Rate Dr. A. Lee Dellon

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Dellon by a neurosurgeon in Washington DC who had been a student of Dr. Dellon’s. He told me that Dr. Dellon takes the difficult cases that ones that other doctors are not able to achieve. He advised me that Dr. Dellon’s reputation is world class. He has been a pioneer in micro neurosurgery since the 1970s and is one of the world’s leading surgeons in this area.
I went to see Dr. Dellon in the summer of 2014, and he evaluated all the diagnostics in my file and indicated that he felt he could provide me material relief. This was the first surgeon who indicated this so confidently. I decided to pursue the proposed surgery and to go with Dr. Dellon, for the main reason that Dr. Dellon is one of the world’s most experienced surgeons in this area and I wanted a surgeon that would know what to do no matter what he discovered once he opened up my ankle. Dr. Dellon has not only been performing some of these procedures for decades, but he invented many of them. This was a complicated surgery with 6 distinct procedures and it was very delicate. Given this complexity and the fact that I had already been through two failed surgeries, with worse resulting pain, I could not afford to pick a surgeon that gave did not give me full confidence in his abilities to handle pretty much whatever he encountered.
After the surgery, I felt an improvement within several days. This was the most improvement I’d seen in 6 years, and it only took several days. Dr. Dellon indicates that the symptoms should continue to improve over the coming year as the nerve gradually regenerates and heals. This is the first surgeon who has actually helped me.
Dr. Dellon’s staff was also so considerate and compassionate, from Rita the surgical coordinator, to Luiann, who helps patients through insurance issues, I felt like I was truly ‘cared for’, which is unique in today’s medicine.
For anyone without hope, I would suggest you contact Dr. Dellon. If anyone can help you, it would be him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2015

Dr Dellon was the doctor who gave me hope. After a unsuccessful Achilles tendon surgery that left me with no nerve function from the knee down, Dr. Dellon recognized the problem and through surgery gave me movement and feeling again. Several doctors warned me not to visit Dr. Dellon even went onto say his methods were questionable. However what I found was the only M.D. And Ph.D in perpherial nerve surgery in the world. He and his wife and office staff made my trip well worth it. I would say to you after 20 years in law enforcement in the State Police I know how serious injuries can be and my leg paralysis was severe and serious Dr. Dellon placed me on the road to recovery and I will forever be thankful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr. Dellon worked a miracle in almost eliminating the disastrous nerve pain I felt in my right knee following a total knee replacement. He's one of the most caring physicians I've ever encountered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

I had a cystectomy in 1990 and something was wrong when I awakened from the surgery done at Stanford Hospital completed by a 2 urologists working at Stanford Medical Center at the time. I have had many many surgeries to try to resolve my problems by many many different doctors all over this country. Nobody seemed to have an answer. I was told about Dr. Dellon by a doctor at UCSF and I contacted Dr. Dellon. Dr. Dellon himself answered me via email that he was in another country at the time, but he answered my questions that to see him I didn't have to go to Baltimore, MD, that he does surgeries in Henderson, Nevada. I made an appointment to see him. I saw him the first time on July 22, 2014 and he had already answered many of my questions previously. Every time I had a question he was very quick to respond. When I had the office visit with him on July 22, 2014 I was greeted by his wife, Luiann, who was extremely nice and genuine and showed me to the exam. room. Dr. Dellon came in and examined me and we talked about everything that he felt should be done and we discussed all my symptoms and doctors I had been to and all the surgeries I have had. He assured me he could help me. I was able to have surgery on July 23, 2014 that was preplanned in part before I ever saw him; I could have canceled if I had wanted. I had surgery my Dr. Dellon on July 23, 2014 at which time he discovered that apparently during the cystectomy in 1990 the doctor had placed mesh in the pubic/pelvic area of my body and there was a large amount of scar tissue and nerves growing into the mesh. Dr. Dellon was able to get the mesh and scar tissue out in which a lot of nerve endings were cut. I have felt so very much better since the surgery.....I just can't say enough about how much better I feel and that I finally found a doctor that knows what he's talking about. I have another small area that apparently has some small bands of scar tissue just under the skin that has also been there since 1990. I am having surgery on Jan. 7, 2015 by Dr. Dellon in Henderson, Nevada to resolve this problem as it hurts to sit down because of this problem. I am extremely happy with Dr. Dellon and Luiann Greer........they are wonderful, caring people and I am so thankful I was referred to Dr. Dellon, because if I hadn't I would never have gotten out of so much pain and discomfort and I would have had to spend the rest of my life doing basically nothing......I'm able to do so much more now...much more...than before and if this upcoming surgery works the way myself and Dr. Dellon feel it could and will, I will be able to return to enjoying life to its fullest again. So in my opinion, Dr. Dellon is the greatest doctor there is with no exception. Dr. Dellon is the only doctor I've ever known that will actually respond himself to any questions or concerns I have had at any time. There is no doctor except him that I have ever seen do that. Dr. Dellon is an exceptional doctor and it's too bad more doctors do not have his ethics. DR. DELLON IS GREAT!! DR. DELLON IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE, CARING, AND WANTING TO HELP US PATIENTS THAT ARE IN SO MUCH PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. THANK YOU DR. DELLON!! HE IS THE BEST SURGEON THERE IS!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

