You may also like

Rate Dr. John Lomonaco

Dr. John Lomonaco's Ratings

Upon finally committing to a breast augmentation (BA) after waiting so many years, I pretty quickly realized that - aside from the prerequisite board certification - searching for a qualified cosmetic surgeon is much like shopping for a new car if one doesn't really know where to begin. I ran an internet search on top plastic surgeons of Houston and Dr. LoMonaco's name was one of those listed. I relied heavily on the information within each surgeon's website, as well as patient reviews and the surgeon's body of work (no pun intended) in their photo galleries. I made the decision to go ahead and schedule a consultation with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff.

First thing that crossed my mind upon meeting Dr. LoMonaco: he looks like a really handsome version of Star Trek's Data character (for you sci fi geeks out there). I know, this has nothing to do with his work, but it really was the first thing that crossed my mind.

As I listened to Dr. LoMonaco talk about himself and what he does and does not specialize in, I realized I'd made the right choice in surgeons. This doctor answered all of my questions and prompted me to ask more; he wants his patients to be as well informed as possible regarding their choice prior to and after the surgical procedure. Dr. LoMonaco also has a great sense of humor, and you have no idea just how important something like this is when it comes to making an anxious patient more at ease. He answered all of my concerns with confidence and expertise, which made me feel better about the safety issues with the implants I ultimately chose for my BA.

Another reason that I felt I'd made a great choice in Dr. LoMonaco is that he did NOT try to push a larger size on me than what I really wanted. I'm 53 at the time of this writing, and at my age, I did not want anything that looked fake or over the top. Dr. LoMonaco agreed totally with what I wanted and reinforced my choice by telling me his opinions regarding my then-current breast size, the width of my chest area and what my skin could handle. Now, that is not to say that the doctor would not acquiesce to your wishes in whatever BA size you wish, but he *will* be realistic with you in explaining the pros and cons.

Dr. LoMonaco's entire staff is so friendly and professional and great at making their patients feel at ease. I personally believe a surgeon's choice of staff is reflective of the way the doctor carries out his or her business.

One more reason I feel I made a great choice with Dr. LoMonaco is that he's a true artist. In addition to understanding that the quality of his work is what keeps him in business, he truly wants each patient to look their best and he will do what it takes to bring out that physical beauty. I couldn't be happier with my new breasts ("The Girls") and highly recommend this Houston plastic surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2712007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

After extensive research on surgeons in my area (and even out of state), I came to Dr. John LoMonoaco, for a consultation on an abdominoplasty and decided to hire him as my surgeon. I liked that I felt extremely comfortable with him and his staff. He offered an honest opinion and is a very optimistic doctor. I also liked that he takes his time and doesn't seem rushed when he talks to you. Dr. LoMonaco can recognize me every time and is so nice during my follow ups and his and his staff's customer service is great! Bedside manner is at a 200%!!! My post op results have been amazing and I am so happy with the way I look. They walk you step by step on everything you have to do. If you are looking for the best, I would highly recommend Dr. John LoMonaco. I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

It took me a year to decide on a plastic surgeon since I knew a breast reduction can be horribly disfiguring if not done correctly. Dr. Lomonaco is a true artist and passionate about the work he performs. I am grateful I chose him and I am beyond happy with the results. His staff and his approach to aftercare far exceeded my expectation. I have worked in the Medical industry clinically and commercially for over 20 years in Houston so I was fortunate to have an insiders perspective on several Surgeons in the Houston/surrounding areas. I only wish I had gone to Dr. Lomonaco 5 years ago for the breast reduction and not waited so long.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2677373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

After reading glowing reviews of the services provided by Dr. John LoMonaco, I can’t help but ask myself – what sets him apart from his peers, that he would so consistently score highest star ratings? Having sustained a weight loss approaching 100 lbs with follow-up breast reconstruction, lower body lift and vertical thighplasty all performed by Dr. L, I believe it can be summed up in one word: “normal”; or more aptly expressed –“best!-normal”. He has the unsurpassed capacity to establish or restore your “best!-normal”!

First, he has fine–tuned his skills to exclusively meet body contour needs (he won’t do face/neck lifts; but did recommend Dr. Russell Kridel, who could - and did an amazing job on me; a red flag should go up if a plastic surgeon claims to excel at head/neck procedures, as well as body contouring – I know because I’ve made that mistake in the past). By fine–tuned, I mean Dr. L refined an obvious natural talent to the level of surmounting the really complex cases (for example the procedure he performed on national television – TLC “Big Medicine”). One only achieves that type of proficiency by doggedly pursuing a passion and treating volumes of patients – each with their own unique set of problems. My “aha! moment” came when I was at a consultation with a 5th plastic surgeon and the patient coordinator mumbled something about how their surgeon did a lot of contour cases except the really tough ones like what Dr. LoMonaco does, which was my lightening bolt of clarity (I responded - “Who?”, sensing her immediate remorse for mentioning his name; so - even though I was weary of the selection process, I opted for one more journey to Houston, this time to consult with Dr. L). Seriously – why contemplate anyone else! Surely, I reasoned, Dr. L could normalize me if he could succeed with the really tough cases. Or imagine, if you only needed breast enhancement or a tummy tuck – no doubt; Dr. L would be the go-to surgeon.

