Rate Dr. Mark R. Bassett

Dr. Mark R. Bassett's Ratings

Dr. Bassett is AMAZING! I had chronic sinus/ear infections & he corrected a deviated septum 8 days ago. Prior to surgery I had 3 office visits & a ct scan. Dr. Bassett is extremely knowledgeable, very thorough and has an excellent bedside manner (which may be an archaic & outdated expression considering this super fast technologically advanced era, but its definitely not an outdated concept...and too many doctors have forgotten WHAT it is & HOW incredibly important of a characteristic it is to possess!). He took the time to ACTIVELY LISTEN to what I had to say & thoughtfully paraphrased his interpretation in clear & concise words (no big doctor words or jargon!). He made sure I understood fully ALL the possible consequences of surgery and offered valid alternatives (I still chose surgery!). The day after surgery he had me come into the office, sans appointment, and saw me IMMEDIATELY (he even took the time to show me my stints- per my request- and offered to clean them for me to take home as a keepsake...I settled for pictures to show my kids lol!). All in all, my experience w/ Dr. Bassett has been one of the best doctor/patient experiences of my life & the only thing I wish I could change is the fact that he's a specialist and not my regular family doctor! His scheduler Donna is a little brass, brash & abrasive (& if I had to give my professional opinion it would be because she has very little self-awareness and not because she's a rude or bitter person! She can be very personable & friendly, just a little rough around the edges...but than again who can't from time to time?!), but Donna's lack eloquence is of absolutely no reflection on Dr. Bassett or his abilities as a ENT. I would HIGHLY recommend him to ANYONE & EVERYONE!!!!! 5 + Stars!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I chose Dr.Mark Bassett based on online reviews and I was not disappointed. Extremely professional and did very complete exam and asked many questions. What impressed me the most is he listened to what I was saying very carefully and addressed all my concerns with intelligent, well thought out answers. He also made several recommendations of how to deal with my medical issue.He then discussed which options I thought worked best for me. I would high recommend Dr. Bassett to anyone. He was frankly a breath of fresh air. He was Kind, engaging and no arrogance, but was extremely knowledgeable.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

I would like to say that my husband and I were extremely pleased with our consultation with Dr.Basset.He showed a lot of interest in my husband's problem, explained in details what happened to my husband regarding a severe event of vertigo, very knowledgeable and very caring! We would totally recommend him to family and friends! Spokane should have more doctors like him, who honor their profession the way it should be. Great doctor!!!!!

Submitted May 13, 2014 | flag

This doctor has done nasal surgery on my sister three times now to clean out polyps and he is very knowledgable, friendly and helpful. I'd highly recommend him to anyone needing an ENT.

Submitted Oct. 18, 2010 | flag

Excellent surgeon!! By far the most experienced, knowledgable, and intelligent physician in the greater Spokane area for ENT services. Professional and courteous. Performed head and neck surgury on short notice with complete recovery.

Submitted June 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. Bassett is wonderful. He listens carefully, shows concern, is very thorough, and spends all the time needed to answer questions and address concerns. Highly recommended.

Submitted April 1, 2010 | flag

Very nice guy and was very caring. I got my tonsils taken out at the age of 24 and I had a quick recovery with no excess bleeding or anything. Here it is two weeks later and I barely have a sore thoat. Would recommend highly!

Submitted Dec. 20, 2009 | flag

Dr. Bassett is very personable and seems knowledgeable. He did ear tube and adenoid surgery on my son at ages three and six. Recommended us to Dr. Wylie (a vision specialist) as my son had nerve damage that interferes with the brain/eye because of many ear infections and the scare tissue. Recommend him highly!

Submitted Aug. 6, 2009 | flag

Got in fast to see Dr. Was pleased with his service so far. Wish others would rate doctors more often.

Submitted April 11, 2009 | flag