I have had 13 shoulder surgeries prior to connecting with Dr. Dellon. He promptly diagnosed by problem, let me know how he would operate to correct it, how much it would cost and what the recovery period would be. He is, without a doubt, the best surgeon I have come in contact with

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

Skillful and uncommonly creative in his approach .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

I have been extremely fortunate to have Dr. Dellon be my physician. His knowledge and compassion are secondary to none. . Without him my ulnar neuropathy would have progressed . Now, I can do all my activities without pain or numbness.
He is always there when I had a question or concern. As a physician myself, I believe that Dr. Dellon is one of the best. John Roanoke VA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2669983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2015

I had a thumb that would not function (a trigger finger) - it hurt and was impacting my work and daily life. I had never had an operation before; never even had a stitch even though I am in my late 60's. Dr. Dellon and his staff were fantastic - the operation was literally pain free and I now have a perfectly functional thumb. The whole experience was a positive adventure for me from the scheduling of the procedure, to being greeted at the Surgical Center, to being prepared for the procedure, the procedure itself and finally post-op. The staff, facilities and overall atmosphere were positive, informative, friendly and supportive, including the follow-up to make sure that I was healing and feeling well. Dr. Dellon gets an A++++ from me. Robert Ethan NJ

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2551916].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Dellon 18 months after I tore my hamstring. After trying everything possible, I had a PRP injection which was successful in treating the hamstring. Unfortunately, I was left with nerve pain . My Sports Medicine Doctor decided to send me to Dr. Dellon who did surgery on 10/11/13. The Postoperative diagnoses was Neuroma of the left perineal branch, neuroma of the left inferior gluteal branch & neuroma of the main branch of the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve. This entailed resection of the neuromas & implantation of the nerves into the gluteus miximus muscle
Prior to my surgery, I flew to Baltimore and met Dr. Dellon and Luiann. Luiann spent so much time on the phone and helping us with our insurance. Dr. Dellon would answer all of our emails in a timely manner. He is very worm, brilliant and has confidence in himself, and has kept a sense of humor. I went into this knowing I was paying cash and had no idea how much I would get reimbursed by my insurance company. I had been in pain for so long, and could no longer do the norma day to day funtions due to pain. It was worth taking this chance as he was my last resort.
It is now 10 months later and I am no longer in pain. Recuperation was not as easy as I thought it would be. There is a trade off with this surgery as there are areas of numbness on my thigh.
Dr. Dellon still keeps in contact to see how I am doing. If I had the choice, I would do it again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517485].votes_count ]]