Rate Dr. John Lomonaco

Dr. John Lomonaco's Ratings

I was referred to Dr LoMonoco by a friend. At which point my husband and I did full research on the doctor himself and the procedures I would need to get done. When we met w/ the doctor he was fantastic. He made us feel at home and answered w/ patience all 100 questions we put on the table. I was very intimidated to have this surgery for I feel it is a very vain thing to do but had no choice after losing 160lb over the past year and a half, I have so much hanging skin there was no other options. The doctor seemed at ease w/ what he does and in turn made me feel this was the right thing to do.
I have now had two surgeries total including getting a Lower body lift, breast lift, arms and thigh and side chest Lift. I am about 4 weeks out after the 2nd surgery and doing great!
The staff that Dr LoMonoco has is so attentive and sweet. Those girls make you feel at home. My husband and I are an acquired taste “and we know it LOL” and they totally make us feel at home. Destiny and Chela have really been so great throughout my entire process and know they will continue to be until I am 100% back to my normal self. These girls accept my crazy, weirdness and roll w/ the punches and that comfort level is amazing to have in this situation.
Dr LoMonoco has truly made me feel like part of the family and caters to my needs per I know I am a high maintenance client , “my mind gets the best of me” and he totally knows how to make me feel at ease w/out me even having to say a word. But he has never made me feel like I am a bother and is always there for me when I need him.
Unfortunately I had gotten myself where I needed this surgery but could not have found a better group of nurses and Doctor to guide me on my path. They whether they want it or not will be forever friends. They helped me on my journey.
Roni Mendoza

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2731125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

Dr.LoMonaco is awesome, extremely knowledgeable and dedicated, nothing but a top notch surgeon supported by an outstanding staff. I was beyond impressed with my procedure and care I received. Dr.LoMonaco and his staff go above and beyond the call of duty. Such an awesome group!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Wonderful staff, very informative about procedure and recovery times. Two years after my surgery I'm very pleased with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

My experience with Dr. Lomonaco and all his staff has just been great. I went in for a consultation for a body lift following weight loss. From the moment I first walked in his door everyone was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable. My initial consultation with Dr. Lomonaco was very detailed as he answered every question I had and even discussed issues I hadn't thought about. Dealing with him was like dealing with a friend and he really made me feel at ease. I am so happy with the results of the first 2 surgeries and am looking forward to the results of the 3rd and final part. Everyone there makes you feel like you are their only patient and are totally committed to your well being. Dealing with them has been a great experience and of course my results speak for themselves!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2714585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

Upon finally committing to a breast augmentation (BA) after waiting so many years, I pretty quickly realized that - aside from the prerequisite board certification - searching for a qualified cosmetic surgeon is much like shopping for a new car if one doesn't really know where to begin. I ran an internet search on top plastic surgeons of Houston and Dr. LoMonaco's name was one of those listed. I relied heavily on the information within each surgeon's website, as well as patient reviews and the surgeon's body of work (no pun intended) in their photo galleries. I made the decision to go ahead and schedule a consultation with Dr. LoMonaco and his staff.

First thing that crossed my mind upon meeting Dr. LoMonaco: he looks like a really handsome version of Star Trek's Data character (for you sci fi geeks out there). I know, this has nothing to do with his work, but it really was the first thing that crossed my mind.

As I listened to Dr. LoMonaco talk about himself and what he does and does not specialize in, I realized I'd made the right choice in surgeons. This doctor answered all of my questions and prompted me to ask more; he wants his patients to be as well informed as possible regarding their choice prior to and after the surgical procedure. Dr. LoMonaco also has a great sense of humor, and you have no idea just how important something like this is when it comes to making an anxious patient more at ease. He answered all of my concerns with confidence and expertise, which made me feel better about the safety issues with the implants I ultimately chose for my BA.

Another reason that I felt I'd made a great choice in Dr. LoMonaco is that he did NOT try to push a larger size on me than what I really wanted. I'm 53 at the time of this writing, and at my age, I did not want anything that looked fake or over the top. Dr. LoMonaco agreed totally with what I wanted and reinforced my choice by telling me his opinions regarding my then-current breast size, the width of my chest area and what my skin could handle. Now, that is not to say that the doctor would not acquiesce to your wishes in whatever BA size you wish, but he *will* be realistic with you in explaining the pros and cons.

Dr. LoMonaco's entire staff is so friendly and professional and great at making their patients feel at ease. I personally believe a surgeon's choice of staff is reflective of the way the doctor carries out his or her business.

