Rate Dr. Harvey F. Swan

Dr. Harvey F. Swan's Ratings

My family has had the best service, diagnoses and medical care for several years. We have not encountered anything but respectful courtesy and friendliness from Dr. Swan and the entire staff. Dr. Swan is highly experienced and knowledgeable and we have never thought twice about recommending him to our friends and relatives.

Submitted March 15, 2014 | flag

I was able to get an appointment right away as a new patient. When I arrived to the office the office staff were very polite and professional and they took care of me right away. Dr. Swan with his over 30 years experience knew exactly what I had and took care of it on the first visit.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2014 | flag

Diagnosed sensitive, dry, extremely reactive skin with rosacea as oily with seborrheic dermatitis and prescribed two very expensive topicals that would have caused severe damage. Did not ask about other medications (was on two that would also have treated seborrheic dermatitis.) Did NOT tell me diagnosis, I had to find out from my very confused pharmacist. Did not listen to anything I said; blew chilled air over my face at end of visit "to enhance blood flow" when outside temperature was extremely cold (ie, his action was pointless.)

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

Dr. Swan's office was one of several I called to schedule a mole removal. I asked his receptionist if Dr. Swan did mole removals. The receptionist said yes and claimed that he would conduct the procedure that very day. I showed up 15 minutes early for my appointment to fill out paperwork, after which I waited 45 minutes to see the doctor. Dr. Swan did not greet me or provide any eye contact. When I showed the Dr. the mole to be removed, he stated that he didn't do mole removals and offered to refer me to a plastic surgeon. At check out I told the receptionist that I didn't think I should be charged for the visit being that I was provided incorrect information. She let me go. The next day, the Office Manager for billing contacted me and spent 15 minutes chastising me for not paying. She yelled, accused me of lying and threatened me with a debt collector. She did not let me get a word in. Needless to say, I was shaking after the fact.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2013 | flag

Completely screwed up the diagnosis, was arrogantly wrong, intentionally under-treated so that I would have to return every 2 weeks. Completely unexcusable. DO NOT see this "Doctor."

Submitted July 31, 2013 | flag

At some point when you go beyond 70 years old, you need to know when to call it quits and retire...This doctor misdiagnosed a simple skin tag and made it so bad I had to have it cut out and stitched up. Now I have a beautiful scar, thanks a lot Dr. Swan!!!! DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR!!!! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!! Did I mention he doesn't even know how to treat face issues???

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

My children see Dr. Swan for acne treatment and he provides good service for that. He and his staff are polite and pleasant.

Submitted Dec. 31, 2012 | flag

Saw Dr. Swan once in 1996. Could have cost me my life. Misdiagnosed melenoma-mole on leg. Said was old age spot and treated with liquid nitrogen. Did no biopsey. 6 months later another dermatologist immediately recognized possible danger as mole had classic appearance of melanoma. Cancer had spread to lymph node and I received one year treatment of interferon. I wrote Dr. Swan about my experience and recommended he biopsey such moles in the future. No reply from Dr. Swan.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2012 | flag

Awful. Terrible staff and always running late. Like a factory, not patientcentric. His treatment seemed oriented to not work so i would have to come back again and pay more

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

pleasent office, Dr in proctice for over 30 years. Easy scheduling appointment. Not far from Fredericksburg, Va

Submitted April 26, 2011 | flag