Rate Dr. Ebrahim Hazany

Dr. Ebrahim Hazany's Ratings

Dr. Hazany is a well-informed, nice psychiatrist. He is very professional, while at the same time being thoughtful. When I first came to him, I had just been hospitalized from being way too over-medicated from a previous psychiatrist. He didn't hesitate at all to make needed adjustments and to get me off a bunch of medicines I didn't need. The other psychiatrist I had (Dr. Ronald Persaud), was content to add medications on top of other medications without weaning me off of those I didn't need anymore. Dr. Hazany is the opposite...very willing to help me get by with the least amount of medication possible. His front office people are very nice. One of the women is very quiet and does her work in the background, but the other (Lisa) is very personable and knowledgeable and helpful. She always gives Dr. Hazany the messages I leave for him if I have any questions and then she calls me back with an answer. I highly recommend Dr. Hazany and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

While I was waiting for doc, the office clerk charged me $50 in advance to even billing my insurance company (which I have never paid a co-pay under). When I finally did see Dr. Hazany, he did not want to refill my current prescriptions that I have been on for about five years and have already been approved by my OBGYN. He said that I was too much of a liability because I was pregnant. He feared I would sue him for any birth defects, whether or not they are caused by my medications. Then, he continued to question me on whether or not I was going to keep my child (I am 6 months pregnant) because he is doomed for a mood disorder! Also, I was told by him that my child will suffer from codependency from ages 2-50 because I have fear of abandonment. When I asked if that would be fixable/workable with me in therapy, he replied, "Not in my experience."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I am so glad to have found Dr. Hazany. I am not a fan of Dr.'s, but he's an exception. I have been a smoker for 45+ years and very addicted to cigarettes. Couldn't go 1 hour without smoking. Dr. Hazany has put me on a multi faceted program and as a result, have been smokeless for some time now, something others were not able to do for me. He is very observant of me as a patient and is able to evaluate based on sound observations. I do not detect any ego issues with him as many in the medical profession have. His staff are absolutely a pleasure to deal with and his Lisa is just great.He may have added several years on to my life, and that's saying something.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

Dr. Hazany treated my husband in January 2012. 1st drug was a disaster, but 2nd drug seemed to work very well. My husband is much more composed and like himself that before. Overall, we believe he is as good a dr. as you're going to find in the Ventura area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Hazany is the first psychiatrist I've ever been to and I found him to be helpful and informative in diagnosing me and working to find the right treatment. Sometimes that takes time and different medications need to be tried. No one but you will know if they will make you feel better or worse. He and the staff have been very accommodating when I needed to drop by on short-notice and when I have to bring my kids. The blonde front desk lady is really nice and I've found her to be very helpful. The lady with the dark hair can be rude depending on her mood and how busy she is. The fact that there's a pharmacy in the same building is a big factor why I choose to see this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2011

Awful Doctor. Works on a basis of try this and see how it goes wasted 3 months of falling into worse symptoms then i came in with. This is no joke avoid doctor at all cost. Gave no info or cause behind 6 different prescriptions then caused more problems then solved. Every app was just here try this. Waste of money more importantly waste of 3 months feeling worse then ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2011

Rudest doctor and staff I have ever met. They constantly lie about calling insurance companies and patients. Save yourself the headache of dealing with this rude people. They don't know how to treat patients with respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2011

I've been going to him for two years. I've been to several psychiatrists over the years, and Dr. Hazany definitely knows his stuff. For the first time in 25 years I actually feel like a normal person. Better put, read the other positive comments on this site. They say it to a T. There will always be someone that has a bad experience, but trust me that it is far and few between in this office. Dr. Hazany is wonderful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2011

Omg......those 2 comments are so off! they must go to a different office than the one i have gone to for 5 years! the receptionist is so helpful to the point of me feeling bad for asking so much of her. she never complains and always helps me with my insurance etc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2011

Wow...I am surprised to read about the staff like this....His front office girl is excellent...helpful...and kind. My mother is older and she always has a kind word and time for her....the whole office is excellent including Dr. Hazany.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][596893].votes_count ]]