Rate Dr. Robert McLaughlin

Dr. Robert McLaughlin's Ratings

Dr. McLaughlin has been my family dr. for almost 15 years, he is also my 5 yr old son's dr. He is very understanding and takes great care in our appointments and well being. He is sympathetic to my Crohn's disease and has referred me to the top specialists/surgeons in the city and always follows up after I have been to someone else. The staff is much better now that they are in their new facility, and we will continue to see Dr. McLaughlin for years to come.

Submitted March 26, 2012 | flag

The best family Doctor there is, I have had some good doctors before but he takes it to another level with his knowledge and compassion. I don't understand the negative comments about his staff at all. They have always been wonderful.Sometimes they get busy and can't answer all of your concerns. That's the way it is everywhere.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

I agree with most all the comments. Dr. McLaughlin is awesome and the staff are terrible. My wife has had at least three appointments where she showed up and they told her that her appointment time as on a different day/time.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

Dr. McLaughlin is excellent. Front line staff are very rude, very short with comments/remarks.... A nasty group.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2011 | flag

I would endorse what most of the contributors to this site have said, in that as a family in Cochrane, we have found Dr. McLaughlin to be the finest GP that we have ever had anywhere in the world.. He does take time to listen to you, and will not “push you out of the door” until you are satisfied that he has addressed your concerns. Dr. McLaughlin is very proactive in ensuring your health and wellbeing, e.g. he has sent members of our family to an appropriate specialist for proactive investigation because of a history of hereditary illness. We have also found that he is kind, caring and has an excellent sense of humour.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

One of the best physicians I have ever been to. He is very knowledgeable, punctual, and takes the time to ask questions and get to the bottom of things. If it is something beyond his abilities he does not hesitate to say so and refer you to a specialist. Very caring and patient and was excellent with my elderly mom who was not an easy patient by any means. He was the only doctor that understood her and looked after her in a very caring manner until her passing - a better physician you can not find. Also, he was the only doctor that she ever liked - that says lots! The office staff need some training in graciousness and manners though and lose some of the arrogant attitude.

Submitted July 15, 2011 | flag

Finest Doctor I have ever had. He is a Irish saint. He has always taken the time to listen and act on my health issues.

Submitted June 23, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor...staff horrid, rude and most often abrasive!! High desk they sit at needs to be removed to make them less intimidating...

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

Excellent doctor. Have been his patient since he came to Cochrane. He is thorough, listens to your concerns and knows where to send you if you require a specialist.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2010 | flag

Thorough, usually on time, listens well, very approachable. Knows when he needs to refer on. Highly recommend him.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2010 | flag