Rate Dr. John D. McCaffery

Dr. John D. McCaffery's Ratings

My children and I have been going to see Dr. McCaffrey for many years for many reasons and I find him to be one of the most caring and knowledgeable physicians that I know. I first met him when I suffered from vertigo. He was able to fix the problem in one visit with no recurrence. My son had been getting sick frequently and not responding to medications like we'd hoped so, upon his recommendation and after careful consideration on my part, we had him remove my young son's tonsils and adenoids. It has made an amazing difference in my son's life. Dr. McCaffrey was great about calling to follow up after the surgery and even gave me his home phone number in case I had any additional concerns or questions. Though the waiting room time might be longer than I would like, I have decided over the years that he is one physican that is worth the wait. We also go to him when anyone in the family has other ENT related issues. My mother is a patient of his and thinks he's wonderful as well.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

We had to wait almost 2 hours for my sons first visit. He seemed to know what he was doing, but didn't wash his hands nor wear gloves, which was disturbing, especially since he was looking deep into my son's nasal cavity. Five weeks and two visits later my son has been diagnosed with a staph infection deep in his nasal cavity. The Dr.'s assistant called and recommended CT scan. I asked for MRI, but heard nothing. I finally got through to Dr., who said MRI would be fine - 6 days ago. His staff still hasn't ordered it and knows nothing about it. His staff is rude when I speak to them. I'm looking for another Doctor now.

Submitted May 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. McCaffery diagnosed my cancer when my CAT scan was read as negative. After surgery he called to check on me. He also directed me to UCLA for a second opinion for further treatment. After five years I am cancer free. I would rate my treatment as excellent.

Submitted June 18, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mccaffery did my sinus surgery and he made it easy to understand what the next step would be. So I was prepared and not shocked when it happened. He has the best bedsided manner of any doctor I have used prior. I would certainly recommend Dr. Mccaffery.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2011 | flag

Dr. McCaffery did a surgery for me and has worked very closely with me for over a year following up on my condition. He calls at night after long hours to check on me. No other doc has done that. My first impression was that he was a little impatient and I wasn't sure I was going to be satisfied. Now, I know that McCaffery is committed to my well being and he has been very accommodating dealing with my chronic issues. Great Doc!

Submitted Feb. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. McCaffery has done surgery on both of my kids, and took GREAT personal interest in each of their cases. He called to check up on them multiple times per day from his home, and asked us to call back on his home line. He cares for his patients, much more than the average doc! He is a great man.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2010 | flag

I would NOT recommend Dr. McCaffery. I had to undergo surgery with him just to find out he did a terrible job and I had to go to another ENT to get it fixed. He is very unsympathetic and rude. Terrible experience and will never go back.

Submitted June 12, 2010 | flag

Over one hour late for my 10:30 am appt. once I got to him, he was great.

Submitted June 10, 2010 | flag

I was sent to this doctor by State Disability for an hearing exam. He stated that I had NO hearing loss when, in fact, later when I was examined by a Board certified ophthalmologist I had severe loss of hearing in both ears and in need of aids for both ears.

Submitted May 18, 2010 | flag

Dr. McCaffery listened, checked out everything to my satisfaction, but he was a bit forgetful with some paperwork. He does seem to care though. His office staff is severely lacking and you have to call them back because they will forget.

Submitted July 23, 2008 | flag