You may also like

Rate Dr. A. Lee Dellon

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Ratings

After seeing 20 doctors in Denver s n InterStim trial, physical therapy for one year, and a Pudendal nerve block that set my lower abdominal area on Fire I flew to Dr Dellon. In one hour he diagnosed me correctly with ilioinguinal and genitofemrol neuroma. I flew back to Denver and had the nerves block which provided 100% material relief. I have not proceeded with surgery
But Dr Dellon knows what he is doing. What so many physicians struggle to learn comes very natural to Dr Dellon. I hope his chapter on Pelvic and groin pain become a requirement for the obgyn's as I also had a partial hysterectomy for this pain, which was unnecessary. Most obgyn 's don't consider nerves as a source of pain and women seek their obgyn when presented with pelvic pain. Have pain and need help? Seek Dr Dellon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

He either fixes the problem or makes it 10x worse. When he does not fix it he will call you crazy and you did something to mess up surgery. If you don't mind be a guinea pig go for it. I'm sure he helped a lot of people and he has hurt a lot of people. I guess that is the chance you take with him. Wish I would of ran like hek from him. Had another dr do what Dellon was supposed to do in the first place and now its fixed after a year of Dellons surgery pain. I was on so much pain meds after his surgery which did not help with nerve pain. The Dr that fixed his mess up I did not have to take one pain med. I get tired of reading peoples reviews telling the people he did hurt that they are crazy and he is the greatest. Not everyone has had success and glad you did but these people where truly caused a lot of pain by him. Some of his procedures are very questionable and he himself does not know what the outcome will be. So yes you may be a guinea pig like myself was or you may get lucky and he will fix the problem.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2755727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

We have had 2 separate experiences with Dr. Dellon and both were EXCELLENT. After 7 months of seeing numerous specialists and having my daughter subjected to a ridiculous amount of tests, some quite painful, NO ONE was able to give us a correct diagnosis. I reached out to Dr Dellon on a late Sunday evening via email and on Monday morning I was greeted with a reply inviting us to come in for a consultation and his certainty that he could help. We saw Dr. Dellon on Tuesday and received a non-painful test, had surgery on Thursday and had immediate pain relief from 2 impinged nerves. We have been pain free since 2011.
Our second time was in 2013 when after a botched appendectomy by an ER doctor led to trapped nerves in the abdominal area. Dr. Dellon was just checking in with us, like he normally does from time to time, to see how my daughter was doing and I mentioned all the pain she was experiencing. He offered to take a look at her because the symptoms were indicative of trapped nerves (which not ONE of the doctors currently treating her were able to diagnose) once again we scheduled surgery and she has been pain free since. I have found him to be caring, knowledgeable and realistic about the treatment plan that he offers. He and his staff do amazing work!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2709597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

Run for your life and save your money. Dr. Dillon will take it all and you will still have pain and no money.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2705994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Dellon by a neurosurgeon in Washington DC who had been a student of Dr. Dellon’s. He told me that Dr. Dellon takes the difficult cases that ones that other doctors are not able to achieve. He advised me that Dr. Dellon’s reputation is world class. He has been a pioneer in micro neurosurgery since the 1970s and is one of the world’s leading surgeons in this area.
I went to see Dr. Dellon in the summer of 2014, and he evaluated all the diagnostics in my file and indicated that he felt he could provide me material relief. This was the first surgeon who indicated this so confidently. I decided to pursue the proposed surgery and to go with Dr. Dellon, for the main reason that Dr. Dellon is one of the world’s most experienced surgeons in this area and I wanted a surgeon that would know what to do no matter what he discovered once he opened up my ankle. Dr. Dellon has not only been performing some of these procedures for decades, but he invented many of them. This was a complicated surgery with 6 distinct procedures and it was very delicate. Given this complexity and the fact that I had already been through two failed surgeries, with worse resulting pain, I could not afford to pick a surgeon that gave did not give me full confidence in his abilities to handle pretty much whatever he encountered.
After the surgery, I felt an improvement within several days. This was the most improvement I’d seen in 6 years, and it only took several days. Dr. Dellon indicates that the symptoms should continue to improve over the coming year as the nerve gradually regenerates and heals. This is the first surgeon who has actually helped me.
Dr. Dellon’s staff was also so considerate and compassionate, from Rita the surgical coordinator, to Luiann, who helps patients through insurance issues, I felt like I was truly ‘cared for’, which is unique in today’s medicine.
For anyone without hope, I would suggest you contact Dr. Dellon. If anyone can help you, it would be him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2679092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2015

