excellence and a caring person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][594635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

Dr. Dellon resurrected my life. He operated on both my feet, one year apart and I became a runner! I love running 3 miles several times per week. -- Suggestions for prospective patients: 1) Dr. Dellon invented both the nerve surgery that he performs, as well as the machine that tests nerves. 2) He knows exactly what he is doing. 3) Patients Must Follow His Instructions! When he says not to stand on your foot for 30 days he means it! A patient can ruin the surgery by doing too much too quickly. 4) I will say it again - whatever instructions Dr. Dellon gives you post-operatively, you Must do EXACTLY as he recommends. 5) I take issue with the complaints below for this reason. -- I had a beautiful outcome with 2 surgeries done by Dr. Dellon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][594634].votes_count ]]