Dr. Gilles Desroches

Rate Dr. Gilles Desroches

Dr. Gilles Desroches's Ratings

I am affraid Dr DesRoches does not listen to patient's concerns. I am not sure the current treatment he is giving me is appropriate, since I reported no neat improvement in my vision, in contrast with the previous treatment that worked well with me!!!. I also feel that his staff interfere in the job. ie,they seem to make decision over the phone. Over the last few months, I noted non-explainable changes in the Dr's suggested treatment. I am not sure if he reads this page.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2013

Dr Desroches is truly an amazing Ophtalmoligist but also an amazing person. He saw our daughter at 4 weeks of age (she weighed less than 5 lbs) and was very gentle and caring. He went above and beyond what we could have asked for and took the time to speak to us about her rare genetic disorder and what/how it could impact her eyes and vision later on. He also made a referral for her to see a Pediatric Ophthalmologist at CHEO - which we have yet to see or hear from. He has even followed up with a second letter to CHEO on our behalf to speed things up. What a FANTASTIC Doctor and person. HIGHLY recommend Dr. Desroches to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2011

I love love love Dr Desroches but he seriously needs a new secretary.It seems that Dr Desroches is not in the office until next week,she asked me a few questions then SHE diagnosed ME over the phone as having an infection of the retina!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her WHO came to that conclusion.She told me that it was HER according to my symptoms!She must have high credentials to be able to give out medical advice.She also reminded me that Dr Desroches is an Ophthalmologist and does not neccesarily deals with these problems???? What!!! He operated on me twice.She reminded me that I missed an appointment in April?? Really? I did not have an appointment in April.She also claims to have left a message on my answering machine.Checked my machine twice but there were no messages.At another time I called and said that I felt that I had another retinal detachment.She laughed at me and said only the dr could determine this.I agreed but I explained that I'd had a retinal detachment before.HELP!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2011

My first visit with Dr Desroches was an emergancy visit to Riverside when I was 12 and had a retinal detachment I am 30 now and and contine to have nothing but the highest respect for him and what he dose I dont know what I will do when he retires

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

My son just recently had a retinal detachment, and Dr Desroches was very prompt to get the surgery done, the only problems i had was that there was no time frame as to when my son was having the surgery so we sat in the waiting room for hours and the post op appointment the dr never showed up for, other then that he really does know his stuff, just wish he would be a little more punctual. Im very happy with the surgery and so is my son who is 10 years old.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Dr Desroches m'a opéré pour un détachement de la rétine en 2010 (scleral buckle). Il m'a mis en confiance, farceur, humain et m'a même dit que j"avais été un très bon patients. Il a sauvé mon oeil. C'est plus qu'un Dr. c'est un ami. Merci Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2011

I was referred to this quite competent doctor by another competent retina doctor as I moved to Ottawa 9 years ago. He indeed gave me a good treatment to my eyes. However recently, I could not get a prompt appointment with him, in spite of the significant deterioration of my eye, and the note from my eye specialist. I am not sure how you cannot see your retina doctor when he is in town, and you are deteriorating ! I may have to go to the hospital to see a specialist who is not familiar with my eyes and case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2010

Was diagnosed with a torn retina at my Opthamologist in Nepean and and saw Dr. Desroches 1.5 hours later at the Riverside. A gas bubble and laser surgery followed in less than 48 hours. You gotta love a guy who sets you at ease (We're talking about our VISION here! Who doesn't freak out about the prospect of loosing an eye!?) approaches his work with zest after 28 years and wears Hawaiian shirts to boot. We are fortunate that the technology exists and the expertise to use it is in the hands of a fine fellow like Dr. Desroches!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

I saw this Doctor one day after my visit at emergency.He is sooo amazing.He knows his stuff quite well,very compassionate and caring.When I came in I was crying because to me,losing my sight at my age was a bit much to bear.He turned my frown upside down.By the time I left I had been laughing so hard...my husband had quite the chuckles too.To the ones who left Dr Desroches a bad rating something must have gone wrong on YOUR end because this doctor is THE best....I'm actually looking forward to my next appointment! Anne and Andre

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

This man saved my sight. Saw me on weekends, after shifts, etc. Whenever I called with a a problem I was fit into his schedule within 24hrs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1621805].votes_count ]]