Rate Dr. John Lomonaco

Dr. John Lomonaco's Ratings

I found Dr. Lomonaco online-- I saw his posts on a weight loss surgery message board and was impressed with his informative, detailed responses to people from all across the country. In his posts two things came across: 1) Dr. Lomonaco genuinely cares about people and 2) he is an expert in his field. Since he was based in Houston, I decided to do a little research and I found that reconstructive plastic surgery after massive weight loss was one of his specialties (he actually co-wrote a book called “Bariatric Plastic Surgery” which should be required reading for anyone who is considering plastic surgery after weight loss). I was impressed, but in the spirit of due diligence, I went to see two other doctors while I waited for my appointment with Dr. Lomonaco. By the time my consultation with him came around, I felt that I knew what to expect-- some measurements, photos, and a fairly clinical conversation about what procedures would be necessary.

My consultation with Dr. Lomonaco had these elements, but so much more. He was able to speak with authority and from experience about what I needed. He was the only doctor that I met with that had a vision. Because of his experience in performing the type of surgeries I wanted (lower body lift) on people just like me who have lost a lot of weight, I was so much more at ease. He made me feel completely comfortable and took an hour with me on two separate occasions to really talk me through everything. Unlike many surgeons, Dr. Lomonaco has an excellent bedside manner, exudes warmth, and is very relatable. His communication is very clear (did a great job talking to my parents) and even gave my mom his cell phone number, a first in my experience with surgeons. We didn’t need to call, but I know it made my mom feel a lot better.

I had my lower body lift on 7/1/14 and have been so pleased by my results. My stomach and back are completely flat! The incisions are symmetrical and are healing better than expected. I believe that I avoided a lot of what many people experience with this procedure (severe bruising/pain/swelling) because I had a skillful surgeon. I was off heavy duty pain medication after 5 days (just tylenol after that) and was able Just two weeks after surgery I was able to start moderate cardio and some light weights.

Dr. Lomonaco has some amazing people in his office that have the whole experience easier. After surgery I spoke with someone in his office every day to report on my progress. I also had his surgical assistant’s cell phone number which I used to text her random questions about my recovery (thanks Destiny!) and I always received prompt responses, mostly assuring me that everything was going well. I’ve been in the office three times since surgery for check ups and will go again next week for another check up. I hope to schedule my stage 2 surgeries for December at that time. All in all, I can’t say enough about positive my experience has been. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Lomonaco to anyone, especially people who have lost a lot of weight and need reconstructive surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

My experience dealing with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff has been wonderful, and I am thrilled with the lever of care I received. I have never met a doctor so empathetic. It didn’t matter if I was happy or scared Dr. LoMonaco, Destiny and Stacy were right there to help me. My husband didn’t understand why I was so in love with this Practice until he met Dr. LoMonaco and his staff. Now there’s no one else he would trust with my body. I had large breast most of my life (D Cup at age 13). Before my 75 lb. weight loss my breast over filled an F cup, after they were very elongated and heavy and still filled a DD. 10 weeks ago Dr. LoMonaco performed a breast lift/reduction on me. There was very little pain after surgery and the results are amazing. Dr. LoMonaco gave me the perfect Full C I had always dreamed of. Next year I’m planning my Tummy Tuck (With Dr. LoMonaco of course!) MsLoriG

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

They are the best!! I love my results!! Dr. L and his staff were very helpful and attentive to all my needs and I am so happy with my new body!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. L and his staff were excellent; incredibly polite and professional throughout the whole experience. I have always been conscious of some stubborn areas of by body that kept me from feeling confident in active situations. After years of debating and months of research I came across Dr. LoMonaco's practice to find nothing but great reviews. I was hesitant at first, thinking this is too good to be true, but after my consultation I knew why this doctor had such great reviews. Dr LoMonaco and his team made me feel more comfortable than I could have ever imagined, and for a modest, second-guessing, self proclaimed perfectionist that's a big deal. I never doubted. I was in good hands. I have received so many compliments with my results and am happy to recommend to all. The staff was genuinely nice, the doctor was very informative and my results are great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468434].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

