Rate Dr. John Lomonaco

Dr. John Lomonaco's Ratings

After reading glowing reviews of the services provided by Dr. John LoMonaco, I can’t help but ask myself – what sets him apart from his peers, that he would so consistently score highest star ratings? Having sustained a weight loss approaching 100 lbs with follow-up breast reconstruction, lower body lift and vertical thighplasty all performed by Dr. L, I believe it can be summed up in one word: “normal”; or more aptly expressed –“best!-normal”. He has the unsurpassed capacity to establish or restore your “best!-normal”!

First, he has fine–tuned his skills to exclusively meet body contour needs (he won’t do face/neck lifts; but did recommend Dr. Russell Kridel, who could - and did an amazing job on me; a red flag should go up if a plastic surgeon claims to excel at head/neck procedures, as well as body contouring – I know because I’ve made that mistake in the past). By fine–tuned, I mean Dr. L refined an obvious natural talent to the level of surmounting the really complex cases (for example the procedure he performed on national television – TLC “Big Medicine”). One only achieves that type of proficiency by doggedly pursuing a passion and treating volumes of patients – each with their own unique set of problems. My “aha! moment” came when I was at a consultation with a 5th plastic surgeon and the patient coordinator mumbled something about how their surgeon did a lot of contour cases except the really tough ones like what Dr. LoMonaco does, which was my lightening bolt of clarity (I responded - “Who?”, sensing her immediate remorse for mentioning his name; so - even though I was weary of the selection process, I opted for one more journey to Houston, this time to consult with Dr. L). Seriously – why contemplate anyone else! Surely, I reasoned, Dr. L could normalize me if he could succeed with the really tough cases. Or imagine, if you only needed breast enhancement or a tummy tuck – no doubt; Dr. L would be the go-to surgeon.

Second, he actually studies your problem before going to the OR and details his plan (sounds funny, but most just give a cursory glance). Third, he is realistically direct (some may interpret as blunt) and won’t “sugar-coat” what he can and can’t do. On the flip side, a compassionate overall countenance is recognizable. Fourth, his high-star rating is supported by an “all-star” staff – Destiny, Chela, Vicki, Stacy, Crystal and Lauren have all been a pleasure. Destiny and Chela, his OR assistant and nurse – respectively, both offer their cell phone numbers and friendly support 24/7.

Finally, my path to weight loss has been a long one, accompanied by many bumps in the road. I began by psyching myself into believing that I was “normal” and strived to eat like a “normal” person for just one day at a time. However, the resultant residual lax skin was anything but normal, and something no amount of exercise could alter.

Now healing from my last surgery, the vertical thighplasty by Dr. L, I can see that I didn’t acquire the thighs of Giselle; but then again, didn’t become fluent in mandarin either. Instead, I recognize an emerging improvement and symmetrical contouring that is truly remarkable; something I never dreamed possible given the amount of damage at start. Dr. John LoMonaco is transforming me into my “best!-normal”! – synching my body more in tune with my psyche.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2672006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Two procedures with Dr. Lomonaco......fixing a hysterectomy scar/tummy tuck and a breast reduction. Beyond happy with both results. Staff is awesome. I knew he was the right surgeon when he made sure I had realistic expectations. (ie. I was fine NOT being Pamela Anderson) I researched surgeons from all over the country and ended up traveling 2300 miles to Houston, just to see Dr. Lomonaco. If I have any other procedures, I will again make the trip.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

I am 3 1/2 weeks post surgery from a mommy makeover. I waited 30 years to do this, and had decided I was either going to have plastic surgery or quit thinking about it. After interviewing three surgeons, I decided on Dr. LoMonaco. Before I even told him my vision, he described the way he sees my body and it was the same as I see it. We discussed realistic expectations, and were in agreement. Though my weight is far from being ideal, it is my stable weight and has been for quite some time. I was ready to be smoothed out and have the excess skin & some fat removed and my breasts reconfigured. I am pleased with the bodywork, and my breasts will probably need a revision in six months: this was expected, considering what we started with.

