You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael A. Kropf

Dr. Michael A. Kropf's Ratings

We have been seating inside this doctor's office for 2 and a half hours with my 91 years old mom, waiting for the doctor. I think it is very disrespectful of someone's time to have us wait. Or anybody to wait that long. We made an appointment and we faxed all the information that is needed including all the application. When the doctor walked in he asked the same questions that we answered with the RN, obviously he did not read the file. They said that they were behind, i think they should not accept appointments that they cannot handle. The doctor is very thorough when he was discussing the issue, but, i still will not recommend this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I have had two surgeries by Dr. Kropf, a disc replacement and thoracic fusion. He was recommended to me by my wife's cousin, a retired and respected orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Kropf did not rush to surgery. But in both cases, he felt confident surgery could relieve me of my crippling back pain—after all other options were exhausted. I went to other top surgeons who recommended against surgery, but could not offer any alternatives. I opted to follow Dr. Kropf's advice, and I have my life back because of it. My lower back is completely pain free. I have only slight discomfort in the area of my fusion. I am fit, active, able to recreate and travel. I feel like he saved my life, and my entire family is grateful for what he has done for me.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1623941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Kropf suggested surgery for my pain which turned out to not be very effective. When I returned to ask what to do next he said I should wait 2 years before doing something else. I tried conservative therapies and nerve blocks with no lasting results, then consulted some other surgeons who agreed I needed a fusion, that Dr. Kropf's procedure would not work for my condition. Every visit to Dr. Kropf's office was a multi-hour ordeal with no explaination of why he was always hours late. His patient interaction skills are very odd.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1623940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2011

Doctor Kropf and his staff are top notch! 2 back surgeries in 2 yrs!! Both were successful and I'm grateful to Doctor Kropf! For those of you who say he lacks communication skills I say who cares! He's an introvert as are most Doctors I have dealt with. I did not go to him seeking his personality,language skills, etc. I went to him to be free of pain! I could careless if Doctor Kropf spoke 10 words to me or a 1,000 my only desire was, Can you help me? And yes he did!! He's awesome!! Barry Wallace (Bakersfield,Ca.)

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1623939].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2011

I had seen 4 orth dr who said my injury was over there skill level each one recomened dr kropf he doesn't talk slot but hid staff make sure you know everything to be comfortable He will answer any question but his staff is highly trained he also get you in an out quick as possible you don't wait hour in the lobby he said he understand the pain were in so he dosen't over book on a scale of 1 to 5 I give him a 10

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1623938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Kropf performed my Mother's lumbar spine surgery two years ago. This year he completed her cervical surgery. Dr. Kropf is extremely knowledgable and compassionate and my Mother's surgeries were a complete success. Additionally, her scarring is minimal. This is a medical group which specializes in all types of spine disorders and all their surgeons are world-class. I have recommended Dr. Kropf and the LA Spine Institute to many people and everyone I know who has dealt with the Spine Institute has had very successful surgeries. I have some issues regarding my neck, which I doubt will require surgery, but Dr. Kropf readily agreed to see me and ordered an MRI to investigate further. I would highly recommend Dr. Kropf and the LA Spine Institute.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1623937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2010

He may be a good surgeon but if he doesn't think you're bad enough to bring in the dough, forget him, no compassion, an ineffectual communicator. I shopped around after terrible tx by staff as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1623936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2010

I had severe back problems in 1992 and had had one failed surgery and was put in a body cast by another dr...When I saw Dr. Kropf things changed and he did a second surgery and put rods in my back. He has always seemed very knowledgeable and took time to hear what was going on with my past surgeries and progress. I have only good things to say about him and his Fullerton office staff. I have been virtually pain free after my rehab from surgery. I still have some muscle weakness etc. but I was in a hospital bed at home for 2 years before I saw him..so this is wonderful now! Back to fulltime work for the last 10 plus years..

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1623935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I went to Dr. Kropf for recurring back pain. At the first visit, he took xrays and told me that there was nothing that could be done for me. I suffered for months before finding another doctor who offered a few simple solutions that helped dramatically. In the meantime, I waited for hours every time I went to his office, only to see a PA who hadn't even looked at my file. I took disability leave from work and my pain kept getting worse under his care. I became very depressed after his needlessly pessimistic prognosis. He never ordered an MRI, bloodwork, or any diagnostic test other than the original xray. He was extremely rushed when I saw him and gave me very little information about my condition. Basically, I think he determined that I wasn't a candidate for surgery and wrote me off at that point, without referring me to another doctor or doing anything to help me. Perhaps he is a good surgeon, but he was terrible at diagnosing and treating my problem.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1623934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

horrible communicator, no compassion or support

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1623933].votes_count ]]