Rate Dr. A. Peter Salas

Dr. A. Peter Salas's Ratings

I met Dr. Salas at St Barnabas Hosp when my 1 year old split her upper lip area and needed stitches. I asked for a plastic surgeon bc it was on her face and felt the ER drs would just "patch her up". Dr Salas was warm and gentle and made the baby feel at ease. he has excellent bed side manners. He explained that he wasnt sure if he was in my insurance network but at that time i didnt care. turned out he was and i was grateful bc her scar is barely noticeable. I would go back to him if needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Have seen Dr. Salas for a number of procedures. He has always been patient and kind and has never rushed through a procedure. you would think you were his only patient. Explains what he is doing and why, I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595284].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2011

I cannot rate this doctor highly enough. He is very patient and kind. He is such a perfectionist. He is very skillful and is able to treat complicated conditions that other doctors are afraid of. I had to have a corrective surgery on a plastic surgery that someone else had done poorly. I am very happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

I saw Dr. Salas because my condition was complicated and the other doctors couldn't be bothered. In today's insurance climate of low payment to doctors, most of them just want to do staight foward easy stuff. I had my problem for 2 years before I finally saw Dr. SAlas. He took the time to fix me good. I am very happy!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

My little 11 year old brother fell and split his forehead open. He was freaking out over the idea of stitches and at 1st was trying to leave the hospital, but when Dr. Salas came in, he was amazing! He completely calmed him down and joked with him the whole time, and my brother never knew that he was getting injections of lidocaine in his head, or that the stitches were being placed because Dr. Salas was so gentle. My brother was shocked when it was all over, and asked when he was going to get stitched up until we gave him a mirror. Afterwards, Dr. Salas was so kind and concerned during the office visits, and there is no scarring at all, even though it turns out my brother had been cut down to his skull. Dr. Salas is one of the best doctors I've ever met..and I know a lot of doctors, since I go to UMDNJ. I'd recommend him to anyone- completely beyond amazing and the most caring attitude in any doctor I've seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2010

We saw Dr. Salas when my 4 year old daughter was being treated at St. Barnabas. I requested a plastic surgeon as she needed stitches on her forhead. Dr. Salas is incredible. He was so patient and has a wonderful bedside manner. Best of all, he did a great job. The scar is almost undetectable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

At first I was hesitant to go to Dr. Salas because he was out of network. But looking back on it, I am very happy I went to him. You can't even see a scar!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

Dr. A. P. Salas submits false insurance claims listing procedures he did not perform. He also balance bills patient if insurance does not pay him explaining his claim was not valid. Specifically, he charges for emergency even if you had to wait for him for 2 hours. He also wants to be paid for 80 minutes consultation even though he only spends 5 minutes with the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595286].votes_count ]]