I have always been able to contact Destiny and Chela (including having their cell phone numbers), and Dr. LoMonaco answers his own emails. I feel my care has been very good. In my early results I can see that my expectations have been met, and in some ways surpassed, with regard to my body.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2651899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

wonderful doctor, staff and facility..loved my experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I feel compelled to write a review for Dr. Lomonaco concerning the breast augmentation I had him perform. This was a complicated surgery to correct a severely botched breast augmentation that I had done by another plastic surgeon. I went through 1 1/2 years of embarrassment and extreme disappointment at the mis-shapen, uneven, and unnatural shape to my breasts. After researching and consulting with multiple highly rated plastic surgeons in the Houston area I was told that it would be difficult to correct and they anticipated only an 80% success rate to have my breasts look normal again (without removing the implants and letting my body heal before replacing them, which luckily I didn't have to do). Dr. Lomanaco was on my list of top rated surgeons and when I had my consult with him I had a feeling of hope and knew he would be my surgeon. I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge and appreciated him not only sharing his plan of how he would correct my breasts but he also shared back-up plans for any unforeseen problems as well. This was comforting to me as I had a lot of fear after what I had gone through.
My first surgery (with another surgeon) was botched so badly that I had extreme pain for nearly a month to the extent that I didn't want to get out of bed and physically couldn't do something as simple as open my refrigerator door.
Because of the dread of feeling this kind of pain again it took me 1 1/2 years to get the courage to face another surgery.
I want everyone to know how caring Dr. Lomanaco and his entire staff is. The girls in the office are very helpful and wonderful to work with.
I am now post surgery 3 weeks and couldn't be happier, I am thrilled with my results. The results are beautiful and my breasts are 100% perfect! The pain level from this surgery was next to nothing. The caring and concerned attitude for my post surgery care from Dr. Lomanaco and his staff has continued to be impressive and very much appreciated. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this surgeon.
People are put on this earth with different talents. The talent Dr. Lomanaco was blessed with is to be an exceptional surgeon. I will forever be grateful!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. LoMonaco is a true artist and he listens to your wishes and concerns. I’ve had a circumferential, side body and breast lift with implants, then my knees, thighs and arms, for massive weight loss and I am thrilled with the results. I highly recommend him for these procedures. He gives you his personal cell number so if you need him after surgery and his staff always takes great care of you. I interviewed 3 doctors before selecting him, and he was highly recommended to me by several people. His patients are treated with extra care at the hospital as well. His prices are standard and you will not receive better care or reconstruction surgery with anyone. It’s a difficult process but Dr. LoMonaco and his team make it as easy for you as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

