Rate Dr. Ashutosh Kacker

Dr. Ashutosh Kacker's Ratings

If I could give this fraud a minus rating I would. My wife had developed an acute earache with appreciable hearing loss. Our primary physician recommended Kacker so we made an appointment. When we saw him, he was perfunctory in the extreme, looked at her ears (without probes) and said she had impacted wax and promptly started aspirating her ears. He said that after his magical wax removal, she would regain her hearing. And even though the interior of one ear was moist and inflamed he proclaimed her infection free. He also told her she should cancel the hearing test she had set up at his clinic for the next day. When we got home, my wife's condition worsened and we eventually checked her in to New York Presbyterian, where she was diagnosed with pneumonia. She now had almost total hearing loss in the inflamed ear. Her pneumonia is being treated successfully, but she remains deaf in the "non-infected" ear. Dr. Kacker can certainly expect to be facing a malpractice suit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kacker from Dr. Boyle (memorial sloan kettering)...I met with Dr. Kacker and felt so confident with his Dx. When you have confidence in the Dr you know you will get better. He has an amazing personality that helps with your healing and knowing he is doing what needs to be done to help you....my sinuses have been infected for many months and closed...he does not jump right into surgery...he will do what needs to be done before he opts for surgery. When you go to a ENT specialist or any ENT Dr...they first do put the camera up your nose so he can view what is going on with your sinuses....when I read the review that a patient had made about the Dr just took this thing sprayed his nose without telling him ...I said what the heck did this patient expect? The Dr must look into your nose with a camera to see what is going on with your sinuses. Dr. Kacker thank you for being a great ENT Dr. we will see you again soon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 31, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kacker who dismissed my symptoms and concerns. Before I knew it was lifting my nose and spraying anesthetic without telling me what he was doing or explaining the proceedure, until I lifted my hands to make him stop and tell me what he was doing. Now I will receive a fee for the scope which tells him nothing about the soft tissue in the front part of my neck. I am not sure I will see him again even if the MRI shows growths and he assured me that ALL abnormalities will show up in the MRI which he did not order. For me this was a wasted appointment. He seems jovial enough, and is likely very good at the sinus issues which seemed to be the profile of the patients in his office. I just wasn't able to move forward with any more clarity than whenI walked in the door to his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2012

Dr. Kacker performed two sinus surgeries on me in 2008 and in 2009. I had a tumor growth and a deviated septum in my sinuses. He did an excellent job on both. He explained everything very patiently and very well, in terms of what to expect during surgery, after surgery, in the future, etc. The healing went very well and I am now fully recovered. I go to him once a year now and listen to his advice very carefully. He is an amazing doctor and really saved me from some serious damage to my sinuses and one eye.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

Very careful and attentive. Went for a nasal congestion problem and was afraid that the nasal endoscope will hurt. He was very gentle and I barely felt anything. He is very well-mannered, willing to listen to you and explain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2012

Very easy to talk to, genuine and patient about treating you (i.e. will not rush into making a decision and will work with you to avoid surgery). Highly support him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

I HAD A SEVERE SINUS INFECTION FROM A DENTIST. IT WAS AGREED BY THE 4 SURGEONS I SAW THAT I NEEDED SINUS SURGERY. 3 SURGEONS WANTED TO INVOLVE THE TOOTH. DR. KACKER DISAGREED. I WENT WITH HIM. THE SURGERY WAS PERFECTION, I CAN FREELY BREATHE, AND I STILL HAVE MY TOOTH. DR. KACKER DID A GREAT JOB AND HAD THE CORRECT PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW REGARDING MY SURGERY. HE IS A CHEERFUL AND FRIENDLY DR., TALKATIVE, ABLE TO EXPLAIN MATTERS, AND TECHNICALLY EXCELLENT. I DO RECOMMEND HIM HIGHLY,

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Just received a septoplasty and turbinate reduction from Dr. Kacker. A day later and I have no swelling and with the pain killers I feel pretty decent. He made me feel comfortable with his vast expertise. I definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Dr Kacker is a kind and smart doctor. I started seeing him a few years ago due to an onset of tinnitus. While there is no cure Dr. Kacker has been able to teach me many coping mechanisms and is always quick to return my phone calls. I would recommend him in a heart beat!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2010

Dr. Kacker is one of the best doctors I have ever met. He has been very supportive of my sinus issues since first seeing me. His knowledge and patience are impressive. I feel very lucky to have him as my ENT. I refer friends and family to him due to his great care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600444].votes_count ]]