You may also like

Rate Dr. Harvey F. Swan

Dr. Harvey F. Swan's Ratings

My husband and I recently went to Dr. Swan for the first time. We really liked both him and his office staff. While we did have to wait a short amount of time to see him we were both very happy with our visit and would recommend him to anyone seeking a good dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Professional general dermatologist. Dr. Swan is old school- 1 min chat chat, quick diagnosis, prescription, and you are off. Easy follow-up appointments if needed. I continue to go back as issues tend to come up. Some of the complaints people mention- don't make sense. He doesn't do mole removal, for example. I asked. If you can ask them on the phone, they are upfront with what the Dr does and doesn't do. What else could you want?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2724276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

I went to see Dr. Swan and had a very good experience. The office staff was nice and Dr. swan listened to me about my problem. He then told me what I had and gave me prescription. I was cleared up in less than 2 weeks. Very happy and would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Dr Swan mistreated me for a month. Had two visits and both times diagnosed me with eczema prescribed costly steroid cream. It kept getting worse. Went to an allergist for testing. Everything was normal and suggested seeing another dermatologist which I did. It was NOT eczema at all but fungal. The steroid creams made it worse. Second doctor took a scraping. He should have done that when I was not getting better. Would NEVER recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

My family has had the best service, diagnoses and medical care for several years. We have not encountered anything but respectful courtesy and friendliness from Dr. Swan and the entire staff. Dr. Swan is highly experienced and knowledgeable and we have never thought twice about recommending him to our friends and relatives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2131709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

I was able to get an appointment right away as a new patient. When I arrived to the office the office staff were very polite and professional and they took care of me right away. Dr. Swan with his over 30 years experience knew exactly what I had and took care of it on the first visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2131708].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Diagnosed sensitive, dry, extremely reactive skin with rosacea as oily with seborrheic dermatitis and prescribed two very expensive topicals that would have caused severe damage. Did not ask about other medications (was on two that would also have treated seborrheic dermatitis.) Did NOT tell me diagnosis, I had to find out from my very confused pharmacist. Did not listen to anything I said; blew chilled air over my face at end of visit "to enhance blood flow" when outside temperature was extremely cold (ie, his action was pointless.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2131714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

Dr. Swan's office was one of several I called to schedule a mole removal. I asked his receptionist if Dr. Swan did mole removals. The receptionist said yes and claimed that he would conduct the procedure that very day. I showed up 15 minutes early for my appointment to fill out paperwork, after which I waited 45 minutes to see the doctor. Dr. Swan did not greet me or provide any eye contact. When I showed the Dr. the mole to be removed, he stated that he didn't do mole removals and offered to refer me to a plastic surgeon. At check out I told the receptionist that I didn't think I should be charged for the visit being that I was provided incorrect information. She let me go. The next day, the Office Manager for billing contacted me and spent 15 minutes chastising me for not paying. She yelled, accused me of lying and threatened me with a debt collector. She did not let me get a word in. Needless to say, I was shaking after the fact.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2131713].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 6, 2013

My children see Dr. Swan for acne treatment and he provides good service for that. He and his staff are polite and pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2131707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2012

Saw Dr. Swan once in 1996. Could have cost me my life. Misdiagnosed melenoma-mole on leg. Said was old age spot and treated with liquid nitrogen. Did no biopsey. 6 months later another dermatologist immediately recognized possible danger as mole had classic appearance of melanoma. Cancer had spread to lymph node and I received one year treatment of interferon. I wrote Dr. Swan about my experience and recommended he biopsey such moles in the future. No reply from Dr. Swan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2131706].votes_count ]]