I went to doc for a consult. I'm seriously considering breast lift and lipo. Doc is awesome and his staff is personable and professional. I am deciding between LoMonaco and Mentz... I'm planning to have surgery soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599328].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Wow! Where do I even begin? Dr. LoMonaco is, in every way, a first class surgeon! But it wouldn't do him any justice unless I can support my opinion! I'm a mother of 2 and through the pregnancies and breast feeding, my breast had sagged to a point of no return! Not to mention that all the weight gain from the pregnancies, my abdomen muscle had separated with unbearable stretch marks! I did extensive research on surgeons and had gotten consultations from other surgeons before I saw Dr. LoMonaco. Because of the exceptional ratings and reviews on him, I decided that I would leave the best for last. Boy, was I glad! All the other surgeons had recommended that to correct my breast without doing a full lift, they would either have to put larger implants or do a "wedge" resection which would leave long visible scars on my breast. I wasn't fond with either suggestions! I was already a large "C" borderline "D" and only 5'4" at 115 lbs so going larger was never what I wanted to do and who the heck wants long visible scars? So, after hearing this, I wasn't really hopeful that Dr. LoMonaco would be able to do anything different for me. Regardless, I decided to call his office to schedule a consultation but he was so booked that his next available appointment was 1 month away! So, I made a bold move and found his email address and emailed him directly! And to my astonishment, he responded in a couple of hours and was able to squeeze me in that same week! I was already impressed but that was an understatement! When I actually met Dr. Lomonaco, he was such a pleasant person with incredible demeanor that would make anyone feel at ease! He was so thorough in his explanation of what he had recommended for me and took his time to answer all my questions! Unlike the other surgeons, I never felt rushed at all! After I told him what the other surgeons had suggested for my breasts, he just shook his head and told me what he would do. He would actually create new pockets internally for the new implants and I wouldn't have to go any bigger or have any long scars. The scars would be the same length as a regular breast augmentation procedure! As for the tummy tuck, he showed me pictures of his past work and they all looked amazing! The scar was so low and smooth that you can hide it with any bikini! After my consultation, I knew that going with anyone else would be settling and if I'm getting these critical procedures done that I will have to get them from the best of the best! So, I scheduled my surgery with him! Before I forget to mention that all his staff, from nurse to front desk, were all very professional and accommodating! He has this one amazing nurse, Destiny, that would be your point of contact from the time of your consultation and throughout your surgery day as well as post op. Did I mention that she's AMAZING? Destiny was always, always available to answer any questions or concerns you have, pre-op or post-op! My surgery went well without any complications. Because of the the tummy tuck, I was required to stay overnight at the Houston Hospital for Specialized Surgery which historically had pretty bad reviews on customer service. But fortunately for me, I have nothing but good things to say about them as well! From the nutrition personnel to operating nurse and post-op nurses to the anesthesiologist! They were all exceptional! They were a great compliment to Dr. LoMonaco's team! So, here's where the true colors really showed...post-op results and post-op care. Immediately, 1 day post-op, I can see drastic improvement on my abdomen! Even with all the swelling, my skin was tight and I have my waistline back! When I was released from the hospital, I was so concern with pain because I have such low tolerance for it! But Dr. LoMonaco thought of everything! I had a pain pump that was on auto-dispensed over a couple of days! This was great pain management! For the 1st week and up to my 1st post-op follow-up appointment with Dr. LoMonaco, Destiny called me each day to make sure I'm doing well and to answer any questions. I naturally have a lot of questions but she took her time to make sure that I was comfortable and was always patient with me. She made me felt so genuinely cared for and that I wasn't just a number on her list that once the surgery is over that her responsibility was done! I'm at 6 weeks post-op and I can't be any happier with the results! I still have a little swelling on my lower abdomen but my waistline is about 2 inches smaller and have minimal stretchmarks but they are all tight and light. My breasts are perfectly sized and perky without any long visible scars! And Dr. LoMonaco and his staff, specifically Destiny, still give me the same first class service and care that I got when I first met them during my consultation! Thank you Dr. L and Destiny! You always know how to over deliver!! :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

I can't say enough good things about Dr. LoMonaco and his staff! My results are amazing and I feel great!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2596200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr. Lomonaco is an amazing doctor. I had a wonderful experience with him and his awesome team! I was really nervous about going in for my consultation, but the office was inviting and the atmosphere was friendly. After a few minutes and chatting with his staff, I felt very comfortable and welcomed. I had a ton of extra skin around my stomach due to rapid weight loss, and I went to Dr. Lomonaco to have it removed. I didn't have any issues post surgery, and my scars are healing very nicely! They called everyday for the couple weeks I was home to check on me and see how I was feeling. I felt like I was taken care of very well by him and his team! I have seen Dr. Lomonaco's work on some other acquaintances and their scars are hardly there. I really had to look for them to see them! I cant wait until my scars finish healing and look the same way!! I would definitely recommend him and his staff to anyone who is looking to have any type of reconstructive surgery done. I just want to publicly thank him for all that he has done for me and all the support he has given me. I feel strong and confident and I am just so so happy with everything!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585826].votes_count ]]