Rate Dr. Monty V. Trimble

Dr. Monty V. Trimble's Ratings

After two rounds of antibiotics prescribed by other doctors for a "sinus infection" and 2 months of not breathing out of my right nostril, I went to Dr. Trimble to try to get some relief. I had a CT Scan done prior to my appointment so we could discuss it during the appt. On my initial appointmentvisit, he spent an incredible amount of time with me discussing my scan, my breathing/nose problems,and answering my questions. Dr. Trimble said the surgery would take place on the right side of my nose, but that if he saw something that needed correcting on the left side during surgery, he would do that. Well, I had my surgery and Dr. Trimble removed the mass and fixed the right side septum. He said the left side was fine and did nothing to that. I appreciated his conservative approach. Dr. Trimble spent a lot of time with me on my follow up appointment, as well. I never felt rushed. He is a great ENT and I feel much better thanks to him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2389062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

After paying 200 dollars for a ct scan I was told that I was a perfect for balloonplasty but my insurance wouldn't cover it. I got a second opinion and was told the ballon would do nothing for me I have maxillary hypoplasia on the left side. Which means my left maxillary sinus never developed. Funny thing is I was not told that by Dr Trimble yet the other Dr used the same CT scan I paid Dr Trimble $200 for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2389061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

During my initial visit, Dr. Trimble spent very little time in the room with me (3-5 minutes max) and only repeated everything the practitioner already said. I had a previous medical issue that him and his staff were aware of and they went ahead and scheduled me for a tonsillectomy. The day of my surgery, I spent 3 hours waiting in the hospital bed only to have a nurse tell me that because of these issues, I could not have my surgery and that Dr. Trimble had left the hospital already without ever speaking to me. His staff only made excuses for his discourtesy, stating he had other patients, but if he had time allotted for the surgery, he had time to speak to me. Suffice to say I will not be going back to Dr. Trimble nor would I recommend him to anyone. I would rather spend my time and money on a doctor who took the time to take care of his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2013

A friend of mine referred me to dr. Trimble after she had a balloon procedure done in the office. She kept raving about how much better she felt. I was desperate for help, so I went in as well. I was thoroughly impressed and decided to have a balloon dilation in the office as well. 6 weeks later and i feel so much better. I can breathe better without sinus Infections.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2012

I have had sinus/allergy issues for years. Other Drs had recommended major surgery, but Dr Trimble offered me an alternative. He did a new balloon dilation procedure in his office. My results have been amazing. I don't have sinus infections anymore...I haven't felt this good in years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

I am a Breast Cancer survivor of almost 18 years! I had a Bone Marrow Transplant and then radiation. Both the radiation and chemo had lasting effects. The radiation scarred my lung and I was prone to bronchitis, pneumonia, and asthma. Because of recurring sinus infections, infection kept draining into the bronchial tubes...and, I had bronchitis, or even pneumonia! Dr. Trimble recognized and took care of the problem, although we had to reschedule surgery twice because I would get sick at the last minute! Since the surgery (3+ mo.), I have been well! No bronchitis, pneumonia, throat infections....nothing!!! His staff is very understanding, polite, and helpful. Dr. Trimble changed my life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2011

I had sleep apnea and chronic congestion for years. I saw Dr. Trimble and we discussed a turbinate reduction ("turb") and decided to give it a try. Results were amazing! He did the procedure in his office with local anesthesia. My insurance did not cover the wand used for the turb, so that was my only out-of-pocket cost. I have been very pleased with the results -- I no longer need a CPAP to breathe while I sleep, I am sleeping better, congestion is rare (instead of constant), and migraine episodes have decreased by 80% or more. Dr. Trimble has been helpful, personable and provided lots of ideas and information regarding my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

While the office is well-run and making the appt was easy, I can say I wasn’t 100% pleased with Dr. Trimble. Despite reading these reviews I thought I’d give him a try since by doc referred me to him. He didn’t give me a definite answer to what is going on, said it would “be this…or could be that.” It wasn’t the answer I was looking for and felt my family doc gave me better options. I mentioned some issues I’d been having I thought were serious and I guess he thought they weren’t. I wish I would have gotten more definite responses to my ailment or at least a recommendation of whether I should continue my medication or not. He just told me to come see him if it happens again…

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I showed 25mins. early like asked then saw an assistant an hr later, did the hearing test after that then saw Dr.Trimble for 5mins. or less to be told " I'm not sure why you can't hear well but hey, I have a hand out that might help!" that hand out is a list of things to do like don't chew gum or ice, and things he simply could have asked if I did right then to move to the next step. I basically paid $30copay to be told what a pharmacy could have advised me to try free. Plus wasted 2hrs and $30 for nothing. I'm still at square one! Try at own risk, and if you have hrs to waste and money to burn.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2009

Poor communication. Lack of serious knowledge regarding procedure. In office procedure and he was not equipped with sterile equipment and lacked some standard germicide and sterilizing choices. Lacked empathy for pain threshold and did not take ownership for problems after surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][601503].votes_count ]]