Rate Dr. Gerald Todd

Dr. Gerald Todd's Ratings

A true gentleman, excellent surgeon and a caring human being. Example: Approximately 2 years ago, Dr. Todd performed a cryogenic prostate cancer operation totally successfully. A year later, Dr. Moore did a sucessful kidney transplant. When I woke from the anesthetic, Dr. Todd was the first person I saw in my room, waiting for me to come to"Hi, Bill, How ya doin'", along with a big welcoming smile was the greeting afforded me by this competent, caring Doctor. Thank you, Dr. Todd!! I rated Merree a 2 because she is quite stand-offish and somewhat impersonal - for her position, these are not plusses.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2012 | flag

This doctor/surgeon is the reason I can write a review today.He saved my life.Plunked out my cancerous kidney.No post op problems.Excellent follow up.You never feel rushed at your appointments and he will answer all your questions.I hope he is slicing and dicing for years to come.A truly gifted Doctor. Ron in Lethbridge(formally of Edmonton)

Submitted Dec. 29, 2011 | flag

I was transferred to Dr. Todd after my Saskatchewan surgeon was hospitalized. I consider myself and donor extremely lucky to be put in Dr. Todd's care. His bedside manners were incredible. He visited me every day that I was in the hospital describing what was going to take place and answering any questions and concerns that I had. The pre op and post op care was fantastic. 10 out of 10. Nursing staff , Aides, cleaning staff and all staff were top notch. I was up and walking the day after my operation and discharged by day 5 feeling fantastic. Thank you Dr. Todd and UOA staff for making my transplant a success and my experience so pleasant.

Submitted June 4, 2011 | flag

A great listener, takes the time to answer all questions, never makes you feel rushed. An excellent surgeon, great bedside manner, a very humble man.

Submitted March 14, 2011 | flag

I'm happy, that you're my doctor in this bad time, when I got the result cancer. I have nothing to say, only you made a good job, I#m cancerfree, thank you Dr. Todd.

Submitted June 14, 2010 | flag

Excellent Doctor, too bad his secretary doesn't listen to You it would avoid a lot of mix ups

Submitted Dec. 19, 2009 | flag

I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Dr. Todd, ten years ago I had a left nephrectomy due to cancer and had fantastic results. I return to him ten years later with a little glinch in my bladder and again have been made feel at ease. Dr. Todd is a very personable and caring Doctor. I hope all his residents take careful note of his expertise and absolutely great bedside manner. I have been blessed to be in his care. Thank you.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2009 | flag

Dr. Todd is excellent. We have had nothing but TOP care from him since my dad was diagnosed with Cancer. He ALWAYS makes time for us after procedures and has an excellent bedside manner. He is very well liked by staff and patients. HE TRULY CARES

Submitted June 24, 2009 | flag

I leave this rating in hopes that Dr. Todd might see this! There is a young child in the Stollery ward waiting for a Kidney transplant. The poor young man is struggling to hold on and make it to the transplant and has been very weak and sick. He is just over a yr old and desperatly needs this surgery! There was a tentative surgery date for april but now he is going on HOLIDAYS!! This young man needs his transplant and the sooner the better! Everyone needs holidays but Dr. Todd wont be coming back until JUNE! This lil guy is lucky he has lasted this long! Dr. Todd please dont waste anymore time! He is sitting there waiting for you to even come see him now... just go and meet with the other Drs and see how important this is!

Submitted May 1, 2009 | flag

I'm a surgeon and when I needed a urologist, I knew that Dr. Todd was who I wanted. Gerry is a superb surgeon, and if you're lucky enough to get him, count your blessings, because you're in the very best of hands! Edmonton is indeed fortunate to have him.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2009 | flag