You may also like

Rate Dr. John M. Hilinski

Dr. John M. Hilinski's Ratings

Dr. Hilinksi did chin lipo on me. I had never had any sort of cosmetic surgery, or any type of surgery, before seeing Dr. Hilinski and so was nervous when I arrived for my consultation. From the moment I walked into the office I felt at ease. The cozy waiting room and extremely friendly surgical nurses who met me made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Hilinksi was very good with explaining my procedure, answering all my questions and talking me through all my nerves. The Hilinkski staff was amazing from the start of my surgery and until my last post op appointment. I am very pleased with my results. I had a great experience at Dr. Hilinkis's and would gladly return in the future!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Surgery 11/19/14

Task: rebuild right nostril after basal cell cancer surgery left a notch, widening the nostril opening in an unsightly manner.

Dr. Hilinski was one of 3 surgeons I interviewed. I selected him for the method he chose. Rather than just sewing it together, leaving a smaller and unbalanced visual effect, or just putting filler in, which the original dermatologist offered, he carefully evaluated me, shot photos, and proposed graft surgery using ear tissue.

The other factors that led me to select Dr H were: stand-alone dedicated surgery right on premises with its own parking, competent associates (whose names begin with A and C!), and his educational background and website.

On Nov 19, the anesthesiologist lightly anesthetized me, and my nose was repaired in a 2 hour operation. The nose pain lasted only a few days, but the ear hurt much longer. At the one month mark, I could see that my nose had been restored to a normal shape. Other than a slight color difference, the surgery was done with such skill that no one even notices now, 4 months after the operation. The ear pain has begun to subside.

I was very happy at every step of the process, and highly relieved that my normal appearance has been restored. He also has a radiant personality and gives the patient confidence that everything will turn out right, and it did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2747656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

If you have very large ears and I don't mean ears that stick out, Dr Hilinski is the doctor to make your ears smaller. It is virtually impossible to find doctors in the US that do ear reduction (macrotia) surgery. But Dr Hilinski is a master at it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2630005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

Dr. Hilinski did an amazing job on my daughter's sinus issues . I am so happy that we traveled the three hours to San diego. He is the best surgeon thank you linda kapitz

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2539080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

One of the most important things to me when I first consulted with Dr. Hilinski is that he's a board certified ENT & plastic surgeon. I really made a point to do my homework on Dr. Hilinski, & he definitely checked out...he's the real deal & a phenomenal surgeon. Dr. Hilinski also has a very good "bedside manner," and both prior to & after my surgery, I was able to directly contact him & get a quick response from him. His office staff is efficient & friendly, & his medical staff during the surgery were all absolutely great. Also, his office worked hard to get insurance approval to cover my surgery. With all of that said, I'm now 2 1/2 years post op, & I'm THRILLED with the work he did. The results he'd estimated in the pre-ops were very accurate to the results I now have. Since the initial surgery, he met with me regularly & did injections to ensure the best possible outcome & avoid any scar tissue. His patience & expertise are the reason my end results are so incredible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2388385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

This doctor is a very gifted surgeon and artist! I had him do a couple procedures and I'm very happy with my results. One of my family members is very respected surgeon in his field, and I have been around MD's all my life, this man ranks up there with the very best of them in his abilities!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][597898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

I had suffered from anxiety all my life because I had a case of Macrotia (large ears). I almost lost all hope after many failed attempts in searching for a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to perform the difficult ear reduction surgery. Not many surgeons heard of this kind of operation let alone perform it. Then I found Dr. Hilinski. Finding him is like finding a pot of gold. Dr. Hilinski and his staff went above and beyond to make me feel so comfortable with their outstanding services and commitment to each and everyone of their patients. After surgery and after all the swelling went down, I could not believed how amazing my ears looked with no visible scar. What Dr. Hilinski did to my ears exceeded my expectations. He has the hands of God. I will never ever let any other surgeon touch me, Dr. Hilinski is the only doctor I have 110% trust in. I will never find a more down to earth, sweet, caring, and talented doctor. I am truly thankful to Dr. Hilinski for changing my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][597899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

BUYER BEWARE! I had two surgeries by Hilinski, the second resulting because the first time he did not do what we discussed. I should have been smarter and gone to someone else! My second surgery he was supposed to correct what he messed up on first time( didn't take enough out of my bridge, uneven shaving of my bone resulting in two lumps) and also fix my tip. He missed my computerized imaging appointment bc he was over a hour late! He's always really late btw- I explained multiple time what I wanted . Post surgery over two years later after he first and 1 yr after the second he still tried to use injections to cover up his horrible work. My nose is worse than it was when I started and I paid him for two surgeries. Then I told him I was dissatisfied and he dropped me as a patient. He is extremely unprofessional and morally wrong. There are a ton of doctors DO NOT GO TO HILINSKI! He will rip you off with no remorse! I will be taking legal action. Don't go down the same path I am :(.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][597900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Had prior nose surgery many years ago but too much cartilage was removed. Lot of difficulty breathing, septum visible in nostril and had a perforation that caused me to whistle at night. An ENT surgeon told me that he couldn’t help and Dr. Hilinski was the only person in San Diego that could repair the damage. I saw other surgeons who were mostly concerned with aesthetics. Several even told me that my breathing might not even improve. Dr. Hilinski was concerned with the FUNCTION of my nose and was confident he could repair the damage. Dr. Hilinski did my surgery last summer. It was an extremely complicated procedure. Even with the swelling and bandage under my nose, I could tell my breathing was improved! Pain was not as bad as I thought and was only on pain meds for a few days. The ear graft was uncomfortable, but not horrible. My breathing is incredible!! It has totally changed my life. My nose looks beautiful too. Dr. Hilinski is a master surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][597897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Dr. Hilinski did nothing short of amazing to fix my nose after a pretty bad dog bite that ripped through one nostril and tore the other one open. I could not be happier with my nose. After the dog bite I naturally thought I would have a gross looking nose for the rest of my life. In a moment where I was vulnerable, Dr. Hilinski gave me back self-confidence. I'm so thankful that I came from Central California down to San Diego. The staff is very helpful and on multiple occasions post-operation I was seated early and out quickly. You will not meet a friendlier or more helpful doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. I think there are pictures on his website of my nose if anyone is curious.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][597896].votes_count ]]