Rate Dr. Lovina H. Sabnani

Dr. Lovina H. Sabnani's Ratings

At my last office visit over one year ago, I was interrogated on the prescriptions listed in my health records. You are supposed to feel comfortable with your doctor, but I felt like a criminal. Now that it is time to renew my nasal spray, I refuse because I don't want to deal with this doctor. She is the only option in Hilo, and I would rather be ill than have to step foot in her office again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Unprofessional. Made rude, snarky comments. It was like she was scolding me the whole time, even though I wasn't provoking her or anything (by comparison her nurse was super nice and i even had a small conversation with her, a totally different experience). I said thank you anyway at the end because I'm polite but she just walked away. Made uncomfortable comments that made me feel like she was judging me. I want to look into seeing another ENT but since she's the only one on the island. I learned afterwards I'm not the only person who's been rubbed the wrong way by her apparently, but then I kind of just felt bad for her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2590118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

My daughter had been having a sore throat and spots on her tonsils and throat that would remain for approximately a week, then disappear for 1-2 weeks. I called to make an appointment when her symptoms were at their worst, then had to wait 2 weeks for the appointment, during which time my 16 yr old daughter's symptoms went away. After a 15 minute visit, the doctor told me, in her professional opinion that my daughter was lying about her symptoms in order to avoid doing something. Since that appointment the symptoms continue to come and go, with no solution. But since there is only one ENT doctor on the island, there isn't much I can do. Now she's being seen by her primary doctor for other problems in the same general area, which could be related.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2517429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2014

My husband died the next day after having in office surgery with her

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][598661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

After my child became frightened at the yard long fiber optic cable that was to be inserted into her nose, the dr became very defensive. She told us to go and get an X-ray and that my child's should see a psychiatric for her nasal issues.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][598660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Dr. Sabnani was very kind and had a great bed-side manner. She was very competent and seemed to go even above what I would have expected her to in getting me the diagnosis and care that I needed. I wish all doctors were like her and that she could be my primary care physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

She is very caring and knows her business

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][598658].votes_count ]]