Rate Dr. Edward J. Hillman

Dr. Edward J. Hillman's Ratings

Dr. HILLMAN excellent very knowledgeable and excellent bedside manners. Good things come in small packages!! Highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Wow! Only dissatisfied people post comments and all the thousands of the satisfied patients remain silent. One of these complaints call him “short and rude” and I must say that they are 50% right, he is short! But that didn’t stop him when four other doctors at two different hospitals sent me home one day in 2002 because they could not find the cause or reason for the blood that was coming out of my mouth. They claimed it “might be a vain vessel” that has popped. Dr. Hillman did not give up that night, he kept searching. At one point he was on top of the bed looking into my throat. Finally he said “I see something way back there that I need to examine better, please come to my office tomorrow. Long story short, next day he found an abscess and it was cancer. Thanks to Dr. Hillman we caught it early and after surgery and 39 treatments of radiation I am here today 11 years later and cancer free. So, would I recommend the Dr., you bet I would!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

I have been with Dr Hillman foro many years, as well as my husband. He has been very corteous and have solve every single issue I had when I visited

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2012

Worst doctor ever!!! Very short and rude. Would not recommend at all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I was very disappointed at his billing practice. He charges the insurance company $280.00 for a office consultation and $130.00 for ear wax removal. We ended up paying $211.00. He used a new patient code in order to increase amount for office consulation but when I called to ask what is the difference in examination for a new patient and an existing patient the staff was not able to answer my question but got upset at my questioning and told me that the fees were very reasonable. The whole office visit was 3 minutes so expect to pay $136.00 per minute when seeing Dr. Hillman. I should have paid attention to the comments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

Wow, I could not agree more with the reviewer who said NO BEDSIDE MANNER. He was extremely tempermental and rude to me, and I am not one to complain--I understand that doctors of all forms are very busy and do not consider myself worthy of "special treatment." My one appointment with him lasted all of 5 minutes, although I waited 45 minutes to see him, and he was still extremely agitated with one phone call from me regarding something that could affect my health for the rest of my life. I experienced the same thing the other reviewer did in terms of him blaming me for taking him away from clinic. I would not recommend him or his services to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2010

Absolutely NO BEDSIDE MANNER! Patients are nothing but a dollar sign. He charged as a "surgery" a very simple procedure of inserting a tube for about 10 seconds, all this for $450.00 plus office fee. His staff was supposed to call me to provide my prescription and after a week, i called. After leaving 5 MESSAGES over a period of a month and NO ONE RETURNING MY CALL i finally was able to speak with his nurse, who said she never got my messages! I asked to speak with Dr. Hillman to let him know about my calls not being returned (They were supposed to have contacted me to begin with). He called me the next day and even before i started to speak, he said i was interrupting him seeing his patients at the office and to be quick about it! after I explained that i have been waiting for my medication he didnt even apologize,that he was not there to talk to me about his office but to "help me" medically. His attitude was horrible showing clearly he has no time patience or regard for patients

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598372].votes_count ]]