I chose Dr. LoMonaco for my breast augmentation. What made the choice so easy was his honesty and warm bedside manner. He took as much time as needed to answer my questions and made sure we were on the same page regarding the size and look I wanted, while maintaining proportion with my body frame. His staff was also great. They checked on me regularly after the surgery and were also available for any questions or concerns I had. I love my results and would definitely recommend Dr. LoMonaco! SF

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I have already recommended Dr LoMonaco to all my friends! From the first consultation I felt 100% comfortable and confident in him. I went to him for breast augmentation. He answered all of my questions and took the time to explain every piece of my procedure and the pros and cons to parts of it. Going into the surgery I felt like we were on the exact same page as to the look I wanted to achieve. The staff and nurses were also so helpful and nice. I am so happy with my results and if I have ever had a question or concern Dr LoMonaco or one of the nurses were quick to answer my questions. I would highly recommend him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. LoMonaco is an amazing surgeon with the skill of an artist. He truly cares about is patients and their results. He is an absolute perfectionist about his work, and will make sure that you are 100% satisfied. He does not rush his appointments and makes sure that you are comfortable and have all of your questions answered. I was so amazed by my results that I was ready to book phase two of my procedures at the first post-op appointment. His aftercare program is also wonderful; he and his office staff monitor your progress and do everything they can to make sure you heal well. They are also quick to respond to calls and questions, Dr. LoMonaco personally responds to e-mails. Overall I feel like I chose the best Plastic Surgeon and could not be more thrilled with my results. I am looking forward to the next phase of procedures in a few months when I have an Arm Lift and Inner Thigh Lift. I know I am in the right hands. BAW

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I have seen several doctors in my lifetime and Dr. LoMonaco is hands down the absolute best. After going on several consultations to find a plastic surgeon to redo a complicated breast surgery/implant exchange/lift, I knew right after my consultation with Dr. L that he was going to be my surgeon. His work is wonderful (I am very pleased with my results), but his down-to-earth personality, genuine concern for his patients, and critical eye are what make him such a desirable doctor. He has an excellent staff that always keep in touch with you about surgery details and healing progression. Overall, I have had a great experience after seeing them for the past year. Like many others, I am so grateful that I was able to have him perform my surgeries and will always highly recommend Dr. LoMonaco.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

The minute I decided to have a tummy tuck, I began my search for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. My search began with the top Plastic Surgeons in Houston, and he was in the top 10. After reading all the awesome reviews he had, i decided to make an appointment with him. Right from the start, I knew my search was over. He was a very down to earth person, he made me feel very comfortable. He went over exactly what my options were, completely sincere about true results. Once he showed me all the pictures of his patients before and after, they were so amazing that I decided to have him do a Breast Lift, and even a butt lift. As each week passes by, my results only get better and better. I know I made the right choice. Dr. LoMonaco and his staff genuinely helped me through each step of the way on such a life changing event for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388136].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

Dr LoMonaco is the best dr in the world, I'm sure of it. From the moment I started researching I could find nothing but positive reviews and now I know why. I live in Washington, D.C. and travelled to Houston specifically to see Dr. LoMonaco. It was absolutely worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. At the first visit I was positive I had selected the right surgeon and scheduled my surgery right away. His staff, office and surgery facility he uses are the best. I felt like a celebrity the whole way through. Everyone I met was so kind and professional and I just knew I was in the best hands. The day of the surgery everything went so smoothly and I was back home in no time. Every day after the surgery both he and his staff checked in on me. I healed so nicely and after 6 weeks felt like I was back 100%. Now I feel like I was born with this body; it's like I never had surgery at all. If I decide to have any other procedures in the future I am coming back to him, no doubt about it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388135].votes_count ]]