Dr. Josee Lefebvre

Rate Dr. Josee Lefebvre

Dr. Josee Lefebvre's Ratings

I had a terrible experience with that doctor - both in her office and during labor. She's cold, aggressive, rough, incompetent, makes mistakes, doesn't answer questions in a polite way (not even after 2 days of labor and all because of her). Shouldn't work with women in such a sensitive and delicate period of life. She needs help. DON'T RECOMMEND HER!

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

I was hospitalized at St. Mary`s and loved the whole staff except dr. Lefebvre. She came to examine me with an ultrasound machine and told me there was no baby ( i was 9 months preg) then realized she did not know how to use the machine!! She refused to speak to me unless i was lying on my left side (bull) and was consulting webmd concerning my question. She also forgot about me and left me waiting 3 hours, only to tell me off because i had not eaten....but i was supposed to see her while fasting. Avoid at all costs!!! She is very cold and uncaring, i have no idea how she is still practicing at a wonderful hospital like St. Mary`s

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

The worst doctor I have ever met. Never there on time. Have to wait minimum 3 hours on your appointment because they will over schedule all patients just minutes apart. Sometimes you get there to see her and wait for hours then just come to know that she wont be there and have to reschedule your appointment. Very unprofessional and just unacceptable. I take a day off for my appointment and doesnt show up or comes always late and doesnt notify the clinic. Avoid at all cost.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2013 | flag

The polyclinique ile-de-soeurs in itself is probably responsible for at least half of the bad reviews this doctor is having. They give appointments a at minute distance from each other (how do you expect the patients not to wait forever if you overbook the schedule like that with one patient scheduled at 7:30 and the other one at 7:31?... Especially when the doctor shows up at 9:15!), and this is WHEN they give you an appointment for a day the doctor is in (I found out the doctor wasn't showing up when I arrived there once, only to be given yet another bad appointment, that I only learned was cancelled when I called), they are rude and condescending, arrive late themselves (the secretary was actually LAUGHING with her colleague at how she couldn't manage to arrive on time), charge whatever they feel like (I asked for a price list but there was none and, after having the procedure done, they charged me even more than announced for supposed 'extras' I was never given any details on...)

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

This women should not be a doctor! She has no knowledge, is very rude, does not listen, is clumsy and is always late. I had an appointment with her 3 weeks ago for menstrual cramps. She was 2 hours late and broke all of her pap smear specimen on the floor, there was broken glass everywhere. My problem was that I broke my tail bone when I was 14, therefore the swelling and bloating causes pressure which gives me tremendous pain, I ask if there was any physio I could do, since I no longer want to take pain killers. SHE replied that my cramps and my lower back pain were related to depression lol, and I should consult a psychiatrist! I was very insulted considering that I am 29 and in perfect health. I have a great job and happily married. SHE IS PURE DISASTER AND VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2013 | flag

Little knowledge and a horrible personality. I was pregnant for the first time and I saw this doctor 6 times, every time I had to wait alteast 2hrs and I got to see her for 5min. She gets very defensive when asking a question which made me uncomfortable to even ask a question. I had a premature labor 3 months ago at 19 weeks/3 days. I was bleeding and I had pain which I didn't recognise since it was my first pregnancy so I went to see her and she said everything is fine. A week later I went to emergency and she did the ultrasound and told me to bedrest. I told her I was having pain and she would not listen and get defensive about WHAT KIND of pain so she sent me home. The next day the pain got worse, I went to emergency again and delivered my baby at 19 weeks. She never called me to ask how I am for weeks. I called her myself and she said that I was having contractions and WE did not recognise it. I advice anyone who want to go to this doctor: DON'T! You will regret it. I know I have.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2012 | flag

ALWAYS LATE. Elle est toujours en retard. Je ne l'ai jamais vu à l'intérieur des 2h de mes rendez vous. Info minimale. J'espère vraiment que ce sera pas elle qui va m'accoucher! A 30 semaines c'et peut-être un peu tard pour changer...

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

What a horrible human being! How unlucky was I to be followed by her during my pregnancy! I had a wonderful pregnancy, except the appointments with her. Without mentioning the interminable hours of waiting at Plexo (between 2-5 hours before each appointment), she was aggressive, rude, incompetent with me. She sent me to the Internet to inquire about my questons. She yelled at me when I told her I was afraid of a C-section. She insulted me, calling me names I don't want to recall. I avoided telling her about my symptoms because she would dramatize and tell me the worst case scenario (which of course never happened), scaring me to death. She is emotionally unstable, no idea how come she is still "helping" pregnant women.I will complain to the College des medecins du Quebec. She should take a break and take care of her mental health. My advice is to do everything possible to avoid this doctor! Trust me, she does more harm than good!

Submitted Nov. 10, 2011 | flag

Je ne recommande pas cette docteure. Le temps d'attente est horriblement long (au moins 3 h, sinon 5 h, ce qui est très fatigant quand on est enceinte). Son humeur est inégale. Elle peut être agréable 1 fois sur 3 mais sinon, réagit avec impatience, sans aucune douceur. A ma grande surprise, quand on lui pose des questions, elle demande souvent qu'on aille vérifier sur internet. Elle semble aussi se mélanger dans ses dossiers. Elle n'est pas rassurante et plutôt stressante. Les relations humaines ne sont vraiment pas son fort. Elle devrait prendre moins de patients car ce n'est pas acceptable de faire attendre des femmes enceintes si longtemps. De plus, il semble avoir un problème d'organisation dans cette clinique (Plexo). Cela leur est arrivé de perdre une partie de mon dossier et de se tromper dans mon heure de RV, ce qui m'a fait attendre 1 h de plus. Je n’irai certainement pas avec cette docteure pour ma prochaine grossesse.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2011 | flag

After looking at the recent good reviews, I can not stop but to think that a staff must be writing these reviews. In all honesty, Levebfre is an ignorant and horrible person. I was pregnant in 2010 and misccaried after 5 months. In between those two events, I had the chance to see her twice and for a miserly 3 minutes-tops. To make matters worse, the waiting period is at least 3 hours long. She is pointless and unhelpful especially that this was my first pregnancy. In addition, after losing my baby and burying him. I went to see this imbecile, and as I was recounting what had happened, she had the nerve to scream at me. THE NERVE... when I asked to get further tested she got mad at me and then sent me to be tested for MALARIA. This might sound like a joke... but she is so ignorant that she didn't even think to ask me whether I had traveled in the past years and what my nationality was although I quite specifically said that I am Canadian born. Do I need to say more?

Submitted Sept. 14, 2011 | flag