Rate Dr. Robert A. Guida

Dr. Robert A. Guida's Ratings

Dr. Guida has horrible bedside manner and was overall not very caring of me as a patient. He leaves the room without notice or saying goodbye. I went in to have my broken nose fixed and have my sinuses re-sectioned. After the surgery I was in the worst pain of my life and I had to go to the hospital two times. I tried to call Dr. Guida only to have him snap at me and offer me no help. He did not see me until 3 weeks after my surgery. The cast on my nose was visibly set crooked and my bones healed that way. After the 2nd month he never saw me again and dodged my calls. After a year, I officially requested my medical records, since I need corrective surgery because of this. In my records he noted that part of my nose collapsed during surgery and I had a slew of other complications. He never informed me of any of these issues during surgery. As a result my nose is crooked, pointy (from his attempt at tip adjustment), and I cannot breath at all from my nose. The worse part of all was his blatant neglect of me after surgery. Be very careful I went to him from all the good reviews only to find out a lot of other people had similar problems with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

From the initial consultation to all the post operation visits, I have nothing but great things to say for Dr. Guida and his entire staff. The initial consultation: Dr. Guida gave me the confidence that we could return my nose and even improve what it was before. He showed me on a computer screen what it would looked like. When i looked at pictures of his other patients (both pre and post), what was obvious to me was not only the quality of his surgery but how natural the noses were to each patient. The surgery: It ended up being a 3 hour surgery because I had some dirty sinuses which he cleaned too. When I first saw my nose, I immediately knew that it was successful and he reassured me it would be. I loved my nose from the moment I saw it. It is now one of my best facial features and I couldn't be more appreciative to Dr. Guida. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a doctor and artist and also, a gentleman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2388861].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr. Guida approaches facial surgery like an architect or artist, working with the person’s natural proportions to achieve harmony, balance, and beauty within the structure of his or her God-given face. I couldn’t be happier with the entire experience, and I thank Dr. Guida and his wonderful, helpful, kind staff for all they have done to make this process better than I could have ever imagined.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2014

I found Dr Guida and his staff to be professional and knowledgeable. The results of the CO2 laser and upper eyelid procedure exceeded my expectations in results. There was a full week of down time w/CO2laser but the results have lasted over 3 years so far. I will do the fraxel laser with Dr Guida in the near future on my neck and chest. I highly recommend Dr Guida for any facial procedures and for lipo. Dr Guida explained the procedures and the expected results clearly and thoroughly. He was available before and after procedures to answer any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2013

Dr. Guida and his staff are impeccable and complete professionals. Dr. Guida was very attentive to my needs and completely thorough in discussing his recommendations for me. I immediately felt confidant that I had made the right choice. He and his staff from day 1 made the process seamless from doctor visits to the hospital and all the way through to recovery. He and his staff always made themselves available to answer my questions morning or night. He provides specific instructions on prepping for surgery to steps to follow for the most optimized recovery. Dr. Guida is personally invested in each patient and I definitely experienced it first hand. I have recommended friends to him and can't say enough about him and his staff they are amazing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Guida after months and months of researching top cosmetic surgeons in Manhattan and I am 1000% satisfied with his work! Since I was 10 I hated my nose. It just never seemed feminine to me. I had a bump, wide bridge, bulbous tip and wide nostrils. I liked the overall shape of my nose so essentially I wanted a refined version. I also, just recently had an accident, which created a bigger hump on my bridge and made my existing breathing issues more problematic. I only interviewed the top cosmetic surgeons who did computer imaging. Although I know that computer imaging isn't 100% accurate it was important for me to gauge that my potential doctor was on the same page as me. Dr. Guida was the only one who didn't shrink my nose drastically and he even talked me out of other refinements I was thinking of doing! He created an incredibly feminine and proportionate nose and not only can I breathe better, but my smile is much wider! A true talent and wonderful bedside manner!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Guida was the best. He was attentive, patient and a perfectionist. He always took the time to listen to me and follow up. He let me send him multiple pictures of what I wanted and even let me come back two times because I wanted my nostrils moved a little, teeny bit closer together – in short, he wouldn’t let me go until I was 100% satisfied. He’s the best. His staff are the best (especially Jessica who assists on procedures). I highly recommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600494].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I recently had a septorhinoplasty with Dr. Guida and am so, so happy with how it turned out. I've wanted to get rid of the bump on my nose for almost as long as I can remember. I finally got the guts to schedule some consultations in NYC this past year. Dr. Guida was pretty much my first choice from the beginning. He just has a perfect sense of what will look attractive and natural on all of his patients. I didn't want a cookie-cutter or ski-slope nose! He also is a trained ENT doctor so he knows how to make your nose functional AND pretty. He recognized that I had a deviated septum and was able to fix it along with the bump in my nose. I never really recognized I had a breathing problem, but even with a little swelling I can tell I'm already breathing better than I ever had before. I really can't recommend Dr. Guida highly enough. His office is very clean and classy, and the nurses and staff are great. He really takes his time to answer all of your questions. Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600493].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

very uncaring and unprofessional from start to finish. Dr. is not sympathetic to questions and concerns and never gets back to you if you have questions. Office staff rude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2012

It's nearly a year since my nose surgery and Dr. Guida has been solid with me the entire time. My post surgery recovery led to an issue which required additional surgery. Dr. Guida has been attentive and reassuring during this whole process. When he was called back to the surgery because the nurses were concerned about my appearance, he returned.Several times he has met me outside of his regular hours. A good man. Caring,thoughtful and funny. And his staff is terrific. Very personal attention and supportive. I love them all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][600491].votes_count ]]