One more reason I feel I made a great choice with Dr. LoMonaco is that he's a true artist. In addition to understanding that the quality of his work is what keeps him in business, he truly wants each patient to look their best and he will do what it takes to bring out that physical beauty. I couldn't be happier with my new breasts ("The Girls") and highly recommend this Houston plastic surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2712007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

After extensive research on surgeons in my area (and even out of state), I came to Dr. John LoMonoaco, for a consultation on an abdominoplasty and decided to hire him as my surgeon. I liked that I felt extremely comfortable with him and his staff. He offered an honest opinion and is a very optimistic doctor. I also liked that he takes his time and doesn't seem rushed when he talks to you. Dr. LoMonaco can recognize me every time and is so nice during my follow ups and his and his staff's customer service is great! Bedside manner is at a 200%!!! My post op results have been amazing and I am so happy with the way I look. They walk you step by step on everything you have to do. If you are looking for the best, I would highly recommend Dr. John LoMonaco. I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

It took me a year to decide on a plastic surgeon since I knew a breast reduction can be horribly disfiguring if not done correctly. Dr. Lomonaco is a true artist and passionate about the work he performs. I am grateful I chose him and I am beyond happy with the results. His staff and his approach to aftercare far exceeded my expectation. I have worked in the Medical industry clinically and commercially for over 20 years in Houston so I was fortunate to have an insiders perspective on several Surgeons in the Houston/surrounding areas. I only wish I had gone to Dr. Lomonaco 5 years ago for the breast reduction and not waited so long.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

After reading glowing reviews of the services provided by Dr. John LoMonaco, I can’t help but ask myself – what sets him apart from his peers, that he would so consistently score highest star ratings? Having sustained a weight loss approaching 100 lbs with follow-up breast reconstruction, lower body lift and vertical thighplasty all performed by Dr. L, I believe it can be summed up in one word: “normal”; or more aptly expressed –“best!-normal”. He has the unsurpassed capacity to establish or restore your “best!-normal”!

First, he has fine–tuned his skills to exclusively meet body contour needs (he won’t do face/neck lifts; but did recommend Dr. Russell Kridel, who could - and did an amazing job on me; a red flag should go up if a plastic surgeon claims to excel at head/neck procedures, as well as body contouring – I know because I’ve made that mistake in the past). By fine–tuned, I mean Dr. L refined an obvious natural talent to the level of surmounting the really complex cases (for example the procedure he performed on national television – TLC “Big Medicine”). One only achieves that type of proficiency by doggedly pursuing a passion and treating volumes of patients – each with their own unique set of problems. My “aha! moment” came when I was at a consultation with a 5th plastic surgeon and the patient coordinator mumbled something about how their surgeon did a lot of contour cases except the really tough ones like what Dr. LoMonaco does, which was my lightening bolt of clarity (I responded - “Who?”, sensing her immediate remorse for mentioning his name; so - even though I was weary of the selection process, I opted for one more journey to Houston, this time to consult with Dr. L). Seriously – why contemplate anyone else! Surely, I reasoned, Dr. L could normalize me if he could succeed with the really tough cases. Or imagine, if you only needed breast enhancement or a tummy tuck – no doubt; Dr. L would be the go-to surgeon.

Second, he actually studies your problem before going to the OR and details his plan (sounds funny, but most just give a cursory glance). Third, he is realistically direct (some may interpret as blunt) and won’t “sugar-coat” what he can and can’t do. On the flip side, a compassionate overall countenance is recognizable. Fourth, his high-star rating is supported by an “all-star” staff – Destiny, Chela, Vicki, Stacy, Crystal and Lauren have all been a pleasure. Destiny and Chela, his OR assistant and nurse – respectively, both offer their cell phone numbers and friendly support 24/7.

Finally, my path to weight loss has been a long one, accompanied by many bumps in the road. I began by psyching myself into believing that I was “normal” and strived to eat like a “normal” person for just one day at a time. However, the resultant residual lax skin was anything but normal, and something no amount of exercise could alter.

Now healing from my last surgery, the vertical thighplasty by Dr. L, I can see that I didn’t acquire the thighs of Giselle; but then again, didn’t become fluent in mandarin either. Instead, I recognize an emerging improvement and symmetrical contouring that is truly remarkable; something I never dreamed possible given the amount of damage at start. Dr. John LoMonaco is transforming me into my “best!-normal”! – synching my body more in tune with my psyche.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2672006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Two procedures with Dr. Lomonaco......fixing a hysterectomy scar/tummy tuck and a breast reduction. Beyond happy with both results. Staff is awesome. I knew he was the right surgeon when he made sure I had realistic expectations. (ie. I was fine NOT being Pamela Anderson) I researched surgeons from all over the country and ended up traveling 2300 miles to Houston, just to see Dr. Lomonaco. If I have any other procedures, I will again make the trip.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

I am 3 1/2 weeks post surgery from a mommy makeover. I waited 30 years to do this, and had decided I was either going to have plastic surgery or quit thinking about it. After interviewing three surgeons, I decided on Dr. LoMonaco. Before I even told him my vision, he described the way he sees my body and it was the same as I see it. We discussed realistic expectations, and were in agreement. Though my weight is far from being ideal, it is my stable weight and has been for quite some time. I was ready to be smoothed out and have the excess skin & some fat removed and my breasts reconfigured. I am pleased with the bodywork, and my breasts will probably need a revision in six months: this was expected, considering what we started with.

I have always been able to contact Destiny and Chela (including having their cell phone numbers), and Dr. LoMonaco answers his own emails. I feel my care has been very good. In my early results I can see that my expectations have been met, and in some ways surpassed, with regard to my body.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2651899].votes_count ]]