You may also like

Rate Dr. Richard A. Skolnik

Dr. Richard A. Skolnik's Ratings

Do not go to Dr. Skolnik for revision Rhinoplasty - he does not specialize in that area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

My girlfriend was treated unethically, unprofessionally by this surgeon and his staff. Dr. Skolnik abandons his patients in the recovery process if a problem arises. He negated my girlfriends concerns, ignored them and you will be left out on a limb. He comes off as kind, patient and friendly and concerned to win you over as a patient and take your money. If there is a problem in the healing process- he will not fix it, or refer you to someone that might be able to and stonewall you- he will not take responsibility and do what is right by the patient. My girlfriend has suffered emotionally and now has to find someone who can if possible - fix the collapsed graft in her nose. Do not go to this surgeon for Rhinoplasty or Revision Rhinoplasty or frankly any other procedure. I feel obligated to warn others. This Surgeon will not do what is best for his patients or cares about them. You need to search diligently for surgeons that are ethical, genuine and do want what is best for the patient and won't blow you off when there is a problem that is clearly evident.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Please avoid this Dr at all costs. I had surgery with him and there was a problem a few months later that got worse over the years and he dismissed me as a patient-rather his secretary did. Now I have an issue and have to go elsewhere and see if it is fixable. He is unethical, unprofessional and is a coward. Treated me poorly when I had a problem and was a completely different person. I do not want another human being to go through what I am going through now. No one should be abandoned by a Dr, but that is the reality with many surgeons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2807793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

unprofessional very money hungry His girl at desk is the rudest and nastiest woman Ive ever encountered He never returns calls and is not a good surgeon Id never refer him

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2689769].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2015

Dr Skolnik is the best injector ever. Ive been getting fillers/botox for years and I am always thrilled with the results. I never look one bit fake. Even my husband doesnt know.. I just look younger and fresher. He is like an artist and really listens to what I dont like about my face and is conservative. Also, he has the best bedside manner and I am the pickiest patient there is! I love the way he made my lips fuller without looking like a duck like most people who get fillers.... that look so obvious.. mine are so super natural.I am so happy that I found Dr skolnik from NY magazine best dr issue.. now I know why hes in it every year.. He deserves it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Talented Surgeon but dissapointing experience in Post op.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

Dr. Skolnik is the best. He is a High Caliber surgeon and one of the best in New York City. I had facial surgery done by him and I give him an A+ for the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2011

Dr. Skolnik is a gifted surgeon who did my Revision Rhinoplasty in May 2010. I met with 6 surgeons before meeting Dr. Skolnik. He listened to my history and concerns,answered all my questions and consulted with my physicians about their concerns before I got the go ahead for the surgery. At my consult he was down to earth, kind, had a sense of humor, but most of all had the expertise to do this complicated procedure. I had lousy consults with previous surgeons that were cold, never listened to my concerns, egotistical and had no concern for my medical history. Dr. Skolnik was a breathe of freah air because he was the anthesis of those surgeons. My surgery took 3 hours to fix my nose. My recovery went smoothly and Dr. Skolnik treated me well through it all. I was in the best of hands and I was so happy with the results. No one would know I had any plastic surgery on my nose. It is so natural and beautiful and he also improved my breathing. I would highly recommend him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2010

This doctor has the most condescending unprofessional manner. He asked for the entire payment for a simple office procedure at the time I saw him. I complained to his staff and wrote the check. The following day his staff called me and said the doctor cancelled my appointment. I had my husband call them to have them reimburse me. He didn't want to return the fee for seeing him but my husband got it back. The office looks worse then a clinic in an old apartment building on the first floor. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][595454].votes_count ]]