Rate Dr. John S. Smolowe

Dr. John S. Smolowe's Ratings

I have been a patient for several years and I have always found Dr. Smolowe to be one of the best doctors I have seen. He is professional, ethical, kind, compassionate and understanding. He is extremely flexible with his time when scheduling appointments, helpful with all insurance issues, promptly returns messages and easy to work with in all ways. I have always found him supportive, knowledgeable and would highly recommend him as a psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2479403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Smolowe for a long time and feel well qualified to rate him. From the very first meeting and continuing to the present Dr. Smolowe establishes a trusting, compassionate relationship and I have always felt that “he has my back” and my interests at heart. He is truly interested in learning how I feel and I find it very easy to talk with him. He has an amazing ability to provide wonderful insight and explanations for my experiences and moods, and consistently provides me with wonderful constructive and very helpful advice. I have never felt that he is taking down to me or not paying attention (which are remarkable qualities). He is always available and is able to accommodate and adjust his schedule to make time to see me even on short notice. . I give him the highest ratings and think he is truly a gifted therapist/psychiatrist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2479402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2014

There is no problem too big or too small for Dr. Smolowe. John listens actively to my anxieties, desires and joys and always helps me feel more comfortable in my own skin. I can tell him anything with confidence that I will be treated with respect and sincerity. John is a role model for a balanced, creative and happy life. I feel lucky to have him as my therapist and recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2479401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2014

John Smolowe is the finest psychotherapist/psychiatrist I have ever known. I am in the field of psychiatry and thus have had a great deal of experience with other psychiatrists. John is incredibly insightful and helps you think outside the box to solve interpersonal issues. He uses role playing in a brilliant manner that has been instrumental in both improving the relationships in my life and giving me new ways to approach issues relating to my career. John's knowledge of medication management is top notch and he is up to date on the latest medications. He is compassionate, caring and extremely accessible. Knowing John is there to back you up in times of distress is remarkably empowering. In summary, John is all you could ask for in a psychiatrist and more than I ever hoped to find.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2479400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Dr. was 10-25mins late for appointments. And he even didn't show up for 3 of my appointments. You can find a much better psychiatrist than him. He didn't listen to my concerns, especially when I told him my medication was not helping. I saw a new Dr. who said I shouldn't have been on the medication Dr. Smolowe was giving me. My new Dr. is much better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][597060].votes_count ]]