Rate Dr. Gonzalo G. Gurmendi

Dr. Gonzalo G. Gurmendi's Ratings

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Gurmendi. I have been seeing him for many, many years. I must say as I've told many people, he was a God send. He literally saved my life. I say this out of absolute truth and as a reminder that he is worth all the pain and torture that his receptionist will put you through. I have not marked a rating for the staff, because of her. Louis as she is named, is one of the MOST rude and awful human beings. She is short and impolite and down right demeaning. It is quite a shame because the people who seek the services of a psychiatrist, in my opinion need someone with more compassion and finesse. Unfortunately if you have, even one ounce of self-esteem, she will quickly squelch it out. Her behavior exhibits nothing but unkindness and intolerance where any person or persons is concerned. I have sat in his office and witnessed her treat other people with the same disrespect, as she has treated me. If a person doesn't at first come there with some kind of need for emotional support, they will definitely need it after dealing with her. It is a shame and a perceived detriment, in my opinion, that she even be associated with Dr. Gurmendi and his practice. The most tragic thing about her being his receptionist is this. I wonder how many people, who truly need his services, have been turned away, because of her? Again she is one of the most unpleasant and rude people I have ever met in my entire life. If you need treatment please do not let this deter you from seeking his care. Please note on the other hand that you will have to deal with her and endure her treachery. I will say that no matter how horrible Lois is, Dr. Gurmendi is still worth it in EVERY way!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598405].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Doctor Gurmendi is a fantastic doctor. His office manager is so horrific, unhelpful and rude that we are forced to change doctors. We have seen him for years but dealing with her has become so difficult that it is interfering with patient care (i.e. refused to alert him to an "emergency" the one time we have requested she do so).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Has bent over backwards time and time again to help me in every way. Saved my life. Best MD/Psychiatrist I have ever had, been with him for 9+ years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Very caring. Goes above and beyond to help. Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596491].votes_count ]]