Dr Dellon was the doctor who gave me hope. After a unsuccessful Achilles tendon surgery that left me with no nerve function from the knee down, Dr. Dellon recognized the problem and through surgery gave me movement and feeling again. Several doctors warned me not to visit Dr. Dellon even went onto say his methods were questionable. However what I found was the only M.D. And Ph.D in perpherial nerve surgery in the world. He and his wife and office staff made my trip well worth it. I would say to you after 20 years in law enforcement in the State Police I know how serious injuries can be and my leg paralysis was severe and serious Dr. Dellon placed me on the road to recovery and I will forever be thankful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2671070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr. Dellon worked a miracle in almost eliminating the disastrous nerve pain I felt in my right knee following a total knee replacement. He's one of the most caring physicians I've ever encountered.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2670139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

I had a cystectomy in 1990 and something was wrong when I awakened from the surgery done at Stanford Hospital completed by a 2 urologists working at Stanford Medical Center at the time. I have had many many surgeries to try to resolve my problems by many many different doctors all over this country. Nobody seemed to have an answer. I was told about Dr. Dellon by a doctor at UCSF and I contacted Dr. Dellon. Dr. Dellon himself answered me via email that he was in another country at the time, but he answered my questions that to see him I didn't have to go to Baltimore, MD, that he does surgeries in Henderson, Nevada. I made an appointment to see him. I saw him the first time on July 22, 2014 and he had already answered many of my questions previously. Every time I had a question he was very quick to respond. When I had the office visit with him on July 22, 2014 I was greeted by his wife, Luiann, who was extremely nice and genuine and showed me to the exam. room. Dr. Dellon came in and examined me and we talked about everything that he felt should be done and we discussed all my symptoms and doctors I had been to and all the surgeries I have had. He assured me he could help me. I was able to have surgery on July 23, 2014 that was preplanned in part before I ever saw him; I could have canceled if I had wanted. I had surgery my Dr. Dellon on July 23, 2014 at which time he discovered that apparently during the cystectomy in 1990 the doctor had placed mesh in the pubic/pelvic area of my body and there was a large amount of scar tissue and nerves growing into the mesh. Dr. Dellon was able to get the mesh and scar tissue out in which a lot of nerve endings were cut. I have felt so very much better since the surgery.....I just can't say enough about how much better I feel and that I finally found a doctor that knows what he's talking about. I have another small area that apparently has some small bands of scar tissue just under the skin that has also been there since 1990. I am having surgery on Jan. 7, 2015 by Dr. Dellon in Henderson, Nevada to resolve this problem as it hurts to sit down because of this problem. I am extremely happy with Dr. Dellon and Luiann Greer........they are wonderful, caring people and I am so thankful I was referred to Dr. Dellon, because if I hadn't I would never have gotten out of so much pain and discomfort and I would have had to spend the rest of my life doing basically nothing......I'm able to do so much more now...much more...than before and if this upcoming surgery works the way myself and Dr. Dellon feel it could and will, I will be able to return to enjoying life to its fullest again. So in my opinion, Dr. Dellon is the greatest doctor there is with no exception. Dr. Dellon is the only doctor I've ever known that will actually respond himself to any questions or concerns I have had at any time. There is no doctor except him that I have ever seen do that. Dr. Dellon is an exceptional doctor and it's too bad more doctors do not have his ethics. DR. DELLON IS GREAT!! DR. DELLON IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, CARING, AND WANTING TO HELP US PATIENTS THAT ARE IN SO MUCH PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. THANK YOU DR. DELLON!! HE IS THE BEST SURGEON THERE IS!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

I have had 13 shoulder surgeries prior to connecting with Dr. Dellon. He promptly diagnosed by problem, let me know how he would operate to correct it, how much it would cost and what the recovery period would be. He is, without a doubt, the best surgeon I have come in contact with

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2670093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

Skillful and uncommonly creative in his approach .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2670043].votes_count ]]