Dr. Scott W. Podlesh

Rate Dr. Scott W. Podlesh

Dr. Scott W. Podlesh's Ratings

Had my second wisdom tooth extraction with Dr. Podlesh. Well, I must say this experience was completely different from the previous one. With my first wisdom tooth surgery (with another doctor) my cheek has been swollen for a week, and I was living on painkillers for the whole 3 days before the pain became bearable. Since the second tooth's position was mirroring the first one, I expected the same experience. However, this one was completely different. I took 20 mins for the surgery, and 1 painkiller after anesthesia was over and that's it! It did hurt for couple of days, but was completely bearable and my cheek was back to normal in 2 days (I didn't use an ice, wanted to sleep after my sedation). Quick checkup in a week with his assistant, and now I can forget about my wisdom teeth! Doctor is not the kind of person that will cuddle with you, but I didn't need it. He answered my questions, we had a formal small talk, and that's enough for the social intercourse IMO.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2011 | flag

I had a failing root canal with an abcess. After Dr. Podlesh pulled the tooth, he told me I am an excellent candidate for a dental implant. After he placed the implant, I had an infection and the gums started bleeding. Dr. Podlesh was only afraid about a lawsuit from me, not at all concerned about the pain. I went to Valley Medical Hospital. The Neurologist said my trigeminal nerve is damaged. And the nerve won't heal unless the implant is taken out. I went to see 3 other Oral Surgeons right away. Dr. Podlesh told them there is nothing wrong with the implant, and the other Surgeons refused to take it out. Now, it has been awhile, and the bone around the implant has swelled up the gums are bleeding. I am in so much pain, I once blacked out and got into a car accident. Dr. Podlesh did not even care about the pain from the beginning. If anyone can help me, please contact me. The pain is unbearable especially at night.

Submitted July 20, 2009 | flag

Dr. Podlesh removed a wisdom tooth for me a few years ago (May 2004, I think). Contrary to the experience of some reviewers, I found him quite friendly - his manner is very straightforward, and perhaps a little sarcastic, but I did not find this rude or off-putting. In my initial consultation, surgical visit, and several follow-up appointments, I found Dr. Podlesh to be both courteous and responsive to my questions and concerns. He and his staff were no less prompt than any other doctor these days. Mine was a tough surgery with a couple of potential complications. Dr. Podlesh was knowledgeable, explained well what the issues and risks were, and I felt very confident about his abilities. Surgery went smoothly, as did my recovery from the general (not so with my first oral surgeon), and I was pleased with my follow-up care. I deducted from the staff service because, for one of my follow-up visits, they were supposed to contact me to schedule and they did not.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2008 | flag

Staff was very helpful indeed, and Dr Podlesh was very helpful, explained everything, and interrupted his lunch to see me.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2007 | flag

Good and very knowlegable doctor, very good surgeon but I agree with other reviewers, a bit of I don't care attitude, not returning phone calls and not paying attention to what you are saying.

Submitted March 28, 2007 | flag

Had to keep probing for answers!

Submitted Nov. 28, 2005 | flag

Dr. Podlesh seemed knowledgeable, but unwilling make me feel welcome. At least that was the impression I got from him. I have been to his office about four to five times now, and he doesn't even try to care about any comments questions or concerns you might have. I was so very disappointed. I mean, I did have to pay a a lot of $$ for my rather extensive treatment like it is expected, but *I* also expected something in return, which I did not get. I am sure this will make no difference whatsoever in the quality of the service he offers, nor will it make a difference in his practice. I just wish I had taken my thousands of dollars and spent it at another practice, where I might feel appreciated for being a customer (not even a patient anymore, seeing as this stuff hardly matters anymore). So, kudos Dr. Podlesh. Kudos for showing me once again that drs these days just don't care. Just come in, get your**** done, pay, get out. And don't forget to refer your friends & family here.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2005 | flag