Dr. Brad Stewart

Rate Dr. Brad Stewart

Dr. Brad Stewart's Ratings

Dr Stewart thinks more of himself sometimes than his patient's welfare. He is not open to any suggestion, "believe me I know this" his favourite line, or I didn't pull it put of my ...." I hope I can find another neurologist to review my case.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Stewart since 2006. I had severe migraines and a couple of head injuries. Dr. Stewart was always attentive, kind and did everything he could to assist my issues. I was on a low budget so he made sure things worked out in my favor. In the end, we found that botox worked better than anything other drug we had tried over the years. I am grateful to him for that as I would be bedridden for days. It's sad that he is suspended but we all make mistakes. I look forward to his return so I can continue on with my treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2013

Dr. Stewart is passionate about his area of expertise - the brain - and willing and ready to give you his all as long as you are commited to helping yourself. He has been open to my suggestions about trying different things for my very hard-to-treat migraines and has been flexible with me when I have become frustrated at the lack of progress with the meds he has prescribed. Despite what some people have commented here, he IS caring and personable, just working within a very high pressured system that has him in constant demand. As well, the ones who are unhappy with what he tells them are, by and large, not willing to make the hard changes to first help themselves, something, yes, I think Dr. Stewart probably has little time for. Medicine is a collaborative relationship. He received way too harsh of a punishment for his transgression and it us a detriment to his 100s of patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Just saw this Dr. for the third time.I cannot believe that now that he's suspended his diagnosis has changed.It was like seeing Dr.Jekle and Dr.Hyde how do you go from having a neurological disease to it's all in your head.Just because I haven't fallen over and broken any bones! I wonder if my treatment would have been different if I had a broken hip or arm upon arrival to this appointment.Yes no new symptoms but the ones I have are now more frequent. It's not my fault I only see him once every 6 to 8 months so if its not the first diagnosis then you would think he would investigate a little more.So if your not seriously effected by your disease Stewart won't help you no money in that.If your looking for a caring Dr.he ain't he has no answers and is unwilling to take a moment to find out what it is.Oh wait he's suspended but he has lots of time for botox treatments just ask the 6 patients in his waiting room. Very Disappointed in this DOCTOR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Stewart to anyone suffering from chronic migraines; he does'nt give up on you, if one treatment does not work he moves on to another. I have nothing but good things to say about this specialist. I am grateful to have a doctor that wants to treat migraines. He treats you with respect and listens to you. Best wishes Dr. Stewart!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628935].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. Stewart is a professional with good up to date knowledge. He has been very helpful in helping me with my migraines. He has also helped with another neurological issue that I had developed. Dr. Stewart is an EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN! and would NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

Dr. Stewart has been suspended from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta for 15 months for having an inappropriate a sexual relationship with a patient, receiving inappropriate medical information from a former patient with whom he was sexually involved, and inappropriate providing medical treatment for someone not under his care and with whom he was sexually involved. This speaks to his arrogance and lack of ethics, morals and professionalism. Details are available on the College of Physician and Surgeons of Alberta website.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628938].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2013

He is arrogant guy who dosent listend to his patients. He wastes time talking about his weekend and family then just pushes drugs. Dont waste your time with this doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2012

Dr Stewart is a punctual and knowledgable dr regarding m.s. But he can also be very closeminded. If you have had the ccsvi procedure i recommend not telling him you've had it. He will argue with you and lecture you like a child and not listen to what you have to say. I've never had a physician be-little me like he did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2012

I have found Dr Stewart to be an excellent neurologist. He diagnosed my GBS/CIDP in 10 minutes and gave me a two year time frame for recovery which is pretty close to where I am. I found him to be affable, thorough and professional and when my health took a turn outside his realm he handed me over to a specialist for additional treatment. I was very happy with his care and treatment of my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1628931].votes_count ]]