Rate Dr. Lori L. Cherup

Dr. Lori L. Cherup's Ratings

I am 47 years old and I had a breast augmentation seven years ago in Utah and I have never been happy with the results.. The left implant had always been bigger and it had always stayed high up on my chest and my implants had 480 cc of saline, they were to big for my body. So when my right implant deflated, I found Dr. Cherup, I was very scared to have this procedure done again since the first time was so painful and was worried about how they would look, I wanted both sides to look the same. Dr. Cherup reassured me that everything will be ok and I won't have the experience I had the first time. She explained to me what we needed to do and spent a lot of time with me and made me feel good about going forward with the procedure. Dr. Cherup took out both old implants and we agreed on smaller implants that would give me a more youthful appearance. She replaced both sides with 320 cc of saline and also performed a lift to remove some skin. I am now at one month after my surgery and very pleased and delighted with the results. Dr. Cherup is amazing, and her staff are wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

My mother is battling a disease that scars and mars her, not only physically but psychologically. The stress and the uncertainty of her future weighs on her every day. Should not a disease sufferer walk into a physician's office and feel BETTER? Should not a woman speak to another with compassion and understanding, even outside of the medical sector? Instead, this physician was brash and offensive in addition to refusing her treatment. As a medical student, I understand there are many times when a physician must refuse- and typically, those refusals would be accompanied by sympathy and apology. Instead, my mother was essentially told her previous surgeon had done a horrible job- mind you, this surgery was on her FACE. Now, as a plastic surgeon, one could assume that she understands body insecurity. What on God's green earth could compel you to tell a sick woman that her face looks awful??? As a result of treating her illness??? Additionally, my mother left feeling very much like Dr. Cherup would not take her case because it was not cosmetic, and subsequently, she would see significantly less money. This deduction was made in one visit and made by an honest, perceptive woman with NO medical background. If one can perceive this business-like attitude, but it is not the case that she is greedy, it is my guess that she needs a significant attitude adjustment so her patients don't walk away feeling both offended and robbed.

As I write this, I'm imagining the snarky, back-handed response I will receive on this page, much as others complainants have (on other review sites). My simple response will be: First, DO NO HARM. Not physically, not psychologically, not emotionally. I am ever-so familiar with unruly and unrealistic patients. I am fully aware that doctors are not deities and cannot perform wonders. However, the one thing you CAN control as a physician is how you treat your patient at the bedside.

Saying "I'm surprised you're not dead!" provides a whole different experience than "You must be one tough cookie to have endured all of this and show up to my office with a smile!" or "What incredible perseverance, you really are something!" or "Girl, you must have an influential angel up there! You're just amazing!"

I can only hope that she soon remembers why she became a physician- to help, to inspire hope, and to heal. Though I do not wish it, perhaps one day, someone she loves will fall terribly ill and she will understand how much love and compassion they and their family require to get by.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2561279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

I have absolutely no complaints regarding my recent surgery. The facility was clean and updated. The nurses were fantastic. My pre-op nurse took her time and explained everything she was doing. She made sure that I was comfortable and didnt need anything up until I went into the operating room. My post-op nurse was also amazinb. She made sure that my pain was controlled and she demenstrated the after care instructions until my family and I thoroughly understood what needed done. She cm made sure tgst we ere comfortable doing these tasks and we didn't have any questions. The day after surgery the nurses called to see how I was doing and make sure everything was ok. As for dr. Cherup, I have never in my life received better care from a doctor or her staff. Before the surgery, everything that was going to be done was explained to me so I knew exactly what to expect. Dr. Cherup called me the night of surgery to make sure everything was going well, and she called me the following day. I highly recommend dr. Cherup to anyone that may need her services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2535290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

Very displeased with the effects of her breast augmentation work. Went to her when I was 18 do get augmentation surgery. Now one breast is bigger than the other. She has a horrible demeanor as well. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HER! WILL NEVER ASK HER TO FIX WHAT SHE ALREADY DID BECAUSE I BET She would screw it up even more. Go to another plastic surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595873].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 1, 2014

I WOULD NOT recommend going to Dr. Cherup for any surgery - even though I have only had one type of surgery from her, TWICE. --- Breast Augmentation? --- Not only do you feel extremely RUSHED during appt. My anxiousness and her "reassurance of perfection" screwed me over in the end because I wanted to get the surgery done ASAP. Not only was the wrong implant size put in of which I was told she thought the smaller looked better while I was under anesthesia, she realized I got upset and later stated it was because "it wouldn't fit" which is BS because she was so negative about having all this tissue and extra skin but yet she recommend a big implant and I even went smaller than what she told me to get.. But it couldn't fit? BS! Then I got a lift which was done incorrectly because she had stated she put the implant up higher which basically ruined the left. After spending around $8,000 cash I had to get surgery again 3 months later which cost me another $1,250! Did not fix my problem!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595872].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr Cherup corrected a surgery previously done by dr hurwitz. She treated me with respect, was kind and confident she could help me. I continue to have regular follow up visits and am so pleased. Dr Cherup remembers me every visit, reviews the tx plan and progress. Takes time to discuss my concerns and and stands behind her work! Couldn't be happier. The staff members are all kind and knowledeable. I highly recommend her as a surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

I am quite happy with Dr. Cherup and the surgery. I am still under her care as I will be getting a little additional work done on my left breast to smooth out the scar from the lumpectomy. All my friends have commented very positively on the new look I have with my breasts. Radiance is a lovely place to go. They have so much to offer and the staff is very nice and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2012

I can't say enough about Dr. Cherup and her staff at Radiance. I had breast augmentation and a breast lift done as well as some scar revision surgery. I couldn't be happier with my results! Dr. Cherup is a knowledgable and confident doctor that made me feel secure throughout the whole process. Her staff is friendly, helpful and professional. I have and will continue to recommend radiance and Dr. Cherup to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

She is a great surgen. My incision is 2 weeks old and it is already disappearing. I would definitely recommend this Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

This plastic surgeon is efficient and does great work! Very knowledgeable is her field. Explains your case very well, puts you at ease. She gave me excellent results. Recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][595867].votes_count ]]