Rate Dr. James S. Barna

Dr. James S. Barna's Ratings

This doctor has operated on both myself and my daughter. Have never had anything but the most positive experience and I trust Dr. Barna 100%. Great bedside manner and very caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Absolutely horrid experience. Overbooked, and over an hour and half wait to see Barna on each of my visits. His bedside manner is very unprofessional. He sees to many patients and I was just another cog in the wheel. He had me do a MRI on sinus cavity, allergy tests and still did not help my problem. On my last visit he slouched on the bench, and said well surgery might help. He didn't have a clue whether it would or wouldn't. I wouldn't trust this physician to any treatment and neither should you. Take my advice and seek out a superior ENT doc who can help you rather than take your money and waste your time!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Very positive experience with this doctor. I was afraid I had throat cancer and he really put my mind at ease. I have no medical insurance and he did not charge me a dime for my follow up visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Friendly office staff and very approachable competent physician . Would defiantly recommend Dr Barna.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

Uncaring (except for receiving my payment) very poor diagnosis and followup from a man who cares about his Corvette more than his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I could not recommend this dr., he was very abrupt, didn't seem interested in my symptoms, ordered a cat scan, briefly spoke with me on a return visit..did not take the time to explain results...just said everything is normal...will not go back to this dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Barna's for 10 years. I have referred many friends to him and they all have been very pleased with their care. He is a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2009

While Dr. Barna seemed pleasant and knowledgeable, I believe the staff under his supervision could best be described as quite dangerous. If you were to ask me to recommend his practice I could not. To claim extensive knowledge of allergy treatments and yet to put me in a position where my life was threatened, and then to pass off my reporting of side effects as frivolous, I still find incredible. To add insult to what could have been very grave injury indeed, I was then handed over to collections for refusal to pay the invoice for the miscalculated treatment which nearly cost me my life. Apparently I did not make my point strongly enough in the matter, but I find the handling of my situation to be Machiavellian at best. I would strongly advise anyone seeking allergy treatment to thoroughly research all options and verify the quality of any health care provider under consideration.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Great experience. Office staff is very helpfull. Another surgeon completely messed up my sinus surgery and Dr. Barna had to repair the damage and I have never felt better!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598558].votes_count ]]