Second, he actually studies your problem before going to the OR and details his plan (sounds funny, but most just give a cursory glance). Third, he is realistically direct (some may interpret as blunt) and won’t “sugar-coat” what he can and can’t do. On the flip side, a compassionate overall countenance is recognizable. Fourth, his high-star rating is supported by an “all-star” staff – Destiny, Chela, Vicki, Stacy, Crystal and Lauren have all been a pleasure. Destiny and Chela, his OR assistant and nurse – respectively, both offer their cell phone numbers and friendly support 24/7.

Finally, my path to weight loss has been a long one, accompanied by many bumps in the road. I began by psyching myself into believing that I was “normal” and strived to eat like a “normal” person for just one day at a time. However, the resultant residual lax skin was anything but normal, and something no amount of exercise could alter.

Now healing from my last surgery, the vertical thighplasty by Dr. L, I can see that I didn’t acquire the thighs of Giselle; but then again, didn’t become fluent in mandarin either. Instead, I recognize an emerging improvement and symmetrical contouring that is truly remarkable; something I never dreamed possible given the amount of damage at start. Dr. John LoMonaco is transforming me into my “best!-normal”! – synching my body more in tune with my psyche.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2672006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Two procedures with Dr. Lomonaco......fixing a hysterectomy scar/tummy tuck and a breast reduction. Beyond happy with both results. Staff is awesome. I knew he was the right surgeon when he made sure I had realistic expectations. (ie. I was fine NOT being Pamela Anderson) I researched surgeons from all over the country and ended up traveling 2300 miles to Houston, just to see Dr. Lomonaco. If I have any other procedures, I will again make the trip.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

I am 3 1/2 weeks post surgery from a mommy makeover. I waited 30 years to do this, and had decided I was either going to have plastic surgery or quit thinking about it. After interviewing three surgeons, I decided on Dr. LoMonaco. Before I even told him my vision, he described the way he sees my body and it was the same as I see it. We discussed realistic expectations, and were in agreement. Though my weight is far from being ideal, it is my stable weight and has been for quite some time. I was ready to be smoothed out and have the excess skin & some fat removed and my breasts reconfigured. I am pleased with the bodywork, and my breasts will probably need a revision in six months: this was expected, considering what we started with.

I have always been able to contact Destiny and Chela (including having their cell phone numbers), and Dr. LoMonaco answers his own emails. I feel my care has been very good. In my early results I can see that my expectations have been met, and in some ways surpassed, with regard to my body.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2651899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

wonderful doctor, staff and facility..loved my experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

I feel compelled to write a review for Dr. Lomonaco concerning the breast augmentation I had him perform. This was a complicated surgery to correct a severely botched breast augmentation that I had done by another plastic surgeon. I went through 1 1/2 years of embarrassment and extreme disappointment at the mis-shapen, uneven, and unnatural shape to my breasts. After researching and consulting with multiple highly rated plastic surgeons in the Houston area I was told that it would be difficult to correct and they anticipated only an 80% success rate to have my breasts look normal again (without removing the implants and letting my body heal before replacing them, which luckily I didn't have to do). Dr. Lomanaco was on my list of top rated surgeons and when I had my consult with him I had a feeling of hope and knew he would be my surgeon. I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge and appreciated him not only sharing his plan of how he would correct my breasts but he also shared back-up plans for any unforeseen problems as well. This was comforting to me as I had a lot of fear after what I had gone through.
My first surgery (with another surgeon) was botched so badly that I had extreme pain for nearly a month to the extent that I didn't want to get out of bed and physically couldn't do something as simple as open my refrigerator door.
Because of the dread of feeling this kind of pain again it took me 1 1/2 years to get the courage to face another surgery.
I want everyone to know how caring Dr. Lomanaco and his entire staff is. The girls in the office are very helpful and wonderful to work with.
I am now post surgery 3 weeks and couldn't be happier, I am thrilled with my results. The results are beautiful and my breasts are 100% perfect! The pain level from this surgery was next to nothing. The caring and concerned attitude for my post surgery care from Dr. Lomanaco and his staff has continued to be impressive and very much appreciated. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this surgeon.
People are put on this earth with different talents. The talent Dr. Lomanaco was blessed with is to be an exceptional surgeon. I will forever be grateful!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. LoMonaco is a true artist and he listens to your wishes and concerns. I’ve had a circumferential, side body and breast lift with implants, then my knees, thighs and arms, for massive weight loss and I am thrilled with the results. I highly recommend him for these procedures. He gives you his personal cell number so if you need him after surgery and his staff always takes great care of you. I interviewed 3 doctors before selecting him, and he was highly recommended to me by several people. His patients are treated with extra care at the hospital as well. His prices are standard and you will not receive better care or reconstruction surgery with anyone. It’s a difficult process but Dr. LoMonaco and his team make it as easy for you as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 31, 2014

I went to doc for a consult. I'm seriously considering breast lift and lipo. Doc is awesome and his staff is personable and professional. I am deciding between LoMonaco and Mentz... I'm planning to have surgery soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2599328].votes_count ]]